Missed Opportunity | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Missed Opportunity

Reaction Score
They should have never lost that game. They were so much more talented than Indiana. I will be a happy man when Vital graduates. He is a turnover machine. Have him come off the bench and start Bouknight the rest of the way. This was a sickening loss.

Reaction Score
All I can say is, I’m excited about the future.

If I was going to say one more thing, it would be to say that watching CV tonight was like watching 2.5 hours of Donyell missing FTs. That was one of the worst individual performances—emphasis on “individual “—I’ve ever seen. Although the buck stops with DH, who let that happen.

I don't think that's fair at all. Vital played a bad game, but it was bad because he tried to force the ball too much to other guys, not because he was trying to be the hero.

Reaction Score
Defender hooked Vital's arm on that last turnover. Clearly jarred the ball loose.

Shut. Up.

Maybe he shouldn't have dribbled at a 38 degree angle into a crowd 32 feet from the rim.

Some people just don't know their limitations.

Christian has always been a good role player skillset that thinks he's got star skills. It's always been a problem, it will always be a problem.

Dude is like fire. A fire, when well controlled, is useful. When not controlled, will burn you to death.

Tonight, we got burned all night.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
but i’m a red sox fan :(
We have Cole and you don’t. Speaking of which, doesn’t UConn also get Cole next year? Hope he makes better decisions then our current starters. Too bad because both Gilbert and Vital are hard workers. The guard IQ is absent too often.

Reaction Score
8 Rebounds, 3 steals, 5 assists, is so impactful, but 7 turnovers and 2 for 5 from the line, as well as bad shots that = turnovers. The negative just has to be reigned in.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't think that's fair at all. Vital played a bad game, but it was bad because he tried to force the ball too much to other guys, not because he was trying to be the hero.

Agree to disagree. Forcing passes is down the list of his issues.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You’re expecting AG and CV to improve? Bless your heart.
No, my poor use of pronoun "they" confused you.

Akok, Bouk, Sid, and especially Hurley, and thus the team will improve.

Gilbert & Vital will be less in this position.

This was Xavier Version 2.
Hurley hasn't got this yet.
If it happens the third time, then I'll move toward "very concerning."

Rebuild.
Year 2.
9 games in.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
It's damn hard to win when you don't allow any points for 7 minutes and can only manage to score 5 points yourself in that same stretch. If we turn that into a 10-0 or 12-0 run like IU did on us in the first half it's IU taking those putrid shots at the end of the game to catch up instead.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He really started getting in trouble when he had to run the team with AG foul trouble, but we didn’t have any other choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom