Minny vs. L.A. 8 p.m | The Boneyard

Minny vs. L.A. 8 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
#1 and #2 in the West tipping off in MN shortly. Should be a good one.

On WNBA Live Access

Reaction Score
Watching it on NBA TV. Amateurish production values, with sloppy on-screen graphics. Starting line ups had Candice Parker (not Candace), and Nneka Gwumike (they must have run out of Os). Those things bug me, and it isn't like it is that difficult to check it and get it right before it is displayed on the screen.

But, there is nothing else on so what the heck.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Watching it on NBA TV. Amateurish production values, with sloppy on-screen graphics. Starting line ups had Candice Parker (not Candace), and Nneka Gwumike (they must have run out of Os). Those things bug me, and it isn't like it is that difficult to check it and get it right before it is displayed on the screen.

Nneka is a great player, but if she has lost her "O," she can't be nearly as effective.

Reaction Score
Maya makes an acrobatic layin to end the 3rd quarter...she has 19...

Reaction Score
Two Stanford ladies cannot occupy the same place at the same time...ouch!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
CP3 had 6 and 6 in 23 minutes. What's going on since the Olympics?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya filled up the stat sheet like a madwoman tonight.... she was everywhere!! She was really the driving force behind this win tonight.

A quality win. And an outstanding effort by Miss Maya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"She was like Catwoman," Augustus said. "She was here, she was there; she did an awesome job. Seven steals -- that was amazing."

Maya Moore, Superhero. We already knew it.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I love seeing that they have crowds to watch. Is this the first time a women's franchise has had such great attendance?

Reaction Score

It would bug me too. Not very professional. It is not that difficult to get it right.

Reaction Score
Looking at the stat sheet, LA has to
a. Be wondering how they lost
b. Be feeling pretty confident going forward considering they did not get a ton of prodcution out of Parker, Ogwumike, and Tolliver, yet, statistically, played, at worst, even with Minnesota.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I love seeing that they have crowds to watch. Is this the first time a women's franchise has had such great attendance?

The attendance in Seattle [Storm] has been very good for a long time now. San Antonio's attendance has also been quite good for a while, and I think the Sun do pretty well.

My guess is that Minny's average crowd is still short of Seattle's but probably roughly equal with the other two.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Regarding crowd size and fan support, it was reported at the beginning of the season that the Sun, the Lynx, and San Antonio were the only three WNBA franchises that broke even or made money in 2011. That's unfortunate for the rest of the league, but still progress in the history of women's professional basketball.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The attendance in Seattle [Storm] has been very good for a long time now. San Antonio's attendance has also been quite good for a while, and I think the Sun do pretty well.

My guess is that Minny's average crowd is still short of Seattle's but probably roughly equal with the other two.
Nearly 15 years ago when the Mystics gave away 10,000 tickets per game (or something like that), they had good attendance--maybe 15,000 or so. This year, it looks like 2,000-3,000 actual attendance, at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom