MNT's 2023 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2023

Reaction Score
Gregggg is tactically an idiot.

After the red he missed the chance to make an adjustment.

Reaction Score
We know GGG is terrible. The players themselves have been atrocious. This is almost an unforgivable performance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We know GGG is terrible. The players themselves have been atrocious. This is almost an unforgivable performance.
3-0
Not the best performance but a win is a win
GGG is not the worse coach out there but hater will be haters
So Be it

Reaction Score
Tillman is a waste of space. Half a dozen touches in the box and he just gives the ball away. If he is in the starting line up again it's a firing offense.
Gio shines again. Nice last 15 mminutes.

Reaction Score
A more egregious offense than leaving Landycakes off the plane

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If Gio isn't the first choice for CAM, GGG is an idiot. I'm concerned that Balogun has the Wondolowski DNA.

Reaction Score
I was only passively watching tonight since the UConn game was on, but Dest really needs to sit out a few games after that one. Just an inexplicable tantrum from a veteran player.

Even if you pin tonight on Dest, that doesn’t discount this team’s uninspiring home win the other night and barely squeaking past Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for Copa. Neither the eye test nor the numbers tell a good story for Gregg, and they’re going to waste this group’s potential with him as their coach.

Reaction Score
Dest is fine. You need that fire on the NT. It got out of control but that the danger with emotional players. But that was the perfect game to go nuclear.

I would like to know what set him off.

Reaction Score
"It's a complete lack of respect for the guys that are playing, for the guys that are on the bench. It's a lack of respect for the game itself, for the referees", Tim Ream, USMNT game captain.

"my behavior was unacceptable, selfish and immature", Dest.

Reaction Score
Talk that Dest is the USMNT's real problem is pretty ridiculous. Don't be distracted.

Reaction Score
I was only passively watching tonight since the UConn game was on, but Dest really needs to sit out a few games after that one. Just an inexplicable tantrum from a veteran player.

Even if you pin tonight on Dest, that doesn’t discount this team’s uninspiring home win the other night and barely squeaking past Trinidad and Tobago to qualify for Copa. Neither the eye test nor the numbers tell a good story for Gregg, and they’re going to waste this group’s potential with him as their coach.
The goal this weekend was to win the series and qualify for Copa. They achieved the goal. I'm not a big Berhalter fan either but I prefer to criticize coaches when their team doesn't achieve their goals, rather than when they do. But that's just me. (P.s., yes, we should be able to beat Trinidad, and failing to would have been awful. I'm not urging anyone to be thrilled for Greg that we advanced. Just that achieving goals, even easy ones, is the aim.)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
"It's a complete lack of respect for the guys that are playing, for the guys that are on the bench. It's a lack of respect for the game itself, for the referees", Tim Ream, USMNT game captain.

"my behavior was unacceptable, selfish and immature", Dest.

This should be the end of it. Dest is already way better than he was last cycle. Let's not have a repeat of the Reyna saga. We were up four aggregate goals with 60 minutes left in the tie. It wasn't the world cup. The Copa will speak volumes on the players and GGG.

Reaction Score
The goal this weekend was to win the series and qualify for Copa. They achieved the goal. I'm not a big Berhalter fan either but I prefer to criticize coaches when their team doesn't achieve their goals, rather than when they do. But that's just me. (P.s., yes, we should be able to beat Trinidad, and failing to would have been awful. I'm not urging anyone to be thrilled for Greg that we advanced. Just that achieving goals, even easy ones, is the aim.)
That’s totally fair, but I do think it’s possible to have multiple goals running in parallel.

Results matter, and that will always be the case. But they’re less than three years away from hosting the World Cup, so seeing consistent growth and development matters, too. Even if we zoom out beyond this weekend, it just doesn’t feel like they’re trending in the right direction from either a numbers or an eye test perspective.

While it’s too small of a sample size to draw any conclusions, it’s worth noting this group played arguably its best ball under BJ Callaghan. I really wish they would go back to the free flowing system he implemented with the A team and see how it works over a longer period of time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The problem was that once Dest had his melt down, we still should have been able to win or at least draw. But thanks to GGG, we didn't. That's on him. Playing 4-3-2 til what the 70th/80th minute? Just stupid.

But we are stuck with him. The players are going to have to overcome him.

Reaction Score

You can see the fault lines even when achieving a very attainable goal.

When this team runs into its first real challenge within this cycle it will probably shatter.

Reaction Score
GGG's win percentage is so soft + Mexico's been historically weak. Can't wait for Copa. Rooting for the boys in spite of GGG

Reaction Score
So, what does everyone think about the Copa America Group C draw? Uruguay will be tough, but the others, Bolivia and Panama should be wins, and getting first in the group is almost a requirement to make the semifinals, since the presumed Group D winner is Brazil; struggling they may be, but they're still vastly superior to the USMNT.

And, yes, Pulisic's goal was very nice, both the first touch and the chip finish.

Reaction Score
This is pretty typical for January camp.

416855072_18407934040047467_4140342802534989756_n.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom