Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Monday games: ND @ NC State, Oregon @ OSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's as if Collier was injured and Katie Lou was having one of her bad nights (like Sunday). If Oregon loses, does UConn move to #2?
No offense but comparing Hebard to Collier is a bit disrespectful to Pheesa but I get the point you were trying to make.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Somebody forgot to tell Oregon the game is over. Cut an 11 point deficit to 6.

If OSU does win, I don't want to see this get spun as it doesn't count because Hebard was injured. Beavs were in control while she was playing.
And this is called being preemptively salty.

Of course it'll put an asterisk on it. Oregon's chances of coming back to win took a crippling blow when she went out injured.

How about showing some class and concern for the injured player?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean they choke away their lead (again) to Notre Dame and then they drop a game to a middling Texas A&M team in Hawai'i. I wish they'd show out in their nonconference the way they play vs. Oregon.

Can't argue that. They play ND tough every time but can't finish the game off. A&M game they just flat out weren't ready to play, laid an egg in that one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Terrible end to the half for OSU. Just chucking long 3's and holding onto the ball until the shot clock was about to expire. Left the door open for the Ducks.

Reaction Score

Of course it'll put an asterisk on it. Oregon's chances of coming back to win took a crippling blow when she went out injured.

Was anyone on here happy she went down? You’re being overly defensive because your team is losing. Relax. I hope she is okay, hate to see any athlete get hurt, even ones on Tennessee or ND.

Reaction Score
Somebody forgot to tell Oregon the game is over. Cut an 11 point deficit to 6.

If OSU does win, I don't want to see this get spun as it doesn't count because Hebard was injured. Beavs were in control while she was playing.
I think it will be moot - Oregon will figure it out at halftime, like they did on Friday, and wins with or without Hebard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

I hate seeing players get injured. I like Hebard, I hope she returns soon.

I was conjecturing about what I imagine the public perception of a OSU W would possibly be.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It cannot be overstated how crippling the injury to Hebard is (no pun intended). Oregon does not have the depth to cover for her absence. And frankly they'd be stupid to play her in the rest of this game. Can't risk her postseason over this one game.

As I said, congrats to the Beavers.

Reaction Score
It cannot be overstated how crippling the injury to Hebard is (no pun intended). Oregon does not have the depth to cover for her absence. And frankly they'd be stupid to play her in the rest of this game. Can't risk her postseason over this one game.

As I said, congrats to the Beavers.
I agree, she is essential to their success. Not sure I’d risk it either.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice change of pace watching a game where you don't have a rooting interest and can enjoy the intrinsic merits of both teams. OSU has been impressive defensively to me. I hope they can keep it together and it goes down to the wire.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gildon has had 20/10 games, she isn't chopped liver.

There have been SO many injuries around the country this year, a bunch of teams have been effected. Oregon St. has not been the same since Kat Tudor went out right at the beginning of conference play. They would be much better with her.

Reaction Score
Nice change of pace watching a game where you don't have a rooting interest and can enjoy the intrinsic merits of both teams. OSU has been impressive defensively to me. I hope they can keep it together and it goes down to the wire.
I’m rooting for Oregon State because it could help UConn seeding.

Reaction Score
OSU’s bigs do seem to bother Hebard. She shot well below her (rediculously high) average the first night and was 3-7 tonight. Great finisher though, but benefits so much from Ionescu.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Gildon has had 20/10 games, she isn't chopped liver.

There have been SO many injuries around the country this year, a bunch of teams have been effected. Oregon St. has not been the same since Kat Tudor went out right at the beginning of conference play. They would be much better with her.
I love Tudor and she was important to OSU, but come on. Hebard is WAY more important to Oregon than Tudor was to OSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I’m rooting for Oregon State because it could help UConn seeding.
A loss here will not drop Oregon below UConn. They'll probably stay at #2 overall.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I love Tudor and she was important to OSU, but come on. Hebard is WAY more important to Oregon than Tudor was to OSU.

It wasn't a direct comparison, but both are very important to their team.

Reaction Score
Hmm, their lack of post depth is on Grave’s. He had a really good one in McGwire, but she spent a lot of time on the bench and he hasn’t done a thing with Giomi who has been there for 3 years and is a RS-SO. Rueck has already has Patricia Morris looking better than Giomi.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Creme has Oregon as a 1 seed, but if Oregon can't win its conference without Hebard, I'm not sure the seeding would be secure. And Oregon was having a hard enough time even with Hebard.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Grymek picks up foul #3 less than a minute into Q3.

Reaction Score
A loss here will not drop Oregon below UConn. They'll probably stay at #2 overall.
Lot of games to be played before next Monday’s poll, but looking at the schedule the top 6 teams should win all their games this week. I think a big factor for Oregon’s ranking is whether Hebard is coming back this year. If they lose tonight there will definitely be an asterisk. But if Hebard were unfortunately out for the season, that asterisk would be there for the duration and would (and should) influence the poll voters.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
BS call, Pivec did not step out of bounds, stole 2 points from OSU.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
A very entertaining game to watch. Pulling for OSU. But Duckies are darned good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom