Mike Francesa gives Calhoun high praise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Francesa gives Calhoun high praise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I="aceboon, post: 896862, member: 406"]Francesa was all over Sellers after the Laettener incident and JC went after Francesa for it, but as Waquoit said they've been tight for awhile.[/quote]

I don't know what problem he had with that incident. I loved what Sellers did to Laettner!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I can't listen to Francesa anymore. Too much ego. Too condescending to his audience.
But back in the day, he was great in March. I don't think Imus ever bought him that car.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
David 76 said:
I can't listen to Francesa anymore. Too much ego. Too condescending to his audience. But back in the day, he was great in March. I don't think Imus ever bought him that car.

Even after he became kind of clueless I enjoyed listening to he and the dog on the opening two days of the tournament in the 90s . This was before CBS had all games running and would just keep switching to the hot game on one channel. It was a good way to keep up with all regions. If a game was close down the stretch Dog would do play by play over the radio by watching the TV in the studio. It was absolutely hilarious.

Reaction Score
I can't listen to Francesa anymore. Too much ego. Too condescending to his audience.
But back in the day, he was great in March. I don't think Imus ever bought him that car.
Francesca made his bones when he predicted that Seton Hall would make it to the FF before the tournament and Seton Hall almost won it that year in the championship game.
His job has to be tiring as he talks with one idiot caller after another. His ego is now bigger than his belly.

Reaction Score
I heard him signing off this evening saying "……more talk about the tourney tomorrow including Kevin Ollie of UConn and more……."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I could care less what this fat obnoxious jerk says
He thinks he is "the expert" in anything sports.
He knows nothing about college bball, is the worst at predicting NBA, NFL and NCAA Fball and while he does know MLB he can't take the Yankee hat off
Glad he respects JC but if he didn't - who cares
Why is he doing the JC kiss ? because he needs the Ffld County listeners

Reaction Score
I could care less what this fat obnoxious jerk says
He thinks he is "the expert" in anything sports.
He knows nothing about college bball, is the worst at predicting NBA, NFL and NCAA Fball and while he does know MLB he can't take the Yankee hat off
Glad he respects JC but if he didn't - who cares
Why is he doing the JC kiss ? because he needs the Ffld County listeners

That's not necessarily true because half of Fairfield County doesn't even know where UConn is………you can hate the man but hate for the right reason. He's liked JC and the job he's done for a real one time and has respected the program……..he was off with some things he said early in the regular season and obviously didn't know a lot about our team but did you read half the crap from all over the country from the media during the year?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lute Olson at Arizona is the only coach in the modern era that can come close to what Calhoun did at UConn. Even Coach K didn't do anything that difficult.

Reaction Score
Hoiberg was on with him today. He loves Ollie, said they played together for a year. Said he knows about Husky Nation from when he did TV, and worked some UConn games.

Fransesca said it will basically be a home game for us.

I know that our fans are buying up a lot of tickets, but there are only so many tickets on the secondary market. I think that we will by far have the most fans, but instead of 25%, will we have 40?

Not exactly a home game.

Sunday is a different story.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That's not necessarily true because half of Fairfield County doesn't even know where UConn is………you can hate the man but hate for the right reason. He's liked JC and the job he's done for a real one time and has respected the program……..he was off with some things he said early in the regular season and obviously didn't know a lot about our team but did you read half the crap from all over the country from the media during the year?

Like I said, I'm glad he said nice things about JC
I don't know what he has said about UConn- I haven't listened to him in 2 years
I despise him because he is an obnoxious egocentric blowhard
This isn't a UConn issue with the dolt

Reaction Score
Francesa isn't even the star of his own show anymore, it's the stereotypical New Yorker oaf callers who either

A) kiss his fat ass
B) start screaming at him for something the second they get on the line (prompting Mike to say "wait a minute, wait a minute, waaaait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute....I never said that. I never said that.")
C) make fun of him. And he takes everything so seriously that his reaction is always way funnier than the stupid line that the caller says to insult him.

The only thing Mike does that's enjoyable is every once in a while he goes off on an absolute rant during his opening monologue on either the Jets or Mets.

Steve Somers is the only person on that station worth listening to anymore.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Today he said that he hasn't heard anything new since saying he had a source telling him the BC talk was legit. Said that JC has not denied anything and hopes to chat with him next week.

Reaction Score
He doesn't watch any college basketball until the tourney, and then he talks like he knows what he's talking about.

He loves saying that the tournament swallowed the regular season, and no one watches, meaning himself.

So he's like the majority of major market sports radio hosts.

Reaction Score
Fatso called Sellers a 'thug" after the Laettner game and JC did not appear on his prog for the next 3 yrs.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It's funny. I really think Chris was about the dumbest person on the air. He has a voice that no one would think to put on the radio. And when he left, the show went down hill. At least Chris was not full of himself and seemed fun. I loved the fact that he seemed to annually out-pick Mike on their NFL picks. Must have burned Mike's butt!

Reaction Score
Francesa isn't even the star of his own show anymore, it's the stereotypical New Yorker oaf callers who either

A) kiss his fat ass
B) start screaming at him for something the second they get on the line (prompting Mike to say "wait a minute, wait a minute, waaaait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute....I never said that. I never said that.")
C) make fun of him. And he takes everything so seriously that his reaction is always way funnier than the stupid line that the caller says to insult him.

The only thing Mike does that's enjoyable is every once in a while he goes off on an absolute rant during his opening monologue on either the Jets or Mets.

Steve Somers is the only person on that station worth listening to anymore.

Wow Steve Somers? Yikes he knows so little it's amazing he's on the air. Back in the days when he had the late hours it was kind of funny as the same ole weirdo's called in………..

Mike is Mike…….aloof as hell, moody as crap and self loathing as anyone………but most of time, he knows his stuff. It's about entertainment so I'm good with Mike, good with Boomer and Carton and even Evan and Joe………Evan may be the best and the most sane!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Wow Steve Somers? Yikes he knows so little it's amazing he's on the air. Back in the days when he had the late hours it was kind of funny as the same ole weirdo's called in………..

Mike is Mike…….aloof as hell, moody as crap and self loathing as anyone………but most of time, he knows his stuff. It's about entertainment so I'm good with Mike, good with Boomer and Carton and even Evan and Joe………Evan may be the best and the most sane!
I like Evan but man, those guys talk too loud. Tough listen sometimes.

Reaction Score
I like Evan but man, those guys talk too loud. Tough listen sometimes.

Thus the "settings" controls Dove…….you should have the option of lowering their voices right at your hands! LOL

Reaction Score
Lute Olson at Arizona is the only coach in the modern era that can come close to what Calhoun did at UConn. Even Coach K didn't do anything that difficult.

Yeah the Coach Krizooski love really irritates me. I don't really think he's anything special on the sidelines. He uses his built-in advantages to get highly-rated players, bullies the refs, plays no real road games outside of the ACC (which has basically been Duke/UNC with a sprinkling of a Maryland or whoever on occasion), consistently gets higher seeds and better draws than he deserves.... Given equal talent (hell even slightly less talent), Calhoun coaches circles around him.

Reaction Score

I just like him. Weird old dude with a funny voice, great opening monologues, callers love him, etc.

I don't listen to sports radio for crazy insight into the sports world. There's a million other places for that.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jerry Seinfeld was a fan of Steve's.

It is entertainment. But to me, Mike's no longer entertaining Just a matter of taste.I like Boomer. Carton is supposed to be the entertainment.

Reaction Score
Jerry Seinfeld was a fan of Steve's.

It is entertainment. But to me, Mike's no longer entertaining Just a matter of taste.I like Boomer. Carton is supposed to be the entertainment.

When Chris left, shortly thereafter I stopped listening. Not that I was a huge Chris fan (or Mike fan) but the show lost the balance that they provided and it got boring and annoying having 100% Mike. Kind of like a ham and cheese sandwich with either the ham or cheese gone. It's "just ok", not really worth eating.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah, the not too bright guy with a voice made for silent movies left and the show went downhill. Who'd a thunk?

Reaction Score
I just like him. Weird old dude with a funny voice, great opening monologues, callers love him, etc.

I don't listen to sports radio for crazy insight into the sports world. There's a million other places for that.

The schmoozer is the best. His opens are classic and he's a fun listen. I'm not looking for any huge insights from these guys they're entertainment. I listen to Steve on the way upstate every Friday. I hang onto him as long as I can, even my wife laughs at him with the "what is it already", etc.

I just can't handle Joe in the midday. He has got to stop with the "bro".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom