Mike Leach Passed Away (Updated Title) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Leach Passed Away (Updated Title)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Coach Leach was a national treasure and for me that didn't really come into realization until the last couple years. RIP coach.

Reaction Score
Watched a snippet about Mike Leach on golf. Said it was boring and only good for people that weren’t efficient at swearing yet.

Reaction Score
I believe he and a guy named Mummey were pioneers of the Air Raid offense.

Reaction Score
Here is another story that I borrowed from FB.

As we mourn the passing of Mississippi State coach Mike Leach, I thought I'd bring you a precious story that illustrates how much the coach loved people- all sorts of people.
Lincoln Riley was hired by Mike Leach as an assistant coach in the early 2000's when Coach Leach was the head coach at Texas Tech.
One day, Riley overheard a phone conversation that Coach Leach was having, and Lincoln Riley tells The Players Tribune it went like this:
"He (Coach Leach) picked it up (the phone) and said, ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ And then he listened for a second and asked, ‘Where ya calling from?’
"He kept talking on the phone and I eventually sort of tuned out. Now, a short phone conversation for Coach Leach is an hour.
"So he was talking about this and that, and I was kind of hunkered down working on my own stuff. At some point, the call got dropped. They must have lost reception. Coach said, 'Can you hear me? Are you there?'
"He hung up his old flip phone, swung it back open and redialed. He said, ‘Hey, sorry I lost you.’ And then they resumed their conversation for another 30 minutes or so before Coach finally hung up.
"After he was done, we started talking and I said, ‘Hey Coach, who was that on the phone?’
"And he said, ‘Oh, they had the wrong number.'”
This story is not only hilarious, it reminds us all what a kind, patient people person Coach Leach was- he spent 90 minutes on the phone with a stranger.
We can all learn from this story.
We can learn to strive to be a bit more like Coach Leach.
That sure would be a good thing for all of us.

Reaction Score
Here is another story that I borrowed from FB.

As we mourn the passing of Mississippi State coach Mike Leach, I thought I'd bring you a precious story that illustrates how much the coach loved people- all sorts of people.
Lincoln Riley was hired by Mike Leach as an assistant coach in the early 2000's when Coach Leach was the head coach at Texas Tech.
One day, Riley overheard a phone conversation that Coach Leach was having, and Lincoln Riley tells The Players Tribune it went like this:
"He (Coach Leach) picked it up (the phone) and said, ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ And then he listened for a second and asked, ‘Where ya calling from?’
"He kept talking on the phone and I eventually sort of tuned out. Now, a short phone conversation for Coach Leach is an hour.
"So he was talking about this and that, and I was kind of hunkered down working on my own stuff. At some point, the call got dropped. They must have lost reception. Coach said, 'Can you hear me? Are you there?'
"He hung up his old flip phone, swung it back open and redialed. He said, ‘Hey, sorry I lost you.’ And then they resumed their conversation for another 30 minutes or so before Coach finally hung up.
"After he was done, we started talking and I said, ‘Hey Coach, who was that on the phone?’
"And he said, ‘Oh, they had the wrong number.'”
This story is not only hilarious, it reminds us all what a kind, patient people person Coach Leach was- he spent 90 minutes on the phone with a stranger.
We can all learn from this story.
We can learn to strive to be a bit more like Coach Leach.
That sure would be a good thing for all of us.
My favorite part of that story was getting to the end and realizing, "Wait, he called the guy (stranger) back.

Reaction Score
I wanted Leach to be our coach so badly before he took the WSU job. I think it was after RE1.

I was listening to the Andy Staples pod tonight and they were doing a tribute to Leach.

They talked about how Maryland interviewed him for the Maryland job once and he showed up wearing flip flops.

So they hired Randy Edsall instead and how did that turn out?

Reaction Score
I was listening to the Andy Staples pod tonight and they were doing a tribute to Leach.

They talked about how Maryland interviewed him for the Maryland job once and he showed up wearing flip flops.

So they hired Randy Edsall instead and how did that turn out?

Heaven forbid on of the greatest football minds of the recent past doesn't show up with the proper footwear.

Well, their punishment was Randy. So.....lesson learned.

Reaction Score
My kind of guy, may he rest in peace.......
The saddest part there is that he wanted the job. Had his agent call Hathaway only to have JH say "thanks but no thanks".
No attack @FfldCntyFan ..... Just sad we still have to mention the name Hathaway with anything UConn.
He was a piece of what the cows produce on the farm and I don't mean anything served at The UConn Dairy Bar. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom