Mikayla Coombs to Transfer | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Mikayla Coombs to Transfer

Reaction Score
The most impressive thing about Coombs is that she has a 12 pages thread (and counting) with 30K views for a player that barely made any difference in the 2 years she was here. I liked to watch her play defense though.

Reaction Score
The most impressive thing about Coombs is that she has a 12 pages thread (and counting) with 30K views for a player that barely made any difference in the 2 years she was here. I liked to watch her play defense though.

I think most people, including myself, was thinking that this upcoming season was going to be her time to get 10-15 minutes per game. Maybe more if her shot improved. Hard to see someone overcome a health issue and go through 2 years of UConn practices and then move on to somewhere else.

Reaction Score

...and this will not be the end either. Just wait until she lands at her next school and after sitting out the year and starts playing...oh yeah, wait 'till then. Can you say déjà vu all over again?

Reaction Score

;) it's off season at the Boneyard...there will be more to come.

Reaction Score
;) it's off season at the Boneyard...there will be more to come.
If you mean by those words that there are more Transfers that's just going to happen this year. Those that are here (coombs excluded) shall remain here. Coombs had a future at UConn. She had the best friend she could have in her corner------GENO, he liked something about her it showed by when and how often she got into games. She was NOT the last off the bench. Bad Move Coombs, bad move.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you mean by those words that there are more Transfers that's just going to happen this year. Those that are here (coombs excluded) shall remain here. Coombs had a future at UConn. She had the best friend she could have in her corner------GENO, he liked something about her it showed by when and how often she got into games. She was NOT the last off the bench. Bad Move Coombs, bad move.
Geno is in the corner of all the players not just Mikayla. Mikayla was a high school AA who did not want to spend the last two years of her college career being a spectator. This was a very likely outcome because in just the last couple of weeks UCONN has recruited not 1, not 2, but 3 (might be 4) players at her position.
The writing was on the wall which makes this a great move for her. Players want to play! Best of luck to her.

Reaction Score
Geno is in the corner of all the players not just Mikayla. Mikayla was a high school AA who did not want to spend the last two years of her college career being a spectator. This was a very likely outcome because in just the last couple of weeks UCONN has recruited not 1, not 2, but 3 (might be 4) players at her position.
The writing was on the wall which makes this a great move for her. Players want to play! Best of luck to her.
@CocoHusky. You are usually RIGHT so I won't argue the Geno is in the corner of ALL his players. My point was, Geno saw something in Mikayla and he pushed her to get it out. I too see/saw Miyayla's up side and it is disappointing to see her leave.
As in Englin(sp) who went to BC or Courtney who went home to AZ the hand writing was on the wall. MAYBE, that could be true of Mikayla--but less so. Here is why I thats so: She has had ONE plus years of learning the UConn system. A tough system to learn. Even top players (Walker comes to mind) don't get much PT that first year.\Should she stay,my guess is she'd get more than minimal PT. ON my best scenario s she may be starting, at least early on.
TRUE all those that you mention MAY beat her out for her position--but I think that could be further down the next season. I'd like Mikayla's chances if she stayed.
However your assumptions for Coombs were those of a loving parent and I appreciate that, thanks. We both like Mikayla..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom