Mike Leach Passed Away (Updated Title) | The Boneyard

Mike Leach Passed Away (Updated Title)

Reaction Score
Was reading a Reddit thread where people are speculating a stroke based on the hospital he was brought to.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

He had a massive heart attack and it took 10-15 minutes for the paramedics to arrive. Unless some portion of that report is wrong, Leach has brain damage and may be brain dead already.

Life is short. Make it count.

Reaction Score
How in this day and age do we still not have routine scan technology to view a heart's arteries?

Reaction Score
How in this day and age do we still not have routine scan technology to view a heart's arteries?
Even if we had such a thing you’d still need people to utilize it. A good portion of people don’t care enough about their health to get checked, and another good portion frankly can’t afford to.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Not sure how credible this guy is, but this is absolutely gutting.
A3FDD771-D3C5-4B36-B564-77802BF62C86.jpeg

Reaction Score
This is horrible news. Never paid much attention to Mike Leach but recently saw some hilarious interviews he did and instantly fell in love with the guy.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine the constant stress SEC head coaches are under, for what, 9 or 10 months out of the year. This probably goes for most head coaches for that matter, but the SEC is insane... Stress can do a number on your health.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
While reading the news releases, the first item that jumped out at me was no medical treatment for 10 to 15 minutes. That told me he was going to die if not already dead.

My wife and I are trained to teach Check - Call - Compress to adults. Check - Call - Compress is used to deal with Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) - the sudden stopping of a regular heart beat. There is a 10 minute window from the time the heart stops to begin chest compressions to keep oxygenated blood flowing to the vital organs. For each minute that compressions are delayed, the rate of survival decreases by 10%. Check - Call - Compress also teaches how to use an AED (Automated Electronic Defibrillator) to jump start the heart.

We are both members of our Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). We are sponsored by Polk County, FL Fire Rescue. We completed the basic training and have done several advanced training courses. It is worth it to know basic first aid and Check - Call - Compress.

As a team, we have trained about 3,400 residents of our community in Check - Call - Compress.

Reaction Score
The guy was a great personality in a sport that is really lacking in that department these days.

I really admired him because he found solutions to problems that nobody else would consider.

He had that natural curiosity and had interests outside of football. I think having that well rounded knowledge base gave him a different perspective.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He touched so many through the years from players, to coaches to people in the communities. My prayers are with his family and friends.

Rest in Peace coach

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom