More smoke: Source close to ACC says it wants UConn and UC wants ACC | The Boneyard

More smoke: Source close to ACC says it wants UConn and UC wants ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tweet from Kevin Nathan, NBC Conn sport directors

"Source close to ACC says it wants UCONN and UC wants ACC. The ACC also covets Notre Dame & would like to add two schools at once"

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
The fact that these ACC sources admit interest in UConn is a very, very good thing. My question in, by UC do you mean Cincinnati? Or are you saying that UConn reciprocates that interest?

Reaction Score
nathan also tweeted that this doesnt seem imminent, that its more weeks and months, not days. who knows how much truth there is here, or if the acc is stalling to try and make a play at texas and nd.

Reaction Score
This stuff is good to hear because if true there is a possibility that Uconn is weighing all our options before we commit (maybe there is some interest from the big-10) but this is all speculation and who actually knows if it is true

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
nathan also tweeted that this doesnt seem imminent, that its more weeks and months, not days. who knows how much truth there is here, or if the acc is stalling to try and make a play at texas and nd.
I think it's the latter.

Reaction Score
The fact that these ACC sources admit interest in UConn is a very, very good thing. My question in, by UC do you mean Cincinnati? Or are you saying that UConn reciprocates that interest?

It's a tweet, there's only 140 characters to work with

Reaction Score
i am getting a feeling that we are being played so hard by the acc. on the one hand i have never been more enthralled by anything as stupid as these random, often wrong snippets of information, in my life. on the other, i seriously don't think realeasing all this insider info can be good for the school.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The ACC wants ND to come in with us. But at some point, the ACC has to say to ND - you're out of time. In or out!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
The ACC wants ND to come in with us. But at some point, the ACC has to say to ND - you're out of time. In or out!

I hope its soon i dont know how much more of this crap I can take.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I hope its soon i dont know how much more of this crap I can take.

Agreed. It's gonna be a long weekend in Buffalo for me. It's going to consist of 2 football games and a whole lot of time spent on here trying to keep up with the latest rumors that likely won't end up coming fruition at all.

Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't HAVE to issue any such ultimatum. They can wait until hell freezes over for ND if they want.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The ACC doesn't HAVE to issue any such ultimatum. They can wait until hell freezes over for ND if they want.
They can, and while they wait the BiG and SEC will cherry-pick their schools.

Reaction Score
I don't think Nathan knows anything special about the ACC issue. The chatter is a lot of smoke. Don't be shocked if we go to the Big10.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It's gonna be a long weekend in Buffalo for me. It's going to consist of 2 football games and a whole lot of time spent on here trying to keep up with the latest rumors that likely won't end up coming fruition at all.

Buffalo is the perfect town for self-loathing, you'll be in good shape.

Reaction Score
Buffalo is the perfect town for self-loathing, you'll be in good shape.

True and not true. The people of Buffalo are into self-loathing... but as a person who has lived in New Haven, Ann Arbor, Providence, Rochester, Albany, etc., I would take this place over all of them in terms of the beauty of the city alone. I guess that's not saying much--just that there are bigger pits out there. This city does have a huge inferiority complex though.

Reaction Score
True and not true. The people of Buffalo are into self-loathing... but as a person who has lived in New Haven, Ann Arbor, Providence, Rochester, Albany, etc., I would take this place over all of them in terms of the beauty of the city alone. I guess that's not saying much--just that there are bigger pits out there. This city does have a huge inferiority complex though.

I have a few clients from Buffalo and they swear up and down that it is one of most underrated places on earth.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Marshawn is a fresh of breath air. He just love chain restaurants.

My brother and I actually ate at that Applebee's two years ago (caught the Bills Pats game in Buffalo) because of that Mayne Event.

That video is the reason why I loved Lynch. Pretty much everything else about his career is why I ended up wanting him out of Buffalo (a guy by the name of Fred Jackson helped too).

Reaction Score
Love it. "Who is Beethoven?"

I go to several Cal games each year and they would put Marshawn interviews on the scoreboard talking about his favorite video games - best unintended comedy clips ever.

Reaction Score
I have a few clients from Buffalo and they swear up and down that it is one of most underrated places on earth.

Let me explain to you what's going on in Buffalo. This used to be one of the richest cities in America. It was the first electrified city on Earth. Companies from all over America flocked here to take advantage of the free electricity flowing from the Niagara Power project. They built mansions all over the city, the USAs best architects built a great many houses, etc.

Over the years, Buffalo lost industry, bled jobs, became poor, suffered through racial problems that boggle it to this day, and in general it lost its talent. Left behind were the ghosts of the rich past. So far, people have been able to preserve that past and celebrate it, but the town is still poor. And the people left behind gripe a lot.

Reaction Score
Marshawn definitely ventured out of the chain restaurants near the Stadium. He had one too many at the local bars downtown and clipped a few people with his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom