More time for Huskie "LOVE": Lou Lopez Senechal | The Boneyard

More time for Huskie "LOVE": Lou Lopez Senechal

Reaction Score
Since the Boneyard has a lot of "love" for the team, let's move on to Lou:
Points per game 17.3 Field goal % .500, 3 Point % .529, and FT % .950
Note: that is (kind of) an inversion of 50 / 40 / 90 i.e. 3 point is better the FG %
Lou is above ALL THREE!
Let's hear some "love for Lou" (sounds nice, huh?)

Reaction Score
Most of us weren’t sure that Lou could make the jump in “class” from Fairfield’s program and level of competition.
Since Day One, however, Lou has shown anyone with eyes to see just what the word “class” means.
She’s only going to be here this season, so let’s all appreciate and enjoy her game before she moves on.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What do you think her WNBA opportunities will be? Can she be a first-round draft choice?

My opinion is that if she stays healthy and continues to produce at the same rate that she has thus far established, she should and will be a first-round draft pick.

PvP

Reaction Score
She rose in class this season without batting an eye. I see no reason why shouldn't be similarly successful in the W.

Although it is still early, I see Lou as the best transfer in Huskie history!

Reaction Score
After watching Lou in UConn action this year, it can be confirmed that she is the real deal! Lou would have been a star for any program in the nation during her 4 undergraduate years. Geno often mentions that "Lou is a scorer". That is her, someone who put points up on the board in many different ways. Just like Nika has that innate aggressiveness, Lou has an innate ability to get the ball in the hole. She can, and probably will be picked in the WNBA draft, if not first round - definitely early 2nd round! We love our Lou!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s impressive to me how much she gets done even when Azzi is on the bench. Some of Lou’s early season success could be downplayed as being possible because Azzi was the focus of the defense but with Azzi out, that dog doesn’t hunt. Yes, it’s been harder but Lou had 16 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 assists against Maryland even with the defense in her shorts.

Geno wanted to win the game in the post vs Maryland but the paint would open up only if Lou could establish herself as a threat. And she did. I love this kid

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Most of us weren’t sure that Lou could make the jump in “class” from Fairfield’s program and level of competition.
Since Day One, however, Lou has shown anyone with eyes to see just what the word “class” means.
She’s only going to be here this season, so let’s all appreciate and enjoy her game before she moves on.

I'm not the most astute person here, but when I saw her videos and awards and read what coaches said about Lou, I was not worried at all that she wouldn't adapt at UConn. Yes, Fairfield is notch or two below UConn WBB, but she clearly had the talent. She may be even slightly better than I expected, but I'm not surprised at her success.

Since the end of the summer, I have maintained that some astute GM (like Mike Thibault) would grab Lou in the first round of the draft.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I was a doubter till practice started and Geno said how good she is. I'm really glad to be proven wrong.

I'll say the same thing about Lou that I said about Inês the other day: It's not only her play, I'm pleasantly surprised with the chemistry she developed immediately with the other players.

Reaction Score
I continue to be amazed how Lou gets shots off and makes from all distances and angles even when tightly guarded. Most wouldn't even try some of these shots but Lou has more confidence than 99% of the players out there. I sometimes dream what it would have been like to have her 3 point shooting on past few year's teams. Happy to have her in Huskie uniform now.

Reaction Score
All great comments here. Lou couldn’t have come to us at a better time. Congratulations to Geno for bringing her to UConn. It is amazing how quickly she adjusted to this team. My hats off to Lou!!

Hat Hello GIF by Audible

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm with @MilfordHusky . From the jump I saw her as a tremendous get. A question: No agenda, just curiosity . I can't get this off TV. Is she a leader?

Reaction Score
I'm with @MilfordHusky . From the jump I saw her as a tremendous get. A question: No agenda, just curiosity . I can't get this off TV. Is she a leader?
"Is she a leader?" I believe that she is. Watch the post-game presser from the Princeton
game. Lou, of course, is in the middle (the senior member, seat in the middle between
Aubrey and Ines). IMO both Aubrey and Ines defer multiple questions to Lou. Of course, there is the
also, the soft "thank you" expressed by Ines to Lou. Judge for yourself.

Reaction Score
All great comments here. Lou couldn’t have come to us at a better time. Congratulations to Geno for bringing her to UConn. It is amazing how quickly she adjusted to this team. My hats off to Lou!!

Hat Hello GIF by Audible
Reminds me of another foreign infuse - - Svetlana Abrosimova ! GO Lou ! ! !

Reaction Score
I'm not the most astute person here, but when I saw her videos and awards and read what coaches said about Lou, I was not worried at all that she wouldn't adapt at UConn. Yes, Fairfield is notch or two below UConn WBB, but she clearly had the talent. She may be even slightly better than I expected, but I'm not surprised at her success.

Since the end of the summer, I have maintained that some astute GM (like Mike Thibault) would grab Lou in the first round of the draft.
Lou is fantastic. She is the epitome of a basketball player. I have written often players that REALLY play the game can play at any level.
Having patted my self on the back with the above.

Truth dictates: I have seen too many "transfers" with high to good to better reputation only to not produce at Uconn. So, I was VERY reluctant to anoint Lou ---LOU. I'm thrilled to say she has performed to YOUR expectations rather than mine.

If that is NOT being astute---????? Lou shall be drafted. How she performs from her on to the season's end, I believe, shall dictate her Draft position.

Reaction Score
Lou is fantastic. She is the epitome of a basketball player. I have written often players that REALLY play the game can play at any level.

Truth dictates: I have seen too many "transfers" with high to good to better reputation only to not produce at Uconn. So, I was VERY reluctant to anoint Lou ---LOU. I'm thrilled to say she has performed to YOUR expectations rather than mine.

If that is NOT being astute---????? Lou shall be drafted. How she performs from her on to the season's end, I believe, shall dictate her Draft position.
She rose in class this season without batting an eye. I see no reason why shouldn't be similarly successful in the W.

Although it is still early, I see Lou as the best transfer in Husky history!
I don't deny you may be right---Lou is the Best.
Butler, I had hoped for more from her, became recognized highly in her new pond. She won awards after awards.
Britiany Hunter, was the emotional favorite of a huge selection of Uconn fans.
Point is---The BEST must be defined before selecting.

Reaction Score

Although it is still early, I see Lou as the best transfer in Husky history!
I don't deny you may be right---Lou is the Best.
Butler, I had hoped for more from her, became recognized highly in her new pond. She won awards after awards.
Britiany Hunter, was the emotional favorite of a huge selection of Uconn fans.
Point is---The BEST must be defined before selecting.
Rocky, I don't know what you were looking for ON TV to show that Lou is
Rocky; I don't know what you thought you've missed to not make you think Lou a Leader. She is the consummate Basketball player. Follow when a follower is required, Be a teammate when necessary, Lead when leadership is benched. The last of that says it all. I a LEADER IS NEEDED Lou shall and had lead/led.
Caroline is my recent favorite. There isn't anything about LOU that can't make anyone a fan. She just looks like a Ball player as she moves on the floor.
When Fudd, Caroline, Lou, start meshing it shall be a sorry day for Women's Basketball Uconn shall become BAD again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom