More Nebrich | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is nothing in evidence that suggests our Oline is any better than one from the FCS. I'm happy the kid is doing well but the left and P let him go. Get over it or go buy Fordam season tickets.

The point is valid, he would not be doing any better under the current conditions. Not that it matters anyway, because for the tenth fridden time, our QB is not amongst the major problems with this team, so unless he turns into an NFL prospect at guard or tackle, I don't give a rip.
Yeah, say 3rd round from Moorehead State. Thanks coach, you're a genius. I will say though I do agree with you about not needing a QB, Boyle is our guy, and he's a good one. I watched him all through HS.

Reaction Score
I"ll betcha Moorehead and PP argued about who would be their QB and PP demoted him from OC to line coach right then and there.

Uhhh... No. Moorhead was displaced when PP hired GDL as OC and moved JM to QB Coach (never a line coach).

Reaction Score
Uhhh... No. Moorhead was displaced when PP hired GDL as OC and moved JM to QB Coach (never a line coach).
He DEMOTED him. What else do you want to call it? Moved? PP already had an OC and he "moved" him in favor of George Deleone, that action right there is telling. Paul Pasqualoni was like Casey Stengel managing the Mets. A stubborn old man way past him prime who refused to listen to any younger fresher ideas from subordinates. That's what happens when you get old, creativity goes out the window, you lose the ability to try new things. PP duckked up this team to no end. Ask Tebucky Sr.

Reaction Score
I saw him in practice a couple of times and thought he was ten times better than McEntee. He reminded me a lot of Matt Grothe, had a great arm, could scramble, was comfortable in the pocket, was very fast. His only negative was he was raw in a collegiate sense, made stupid mistakes, just needed PT to gain some confidence. It's ironic that a torn ACL ended Grothe's career and MN is coming back from one but it doesn't seem to have slowed him down. I"ll betcha Moorehead and PP argued about who would be their QB and PP demoted him from OC to line coach right then and there. What an , hired by an even bigger .

Matt Grothe is an excellent comparison.

Reaction Score
No way. He is one of the best QBs in FCS. There is no question that he would have been a decent QB for us. It's not like he is playing among 5 year olds.

Regardless of FCS, if he keeps it up, he's gonna get a shot in the NFL.

Reaction Score
This is the extent of my thoughts on Nebrich as the would be current UConn QB.

1. The guys chasing him on D would be bigger, faster and stronger.

2. The guys protecting him would be the same guys protecting CW and TB.

3. The results would be about the same or worse. Both CW and TB have shown to be more than serviceable if given time to throw. CW threw a more accurate ball and TB handles the rush better. Both make mistakes because of the pressure and both end up on their back an awful lot. Nebrich would suffer the same.

So you are saying that if could combine the Fordham and UConn teams to finish the season and based on performance and potential shown to date you would have TB and CW fighting it out for starting QB and Nebrich at best 3rd string QB fighting it out with CC? If he is serviceable, CW must be good enough to start for some BCS teams (less than 70 to chose from). Give me 5, don't even have to have winning records.

Where is buslaw to note something to the effect "you weren't at all the practices, how do you know MN wasn't given a chance and it was just that Johnny Mac's production kept him as the starter year 1 and CW's pocket presence, security with ball and running ability didn't prove he would be more productive than MN in year 2."

By the way, how would results be worse than 0-6?

Reaction Score
Some of the writers that have jumped on the Nebrich/Jones/Moorhead story work for Papers, like the Courant, that are part of big print media conglomerates. I first read the article referenced above on the Los Angeles Times site.

I know what a bunch of you want to say. I'd say the same thing; use the same arguments. The problem is people will have one of two reactions. 1) Who cares, and 2) Winless and stupid, too.

Reaction Score
Some of the writers that have jumped on the Nebrich/Jones/Moorhead story work for Papers, like the Courant, that are part of big print media conglomerates. I first read the article referenced above on the Los Angeles Times site.

I know what a bunch of you want to say. I'd say the same thing; use the same arguments. The problem is people will have one of two reactions. 1) Who cares, and 2) Winless and stupid, too.

I didn't even read the piece referenced until after reading your post - what a piece of trash. Who cares, and winless and stupid - as the message that is going out across the country as a fanbase is right. What a wonderful piece written by our local print media.....NOT.

I actually like Joe Moorhead as a candidate for head coach, and I wrote why - and it's got nothing to do with the fact that he's been at UCONN before, or that I'm feeling like "what - if" because they are 8-0 in the Patriot league with a multiple year head start in scholarship football on their competition and that they can beat Yale at Yale by 30.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The strangest thing about hindsight. It's always 20/20.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is the extent of my thoughts on Nebrich as the would be current UConn QB.

1. The guys chasing him on D would be bigger, faster and stronger.
Agreed

2. The guys protecting him would be the same guys protecting CW and TB.
True but he would three years under his belt and he was a dual threat which is needed with this line

3. The results would be about the same or worse. Both CW and TB have shown to be more than serviceable if given time to throw. CW threw a more accurate ball and TB handles the rush better. Both make mistakes because of the pressure and both end up on their back an awful lot. Nebrich would suffer the same.
You don't know that. None of us do, but I will say he would have given UCONN a better chance in imho than Whitmer who we know can't throw on the run and has no pocket presence. So would things be great, probably no, but could they have been better, I would say yes

Reaction Score

He DEMOTED him. What else do you want to call it? Moved? PP already had an OC and he "moved" him in favor of George Deleone, that action right there is telling. Paul Pasqualoni was like Casey Stengel managing the Mets. A stubborn old man way past him prime who refused to listen to any younger fresher ideas from subordinates. That's what happens when you get old, creativity goes out the window, you lose the ability to try new things. PP duckked up this team to no end. Ask Tebucky Sr.

Sorry - didn't mean to set off a tirade. My only point was on the timing - Nebrich hadn't even signed his NLI when Moorhead was DEMOTED to QB Coach in favor of GDL as OC.

Reaction Score
Sorry - didn't mean to set off a tirade. My only point was on the timing - Nebrich hadn't even signed his NLI when Moorhead was DEMOTED to QB Coach in favor of GDL as OC.
Yeah you're right, my apologies. I still liked my post though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom