Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
McCowan missed the boat with Baylor when Brown and Mompremier verbally committed. That left no room for McCowan, who is going to be a bit of a project.

HGN

Reaction Score
There had been earlier reports that McGowan had signed with Cincinnati.....But looks like that was in error.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The real question, Is there room at Baylor for Lauren Cox? Not sure if I'm Mulkey I sign both Brown and Mompremier if I'm projecting Lauren Cox also as a center. I haven't seen anyone thinking Cox will be a Power Forward. Not saying Cox won't end up at Baylor, just seems unlikely when looking at Baylor's roster.

McCowan missed the boat with Baylor when Brown and Mompremier verbally committed. That left no room for McCowan, who is going to be a bit of a project.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The real question, Is there room at Baylor for Lauren Cox?
There is room for Cox on any roster. Any coach that cannot make room for her should not be coaching.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I kind of thought with Terry transferring from A& M that McCowan could have stepped right in to that spot. Quiet as it is kept McCowan did beat out Brown and McCoy for a spot on USA basketball last summer. She got the least amount of playing time but still not a bad accomplishment.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not saying Kim wouldn't take Lauren as she obviously would. Will Lauren want to go there with Baylor's roster? If its her dream school, she won't care, but otherwise she will consider Baylor's roster. When Geno misses out on an elite recruit, many say why would she want to come to UConn as they're loaded at that position, just using the same logic with Baylor:)

There is room for Cox on any roster. Any coach that cannot make room for her should not be coaching.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not saying Kim wouldn't take Lauren as she obviously would. Will Lauren want to go there with Baylor's roster? If its her dream school, she won't care, but otherwise she will consider Baylor's roster. When Geno misses out on an elite recruit, many say why would she want to come to UConn as they're loaded at that position, just using the same logic with Baylor:)
I hear what you are saying. IMO if Cox looks at the roster of posts at Baylor and even hesitate for 1 second strickly because of that I would be surprised. 1) She is more PF than Center IMO and the incoming Post are unproven. 2) Baylor's proven post player (Nina Davis) will be a Senior when Lauren arrives.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Talk about bigs on elite teams. In todays WCBB you need a big to get to the FF/Elite 8. Now just because you have a big doesn't guarantee you'll get there. You need to have bigs who can play. The key to the FF is guards. MD ND TN and UConn had good guards. How many times have we heard the press talk about how big a team is and they lose. Why no guards and bigs who cant handle the ball, and make to many turnovers. MDs bigs performed well because they had good guards. Dukes bigs didn't because Duke didn't have guards. Tenn with Harrison injured lacked a big in the middle. UConn had it all and will for the next 3 years.

So where will Cox go? Good question huh. What does she want? UConn wins and is favored to win the next NC. Lets face it UConn has everything to offer but is what UConn has to offer what Cox wants? Will she go somewhere close to home or will she travel. Baylor Texas TAM Tenn MD ND all have bigs. So does UConn however UConn needs another big or 2.

Hey Geno doesn't have to answer to many questions when it comes to Cox. UConn has everything to offer its up the every recruit to decide if they can fit in.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I hear what you are saying. IMO if Cox looks at the roster of posts at Baylor and even hesitate for 1 second strickly because of that I would be surprised. 1) She is more PF than Center IMO and the incoming Post are unproven. 2) Baylor's proven post player (Nina Davis) will be a Senior when Lauren arrives.

If she's there at all. Rebecca Lobo reported that Nina would be eligible to go to the WNBA after next season based on turning 22 in 2016. If she's more of a PF, then why not go to a place with a big-time big person at center? Let's see, what school has such a player? And guards to feed her?;)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If she's there at all. Rebecca Lobo reported that Nina would be eligible to go to the WNBA after next season based on turning 22 in 2016.

I thought you had to be 22 prior to the WNBA draft? Davis won't be 22 until she's halfway through her senior season.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Loyd was eligible to declare early based on WNBA rules stipulating a player doing so must have had or will have her 22nd birthday during the calendar year of the draft.

I thought you had to be 22 prior to the WNBA draft? Davis won't be 22 until she's halfway through her senior season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone thinking Cox will be a Power Forward.
I kind of see her more as a PF (4). But, then I really haven't seen a lot of her. Just from what I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom