Midnight tip off? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Midnight tip off?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Daughter started HS this year, so I’ve been getting up at 6:00 and sleeping by 10:30-11:00. Last night was too late for me as it is. So I’ll DVR, get up early Saturday and watch it. Sucks that they did this to two teams on eastern time.

Side note: so do any of you still think Big12 teams want to join the Pac? Nobody east of mountain time wants anything to do with playing frequent west coast games. It’s awful for fans.

Reaction Score
I feel like if we were put on every single channel in the world at 7pm half this board would complain and need to make 3 threads about it.

Be happy we’re playing the #4 team in the country with a chance to face the defending national champions!

Reaction Score
Is it really that big an issue to Stay up until 2 am on a Friday night on a holiday weekend? I mean I’m no spring chicken ( I’m 50) and I haven’t gone to bed before 330 -4 am on weekend night in 30 years. You won’t die, trust me on this, and your Saturday will be just fine.

Full agreement, I'm thankful its Friday night and not a weekday night. I have a newborn baby, so I will have to find a nap between the hours of 5-10 pm but that's something that I can prioritize to watch my Huskies take on Michigan St

Reaction Score
Is it really that big an issue to Stay up until 2 am on a Friday night on a holiday weekend? I mean I’m no spring chicken ( I’m 50) and I haven’t gone to bed before 330 -4 am on weekend night in 30 years. You won’t die, trust me on this, and your Saturday will be just fine.

The leading cause of death for 50 yo males in the US is midnight basketball.

Reaction Score
Any idea what time our game is tomorrow win or lose? Can’t seem to find any listings for PK80 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU for tomorrow.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Just another reason it's great to live out west. Go out, have a nice dinner and a couple of drinks and come home and watch the game at 9. 7pm tip offs during the week are even better. It's only 4pm out here so I leave work early to watch.

Reaction Score
Michigan State needed some extra rest.

It was OK to have MSU with a shorter turnaround when they were slated to play the darling on the second day. But none of these people want to see UConn go through to the championship game.

Reaction Score
I feel like if we were put on every single channel in the world at 7pm half this board would complain and need to make 3 threads about it.

Be happy we’re playing the #4 team in the country with a chance to face the defending national champions!

Have been critical of the base over the years. However, in this case they have a point. Last night they were saying 9:30. They changed their minds because they were expecting Oregon/MSU. UConn doesn’t rate prime time at our taxpayer funded network.

Reaction Score
Any idea what time our game is tomorrow win or lose? Can’t seem to find any listings for PK80 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU for tomorrow.
Pretty sure the next game would be on Sunday.

Edit: yep, Sunday.

If we lose: 3 or 3:30
If we win: 8:30

Reaction Score
Have been critical of the base over the years. However, in this case they have a point. Last night they were saying 9:30. They changed their minds because they were expecting Oregon/MSU. UConn doesn’t rate prime time at our taxpayer funded network.
It was always going to be either 930 or 12. If it was 930 people would complain. Honestly, its absurd people are whining about this. We are playing in a tournament on the west coast and got slotted in the later side of the bracket. Get over it.

Reaction Score
It was always going to be either 930 or 12. If it was 930 people would complain. Honestly, its absurd people are whining about this. We are playing in a tournament on the west coast and got slotted in the later side of the bracket. Get over it.

During the game they were saying 9:30. I’m one of those people who sleep four hours per night, so it won’t impact me. The truth is ESPN is looking for the best ratings. You don’t win an argument by saying get over it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'm battling some kind of respiratory issue that is almost, but not quite taking hold. Making me sleepy early, tho. May be tough to stay up late tonight but hoping...
Man up, Dove

Man Up!

Reaction Score
During the game they were saying 9:30. I’m one of those people who sleep four hours per night, so it won’t impact me. The truth is ESPN is looking for the best ratings. You don’t win an argument by saying get over it.
Oh a TV network is looking for the best ratings? I am shocked!

Before the tournament started this game was always going to be either 930 or 12, look it up, there is an entire thread dedicated to it. I could care less what the announcers said during the game.

Reaction Score

So an Oregon vs. Depaul game is better for the ratings than the UConn vs. Michigan St. game? Sure bud!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
ESPN talking heads if Gonzaga wins this thing: hooray for the Zags sticking it to the power conference teams!
If UConn wins: *^#^*#**?|{€

Reaction Score

Before the tournament started this game was always going to be either 930 or 12, look it up, there is an entire thread dedicated to it. I could care less what the announcers said during the game.

Another whiny attempt at winning the argument. In the end it is just the Connecticut taxpayer funded network disrespecting us

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For “The greatest early season tournament ever” this thing sucks. Every other tournament is set up at times for people to actually watch. This one is set up so people in Portland can go. Pretty annoying

Reaction Score

It makes no sense to me to put two Eastern Time Zone teams in a midnight game. By putting the home team on first, the crowd will be gone by the time the next game starts. If they had the UConn game first, then Oregon fans will be arriving to see at least one half of that game prior to their start. Now, they will be leaving, especially if they lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom