Monday night, is it time for Stewie............... | The Boneyard

Monday night, is it time for Stewie...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Monday night, is it time for Stewie to silence the crowd by throwing one or two down. National TV, hostile crowd, physical team and a league championship on the line. Throw down one left an handed an one right handed!

Reaction Score
Monday night, is it time for Stewie to silence the crowd by throwing one or two down. National TV, hostile crowd, physical team and a league championship on the line. Throw down one left an handed an one right handed!

UConn will, hopefully, do what they normally do to quiet the crowd...play UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if we ever see a UConn player dunk anywhere other than practice. Breanna has had numerous opportunities to do so and always settles for the layup. Maybe it is just her personality or a team philosophy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it's time for her to dominate with 25 and 10, plus 5 blocks, and get the attention of the NPOY voters.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I was thinking its time for a 35 or 40-point game.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I doubt it's a team philosophy. Geno has said before that he thinks Breanna will dunk in a game. Maya almost did once but settled for a layup (that I think she missed).

Reaction Score
Monday night is time for the entire team to play well, play aggressively, don't back down. Hopefully, we will not wind up in the same bracket as Louisville. It's not easy when you have to play the same team four times.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna plays at a different level then anybody else in WCBB. Lobo said it and she was right. Breanna is Diana at 6'4. As long as Breanna stays healthy UConn will not lose a NC game while she is at UConn and she's only a sophomore. I expect Monday nite to be the Breanna Stewart show. I'm not talking about her scoring a lot of points I talking about her getting the big time recognition she has earned and deserves to be the NPOY. She will put on a show on both sides of the ball that no other player can match.

A lot of fans are hyped for this game, thinking can LVille beat mighty UConn. The answer is no. I expect LVille to be very physical and the refs not call it letting them play. Some of you are worried about this game. UConn has never been in danger of losing a game to Lville and as great as they have played this year they are no match for UConn. IMO this UConn team is ranked as the Greatest UConn team of all time along with TASS and DT .

I keep hearing ND is the only team that has a chance to beat or compete with UConn. They aren't imo. I give UConn a 15 pt advantage if we meet them . This team is a steam roller because they have been groomed at a level that no team in WCBB can compete with. When you look at all the talent on all the top teams in WCBB then you look at a post player like Stef or a guard like Bria or MoJeff or you look at a shooter like KML who is still great even after her injuries and sickness then you look up at a player like Breanna surrounded by the other 4. All these kids do things that no other player does and they do it within a team concept.

Some of you worry when a top recruit goes elsewhere. I don't because I know she can be replaced by another player who will fit into Genos system. If you think Im wrong look back to when Tuck and KML were out hurt and UConn went on that run against the top teams in the nation and beat them on their home court. You see it doesn't matter when you have kids that are disciplined to play team ball and can fit into the system.

UConn is at a level of team ball that no team in WCBB can out talent, even on an off nite, even if UConn has injuries. UConn has proved that . So don't buy into all the hype, all the smoke and mirrors. As good as LVille is and they are a talented and very good group that plays team ball they cant beat UConn even on a good day. Monday nite will be Breanna Stewarts nite and she will WOW the nation. UConn 77 Louisville 56

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Dunks - no.

Good team defense and crisp passing to the open player for the shot. Control the boards and silence the crowd.

Just good old Uconn basketball!

Reaction Score
I, too, think it would be the perfect time. Here's my reasoning...
- Big Game in terms of affirming UCONN as top dog. Theres some doubt whether they can dominate the rest of the season if thry were to play ND in the final. A big win and and emphatic play such as a Dunk is what i believe to be a nationally televised Stamp on that.
- Every announcer calls her the best player in the country. "Unguardable" yet there is speculation as to who will win NPOY with Sims and Ogumwike in contention. They both have the seasons to earn it but if Stewie throws it down against our conference rivals, finishing g out a perfect regular season... barring any collapse come tourney time I dont see how it cant be her trophy for the taking.
-Lastly, ive waited my entire uconn fan career for a UConn dunk. Im impatient. THROW IT DOWN, STEWIE

Reaction Score
No dunks, especially on Lville home court. Remember when Tenn's Parker dunked on Uconn's court, when we were losing? It really ticked off the players and that led to a rally. I don't know why people need to see a dunk, it's only 2 points after all. Rather see a 3 pointer.

Reaction Score
It is time to send a message and let Jeff and the rest of the country know who's boss. Let the big dogs run and don't let off the gas pedal. Beat Louisville by 35 if possible. It is one thing not to beat UCF by 85 points, but it is tournament time and I think a good beat down of a highly ranked opponent is due. Hold them to under 41 points(half their average). If Geno wants his team to get that killer attitude then he has to let them destroy Louisville. Press from the opening whistle and step on the gas on offense. None of this pre game press crap about how Louisville has a great team, they are at home with 20,000 fans and playing well. Screw that. "We are UCONN and here to make a statement!" :mad:

55 TO GO

Reaction Score
IMHO a fastbreak dunk by Stewie will only rile up the crowd. Now a one-handed putback of an offensive rebound or an alley-oop from MoJeff !!

Reaction Score
If she's gonna do it this year, save it for ND - final exclamation point in final game of NCAA tourney ("Any questions?").

More realistically, why doesn't she work on her vertical leap over the summer and build more confidence that she'll never miss a dunk. And then I still think she should only use it if/when they need it. Wouldn't feel right to me to be dunking on UCF or Houston who you're gonna beat by 40+ anyway....

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Breanna plays at a different level then anybody else in WCBB. Lobo said it and she was right. Breanna is Diana at 6'4. As long as Breanna stays healthy UConn will not lose a NC game while she is at UConn and she's only a sophomore. I expect Monday nite to be the Breanna Stewart show. I'm not talking about her scoring a lot of points I talking about her getting the big time recognition she has earned and deserves to be the NPOY. She will put on a show on both sides of the ball that no other player can match.

A lot of fans are hyped for this game, thinking can LVille beat mighty UConn. The answer is no. I expect LVille to be very physical and the refs not call it letting them play. Some of you are worried about this game. UConn has never been in danger of losing a game to Lville and as great as they have played this year they are no match for UConn. IMO this UConn team is ranked as the Greatest UConn team of all time along with TASS and DT .

I keep hearing ND is the only team that has a chance to beat or compete with UConn. They aren't imo. I give UConn a 15 pt advantage if we meet them . This team is a steam roller because they have been groomed at a level that no team in WCBB can compete with. When you look at all the talent on all the top teams in WCBB then you look at a post player like Stef or a guard like Bria or MoJeff or you look at a shooter like KML who is still great even after her injuries and sickness then you look up at a player like Breanna surrounded by the other 4. All these kids do things that no other player does and they do it within a team concept.

Some of you worry when a top recruit goes elsewhere. I don't because I know she can be replaced by another player who will fit into Genos system. If you think Im wrong look back to when Tuck and KML were out hurt and UConn went on that run against the top teams in the nation and beat them on their home court. You see it doesn't matter when you have kids that are disciplined to play team ball and can fit into the system.

UConn is at a level of team ball that no team in WCBB can out talent, even on an off nite, even if UConn has injuries. UConn has proved that . So don't buy into all the hype, all the smoke and mirrors. As good as LVille is and they are a talented and very good group that plays team ball they cant beat UConn even on a good day. Monday nite will be Breanna Stewarts nite and she will WOW the nation. UConn 77 Louisville 56

I like what you are saying Tony but my real concern is that Stewie has a god-awful game, it could happen. That being said, I would like to see her, as other posters have said, just have a monster game on Monday night in front of a massive local and TV crowd. I expect she will turn in a 30 point +/- performance but would love to see her lay 35-40 on Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom