Miss the Meatball? | The Boneyard

Miss the Meatball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In an effort to get fans anger directed elsewhere than on team, staff, and players, I bring you this little nugget from Mikey Farrell

Is the Yannick Ngakoue de-commit a blip or a start of a trend for the Terps?
- Jmorr81 via Twitter
It is a cause for concern because Ngakoue was clearly one of their top commits and given the fact that he and Derwin Gray committed together you would have guessed the ties to Maryland would have been pretty strong. But until we see evidence that it's going to snowball it's probably not worth losing sleep over.
Maryland was 2-10 last year and still managed to pull in Stefon Diggs and Wes Brown. The Terps did pretty well recruiting in the face of a lot of negative publicity heading into this season. Flipping four-star tight end Andrew Isaacs from Boston College was a sign that the coaches have managed to drum up some momentum where it seemed tough to do that.
The UConn loss at home had to be tough to stomach but the Terps were competitive against West Virginia. It has not been pretty this year, but Maryland is an improved team and will top last season's win total. They may not go from 2-10 to a bowl game, but the coaches will be selling that improvement.
It's key for Maryland to hold onto Derwin Gray, Deon Long and the other top recruits. One de-commitment can be written off as an isolated incident. Any more could cause a lot of recruits to second-guess themselves if the losses pile up.

Reaction Score
I don't see what's so upsetting about that. Aren't all home losses tough to stomach?

Reaction Score
In an effort to get fans anger directed elsewhere than on team, staff, and players, I bring you this little nugget from Mikey Farrell

Is the Yannick Ngakoue de-commit a blip or a start of a trend for the Terps?
- Jmorr81 via Twitter
It is a cause for concern because Ngakoue was clearly one of their top commits and given the fact that he and Derwin Gray committed together you would have guessed the ties to Maryland would have been pretty strong. But until we see evidence that it's going to snowball it's probably not worth losing sleep over.
Maryland was 2-10 last year and still managed to pull in Stefon Diggs and Wes Brown. The Terps did pretty well recruiting in the face of a lot of negative publicity heading into this season. Flipping four-star tight end Andrew Isaacs from Boston College was a sign that the coaches have managed to drum up some momentum where it seemed tough to do that.
The UConn loss at home had to be tough to stomach but the Terps were competitive against West Virginia. It has not been pretty this year, but Maryland is an improved team and will top last season's win total. They may not go from 2-10 to a bowl game, but the coaches will be selling that improvement.
It's key for Maryland to hold onto Derwin Gray, Deon Long and the other top recruits. One de-commitment can be written off as an isolated incident. Any more could cause a lot of recruits to second-guess themselves if the losses pile up.

Huh?

Reaction Score
I think he feels Farrell took a shot at UCONN bc any loss at home to a program such as lowly UCONN is tough to take.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. I'm cancelling my Rivals subscription.

the unbelievable part is that you didn't do it before now.

Jimmy, Mike Farrell is Meatball. Marinatto is Marinara, Fettucini, Stromboli, or any other Italian food besides Meatball, which is already reserved for the aforementioned Mike Farrell

Reaction Score
the unbelievable part is that you didn't do it before now.

Jimmy, Mike Farrell is Meatball. Marinatto is Marinara, Fettucini, Stromboli, or any other Italian food besides Meatball, which is already reserved for the aforementioned Mike Farrell

Thank you. And now I'm hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01