Missouri leads Tennessee | The Boneyard

Missouri leads Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Harrison picked up 2 quick fouls to start game and the Missouri post players had a field day

Reaction Score
UT down by 4 at home at the half against an unranked team! Things that make ya go HUUUUMMMM!! We are talking about the8th ranked team in the usa and the mighty SEC. 21 points against missouri, yikes!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Standby for player ejections after a scuffle.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Harrison and Moore get tossed for the vols.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Burdick should have been tossed for leaving the bench. Bonehead refs.

Reaction Score
Announcers were woefully unprepared to explain the rules in that situation.

Reaction Score
I hope the UConn players understand very well to not leave the bench if something happens on the court. I'd hate to see a bunch of them sent to the locker room. Of course it's very unlikely for any particular team to see a potential "bench-clearing" incident, but still.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure why both players were ejected when only Harrison threw an elbow.

Reaction Score
According to Tenn, they are the "classiest" in WCBB...... can't wait to see the replay......

Reaction Score
Harrison didn't throw an elbow. She had an elbow thrown into the middle of her back after being man handled during a box out (as she was every play during limited minutes along with Bash the entire game). Missouri is a bad matchup for the LADY Vols. Robin has always been a coach who relies on her undersized post players to pinch, scratch, flop, hook, and whatever it takes to contain bigger and better frontcourts. She has been that way since coaching Saint Ambrose and Illinois State. I know too many coaches and players who have played against her tactics to know that my respect is best saved for other coaches.

Tennessee should of been up by 20 in the 1st half with the shots they were getting. Missouri missed a few layups so they could have been up more. Missouri has 5 three bombers on the court at all times so they can be difficult to guard if they are hitting their shots. It was able to keep them in this game at times when Tennessee was poised to break it open into a blowout. Jones would've been nice to have for this game, along with Harrison. Another ugly game most likely coming up in Nashville.

Officials were terrible in all areas for both sides, and it dictated to flow of this game. Brian Enterline is terrible.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I watched the replay umpteen times. Unless elbows are now called feet or something, she threw an elbow.

Reaction Score
But not Burdick?
If I understand the rules correctly:

The Conference officials can correct any errors regarding who was involved, e.g. add Burdick to the mele. If the refs said a fight occurred, the Conf officials can't change that.

I didn't see the incident, but players could miss the next game if the incident was deemed a fight. Sounds like Izzy threw an elbow (doesn't matter if it connected) so she could be suspended from the next game. If the Mizzou player said something to cause izzy to react, even if there was no physical action by the Mizzou player, that would be considered participation in a fight and result in a rejection from the game.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I just watched the replay and my only question is why wasn't Burdick ejected? Nia Moore got tossed instead. ::confused face:: Maybe they got the players mixed up?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
...She has been that way since coaching Saint Ambrose and Illinois State.

I saw about half of the games she coached at ISU, and never saw anything like what you've accused. Nor do I know anyone else who thought her teams were violent, etc. Tap the brakes before you come on the board as a visitor and make unfounded assertions in a strange effort to make your LV dust-up seem more civilized.

Reaction Score
With all due respect to our Tenn friends on here..... how is this OK or justifiable? Stewart is mugged and manhandled every game..........i must keep quiet tho..... till i get home and see the replay..... players leaving the bench if it is true..... dont think there is a reason for that....i am sure somehow it will all make sense

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Bayareahusky said:
With all due respect to our Tenn friends on here..... how is this OK or justifiable? Stewart is mugged and manhandled every game.....i must keep quiet tho..... till i get home and see the replay..... players leaving the bench if it is true..... dont think there is a reason for that....i am sure somehow it will all make sense

Players left the bench. It's on espn home page now under Tenn/Mizz game recap.

It's clear there is an elbow thrown and players leave the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some Lady Vols stay home on their trip to Nashville.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didnt Harrison get ejected from the Vanderbilt game last year ?

Reaction Score
I stand by my accusations... I've had my thoughts about her for a long time... way before this game. I dont think they are horrible accusations. Clearly, many coaches have no problem using the thug method (Cards vs. Bears anyone?). I just don't respect it. I'm actually disappointed Izzy didn't keep a cooler head, regardless of the tactics used. As for the bench clearing the only player to run on the court was Burdick and she was holding Izzy, not engaging. Juanita tried to start a dust up with Draya too, who was standing between everyone. Then, as Alexa was shooting free throws it was Robin who ran to the middle of the court to argue with a ref about the PA announcement. And, Izzy did not throw an elbow... an elbow may have moved but in no way did she "throw" it. Izzy was woman enough to turn around and get in her face and getting mauled. Yes it does happen to the better players, but even the best players are going to reach a limit from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom