Mora’s Haunted House on Game Day | The Boneyard

Mora’s Haunted House on Game Day

Reaction Score
Just listening to the Coaches Show on The Varsity Network. Coach Mora said that ESPN was at his house with paranormal activity experts doing a segment that will be on College Game Day this Saturday. Should be interesting!

Reaction Score
Anyone else have a UConn Storrs ghost story beside this one?

23D52E61-09A6-4E9E-8106-312CD3DE02F2.jpeg

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Too bad Game Day blows and is unwatchable. McAfee has made it even worse.
I am glad you brought this up...McAfee is obviously very popular on ESPN. And they brought him on Gameday to eventually replace Corso.

I don't get it. He seems like he is all schtick. He plays the contrarian on his picks and it just seems like he is a bit of a tool. I find him to be more annoying than humorous.

Obviously I am in the minority because all I read is how great he is. What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Yeah.
I liken McAfee with WWE (son and I are fans).

Way too energetic and off the wall for college football. Game day is too performative these days.
This is how espn works. They can’t get over that they aren’t the cool kids anymore.

So they go out and buy what they can’t produce on the market. They don’t develop any talent.

They amplify talent. So, everyone there built their following somewhere else, and espn puts that on steroids.

They are unable to build their own stats organically, for a lot of reasons.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah.

This is how espn works. They can’t get over that they aren’t the cool kids anymore.

So they go out and buy what they can’t produce on the market. They don’t develop any talent.

They amplify talent. So, everyone there built their following somewhere else, and espn puts that on steroids.

They are unable to build their own stats organically, for a lot of reasons.
Unfortunately, I have seen Orlovsky as one of the ESPNers hyping him.

Reaction Score
I am glad you brought this up...McAfee is obviously very popular on ESPN. And they brought him on Gameday to eventually replace Corso.

I don't get it. He seems like he is all schtick. He plays the contrarian on his picks and it just seems like he is a bit of a tool. I find him to be more annoying than humorous.

Obviously I am in the minority because all I read is how great he is. What am I missing?
He's great on commentary for the WWE

Reaction Score
I know someone that works on Gameday and they said the people that went to the house do actually believe it is haunted. Should make for a good segment. I believe it is slated for a 10:30 airing.

Reaction Score
Too bad Game Day blows and is unwatchable. McAfee has made it even worse.

They don’t develop any talent. Everyone there built their following somewhere else,
I guess that’s why they make chocolate and vanilla.

I’m a huge fanboy of Gameday. I love the enthusiasm of the show, the fans gathered with their signs, the discussions, the human interest pieces and Lee Corso’s headgear. I also enjoy the professionalism of Rece Davis holding it all together, Bear making his horrible picks and McAfee as the irreverent chair on the set. It’s one of the best produced shows on television.

As for ESPN’s talent pool, they have developed some excellent homegrown talent but like every media outlet, Wall Street firm or University sports department, they’re learning how to use “the portal” to better their team.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
About Gameday- it’s basically the only “talk” show I watch on ESPN or on any sports channel. No, I don’t watch it end to end- maybe just a solid hr or so most weekends. But with everything else including NFL pre game shows I watch less than 5 mins as I just don’t find it a good use of time. I also enjoy the Big Noon kickoff show- although I often only watch bits here and there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom