Mike Tranghese's back... | The Boneyard

Mike Tranghese's back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sadly, I long for the Tranghese Era. Just shows how we've fallen even farther than we could have imagined since he left.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I long for the Tranghese Era. Just shows how we've fallen even farther than we could have imagined since he left.

it seems like decades ago. In retrospect, I love the Big East.

Reaction Score
Not the worst thing in the world from a New England/Northeast perspective. Just wouldn't want to be one of those guys if a deserving SEC team gets aced out. You'd have to go into the federal witness protection program.

Reaction Score
Yup...

slmandel 2:01pm via TweetDeck
Condoleezza Rice knows football. Great addition, breaks up the old-boys club.

JFowlerCBS 2:05pm via Web
The committee will have plenty of football expertise on it. Needs other qualities, too, such as organizational skills and strategy.

Yeah, it takes someone with 57 post graduate degrees and foreign relations experience to pick the 4 best teams in college football. I can't imagine all of the organization that goes into something like that. A monumental task.

Reaction Score
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-condoleezza-rice-to-be-on-playoff-committee/

"Citing a person with direct knowledge of the process, the Associated Press is reporting that Rice, the daughter of a long-time high school football coach, will be part of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff. As has been the case with all previous reports attaching names to the committee, no one connected to the new playoff system will confirm or deny that Rice will be a part of determining a national champion in college football."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-condoleezza-rice-to-be-on-playoff-committee/

"Citing a person with direct knowledge of the process, the Associated Press is reporting that Rice, the daughter of a long-time high school football coach, will be part of the selection committee for the College Football Playoff. As has been the case with all previous reports attaching names to the committee, no one connected to the new playoff system will confirm or deny that Rice will be a part of determining a national champion in college football."
Yeah, but is she the daughter of a CT high school coach?! They are the smartest men in the room!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Like Condi has time to do this correctly. Why not just stay with the polls if it is going to result in a FIFA style rigged selection process.

Speaking of FIFA news (hijack alert) they announced that the WC seedings will be determined by the October 2013 rankings. Seems fair on the surface, but like the BCS is tilted to help the power conferences (UEFA and COMEBOL) The rankings give a 12% confederation bump to these teams over the USA addition to what one would consider strength of schedule.

In short, without this bonus the US (highest ranked mid major) would be one of the top 8 protected seeds, instead of coming up just short.

This is what we have to look forward to in CFB.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
She probably has more free time than the ADs of the P5. I'm sure Stanford will give her a lot of latitude.

At least the AD's are involved day to day in athletics and in MBB they leave the room. If you tell me the committee is a rotating membership consisting of all eligible conferences, then I'd be OK with that.

Having both overt and covert P5 shills isn't going to help credibility.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This is like putting Mike Golic's wife on some NFL board that studies concussions in football. Which happened.

Reaction Score
Yeah, it takes someone with 57 post graduate degrees and foreign relations experience to pick the 4 best teams in college football. I can't imagine all of the organization that goes into something like that. A monumental task.

I have watched 3 football games with her. She has a home in a Birmingham suburb which is occupied by an elderly aunt. It is next door to friends of ours and believe it or not she is quite knowledgeable about college football. Not sure she belongs on a committee to pick the final 4 but she could hold her own.

Reaction Score
Condi Rice is HUGE football fan. I believe she was once asked if she'd rather be commissioner of the Pac-10 (or maybe it was NFL) or work in the white house, and she kinda indicated she'd prefer the former. I'm no fan of her tenure as Sec of State, but she seems like a decent pick to me.

Reaction Score
Condi Rice is HUGE football fan. I believe she was once asked if she'd rather be commissioner of the Pac-10 (or maybe it was NFL) or work in the white house, and she kinda indicated she'd prefer the former. I'm no fan of her tenure as Sec of State, but she seems like a decent pick to me.

you're right John Forbes Kerry and Hillary Rodham Clinton are way better SOS's . LOL

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have $50 that says Condy Rice knows far more football than Mikey T. I have another $100 that says she could kick his on a football field.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sometimes I thin
it seems like decades ago. In retrospect, I loved the Big East.
Yeah, me too John. You know sometimes I think about how close it was to surviving, if not thriving. The Penn St. invite is the big thing that comes to mind, but the Big 12 almost imploded and we would have picked up Kansas and K-State at least. The ACC really came within a hair's breadth of being where we are now, and of course we would have picked up the leftovers. Sigh.

Oh well for the time being all we can do is dominate the AAC. That starts with USF.

Reaction Score
Ty Willingham??? Head scratcher and another Stanford connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom