Migraines | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Migraines

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Not at all the same time, that would be a mess, but I work out 3-4 day per week once school starts (heavier gym workouts 2x, home workouts 2x and yoga 1x) once school starts, eat a mostly vegetarian diet and sleep better during the school year compared to the summer.

Never, except for the occasionally Propel/Gatorade mixer things, which I drink more often in the summer and almost never during the school year.
gym workouts? home workouts? you're kidding, right?

replace three or four of those 'workouts' with a good walk instead. or a simple bicycle ride. they are artificial and non-sustainable tools for health and longevity. they mess, bigtime, with your metabolic demands.
except situps -they're the antidote to the number one ailment on earth, backpain. we used to walk on all fours. a few eons of time ain't enuf to erase all that muscle and bone memory from previous.
ok, yoga is fine. ur better off replacing some of those workouts with the yoga thing, tho even yoga fails in comparison to a simple stroll. even better if the yoga is done out-of-doors. fresh air an all that. a little rain won't kill you, but trying to lift ur weight will. we weren't evolutionarily designed to do that on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
I had them on average 3 to 4 times a week with varying intensity until I started Botox. Botox definitely works but most insurance companies will only allow it quarterly and it does fade in the last month of the quarter.

Reaction Score
I have them once or twice a month - used to be more often. Nausea, vomiting and excruciating headache. 3 ibuprofen and sleep in a very dark very cold room.

Get them less - think part was hormonal, never had them till menopause. But dropping barometric pressure and lack of sleep seem to be my triggers now.

Reaction Score
I get about a half dozen a year and have since my senior year in high school. I remember the first once I ever got began with the aura. It looked like sparklers in the corners of my eyes. I usually take Rizatriptan. If I don't have it with me, then I will drinka pepsi. I try to avoid drinking pepsi in general because on of he causes wouldl be caffeine withdrawal for me.
The main cause or trigger for me is dehydration. I try to stay hydrated and that usually keeps them away but every once in a while I slip and sometimes end up with a migraine as the result.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I get them and think it could be a lack of sleep for me, or not eating enough in the morning.

Usually just those annoying auras for 30 minutes or so with some disorientation and sometimes a minor headache afterward.

The worst is wen you sense it coming but it hasn't come yet, ugh. Super annoying.

Tips? Try to get a good night's sleep and make sure you eat in the morning. A doctor from Switzerland once told me to eat (more) bananas.

It’s hard to say what the trigger is, but I can generally tell one is coming for about a day or two.

Excedrin is really the best over the counter remedy.

Reaction Score
I've never had a migraine but I've definitely used it as an excuse to cancel plans.

I prefer IBS. I've been cultivating the impression I have it for nearly a decade now. It's my greatest victory in life. No one is ever going to follow up when I call sick out of work and allude to annihilating my toilet for hours. I can call out whenever I want.

Reaction Score
Is there anything on this site that you don’t have an opinion on? And why do you feel the need to share all those opinions with us? Generally very curious.
You should be grateful for the fact that @ClifSpliffy shares his knowledge with the Boneyard, as well as his humor. There are far worse posters on here. Some, in my opinion, don't seem to know their a** from a hole in the ground. But that would be a different conversation. This is in no way an attack on you because I appreciate all of your input here.

Reaction Score
I prefer IBS. I've been cultivating the impression I have it for nearly a decade now. It's my greatest victory in life. No one is ever going to follow up when I call sick out of work and allude to annihilating my toilet for hours. I can call out whenever I want.
100% my go to as well. People have a ton of empathy for it and it's much easier to fake and then feel better quickly than any other common bug.

I don't like missing school in general, but each year I try to book one "mental health" day off.

Reaction Score
@temery Consider asking your local eye doctor for a prescription for Timolol for acute migraines/ocular migraines. Studies have shown it to help significantly with reducing migraine severity within half an hour of use. It’s a very common first line drop for glaucoma actually, and a different modality than most other migraine medications, as it is a topical beta blocker.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'Did she suffer from Broken Heart Syndrome?

Dr Deb Cohen-Jones told the Daily Mail that the syndrome is about not just about losing the will to live. It has real effects on one's health: "Physiologically, losing the Duke of Edinburgh would have caused severe stress, which would have caused her cortisol levels to rise."
in an article discussing possible causes for the queens death, this was offered as a potential reason. i've known a handfull of seemingly healthy elderly women that passed soon after (6 months to a year) they're husbands did, often with noticeable weightloss first. their emotions ate them up.

cortisol is a bear, cuz,
stress is a killer.

Reaction Score
I’m trying to determine what the cause of my headaches are. Most of the time it’s one side of the head, right above my eye. I thought it was sinus pressure related for the longest time, but I believe they are migraines. I believe mine might be related to stress or drop in barometric pressure (or both).

In fact, I had one so bad yesterday I came home from work and laid down the entire night and was in bed by 8:30 - couldn’t stand the thought of looking at light, a screen or anything. Just wanted my eyes closed. Took to extra strength Tylenol and even that didn’t seem to work.

They are debilitating. When I get them I can’t even focus - and They make me feel nauseous as well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I’m trying to determine what the cause of my headaches are. Most of the time it’s one side of the head, right above my eye. I thought it was sinus pressure related for the longest time, but I believe they are migraines. I believe mine might be related to stress or drop in barometric pressure (or both).

In fact, I had one so bad yesterday I came home from work and laid down the entire night and was in bed by 8:30 - couldn’t stand the thought of looking at light, a screen or anything. Just wanted my eyes closed. Took to extra strength Tylenol and even that didn’t seem to work.

They are debilitating. When I get them I can’t even focus - and They make me feel nauseous as well.

'Sounds like a brain cloud.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom