Mind-boggling Adama Sanogo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mind-boggling Adama Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can he get an IV at halftime or before the game?

Depends how devout. Generally no unless there's an emergency.

I wouldn't really worry about it too much. We have a team dietician and they've all been fasting most of their life. These guys are as prepared as a person can be.

Never affected HS coaching, but I've coached kids in AAU that fast who played 3 games in a day no problem. 3 of my teammates in college fasted as well. I think it's just something you get used to if you are careful about hydration and calories at night. Really impressive self-discipline though.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The article is a good read, because it shows his dedication in mindset and the respect of the other players to his faith decision.

Loved this picture from the article:
55083790-4BF7-43E4-BD03-802E6711CF67.jpeg

Adama is like a man among boys, really skinny boys.

Reaction Score
His offense has been just tremendous all year, but specifically in the tournament. I wonder if there’s an offensive efficiency stat for the tournament, and how high Adama’s would be.
@auror

Reaction Score
Hurley's so desperate to gain an advantage he's got them fasting so they sweat less and have better/drier hands for catching Andre's line drive passes...so sad /s

Incredibly impressive by Adama, especially when I think back to one of my college roommates who used to wake up, eat a big breakfast, go to morning class then sleep until sunset for Ramadan.

Reaction Score
His offense has been just tremendous all year, but specifically in the tournament. I wonder if there’s an offensive efficiency stat for the tournament, and how high Adama’s would be.
@auror
In the month of March, he's got the 2nd highest eFG% among players with 25% usage in the country. Timme is 3rd (admittedly on seriously impressive massive 37% usage).

Reaction Score
In the month of March, he's got the 2nd highest eFG% among players with 25% usage in the country. Timme is 3rd (admittedly on seriously impressive massive 37% usage).
I love the lower usage though, testament to our versatility and our abundance of options.

Reaction Score
Depends how devout. Generally no unless there's an emergency.

I wouldn't really worry about it too much. We have a team dietician and they've all been fasting most of their life. These guys are as prepared as a person can be.

Never affected HS coaching, but I've coached kids in AAU that fast who played 3 games in a day no problem. 3 of my teammates in college fasted as well. I think it's just something you get used to if you are careful about hydration and calories at night. Really impressive self-discipline though.
The not eating isnt that big deal IMO. ITs the lack of water. That seems dangerous at that level of play.

When I fast, chugging water get me through

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think this could be an issue if we advance tonight? So much of Sanogo's game is predicated on his motor and strength- two traits I'd imagine are most impacted by several days of fasting. As tonight is only night three of the fast, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to affect him vs. Gonzaga. But what about next weekend? We have never seen Sanogo play during Ramadan before.

Cannot remember if a deep March run was an issue with past UConn Muslim players, like Wane and Thabeet. But then again, I don't think those guys relied on their strength and energy as much as Sanogo.

I'm generally not someone who looks for issues that don't exist, but this had me wondering, as he has become such a central part of our success lately.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else think this could be an issue if we advance tonight? So much of Sanogo's game is predicated on his motor and strength- two traits I'd imagine are most impacted by several days of fasting. As tonight is only night three of the fast, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to affect him vs. Gonzaga. But what about next weekend? We have never seen Sanogo play during Ramadan before.

Cannot remember if a deep March run was an issue with past UConn Muslim players, like Wane and Thabeet. But then again, I don't think those guys relied on their strength and energy as much as Sanogo.

I'm generally not someone who looks for issues that don't exist, but this had me wondering, as he has become such a central part of our success lately.
Adama was quoted after the game Thursday that if his mom could fast, so could he.

Fasting is a well from which he draws strength.

Adama will be Adama.

Reaction Score

I dont think this will be an issue. Sanogo has had Clingan to give him breaks this year, he's much more rested than last year. He's also on a mission. He probably hydrates big overnight to compensate. Just a guess.

Reaction Score
Any rhyme or reason on how they decide who plays in the 1st semifinal game? Most of the 1st game will be before sunset, while 2nd game after sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom