Michelle Smith & Mechelle Voepel Mock Draft | The Boneyard

Michelle Smith & Mechelle Voepel Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Can't really argue with any of it. You can debate what needs each team has but even if we as fans get it exactly right, we have no idea what trades are planned...

Reaction Score
The Logic to Minnesota pick seems odd on the surface. I'd have thought Stokes fit perfectly there.

Phoenix would be very fortunate to get Orrange. She's really the missing piece if you assume DT and Penny return next year from their vacation.

Reaction Score
I got Kiah going in the 2nd round, Tulsa.
I still can't remember who was the other top forward UCONN was recruiting besides Stokes and Williams????
Anyone remember?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Logic to Minnesota pick seems odd on the surface. I'd have thought Stokes fit perfectly there.

Phoenix would be very fortunate to get Orrange. She's really the missing piece if you assume DT and Penny return next year from their vacation.
Sam Logic could be the new Lindsay Whalen.

I agree about Kiah being a good fit for Minnesota. Griner abuses McCarville. The Lynx need a stopper, not a scorer.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I wish I could find tape of Stokes playing against Griner and Williams...more importantly Griner. From what I recall, Kiah comported herself quite nicely against Brittney on D.

Reaction Score
I think 1st pick should be Loyd. Though I haven't seen the Minny kid. What I don't like is if Seattle were to take AZ with 1st pick then take KML for 3rd pick. You'd have an extremely slow team from what I hear of AZ.

Regarding Loyd, if she is 2nd pick- Tulsa has a strange setup at the 1,2 3 spots. Maybe trade on of them in some type of package for Ogwumike? Parker and Ogwumike don't seem to jell well. Though with Agler as the coach, I'm probably all wet. Anyhow Loyd goes to Tulsa if AZ taken.

I think this year how teams draft AZ vs Loyd and where KML will go to and where Stokes will go to - it's all fascinating to me. Do you go big with AZ? General rule go with size? I wouldn't. My personal view - I think sometimes size gets overrated a lot.

I think the usage factor stuff is blown way out of proportion.

I'm fascinated to who KML will hook up with and how the greatest shooter in UCONN history will perform.

And I'm fascinated to see where KS will get picked, - and if the greatest defender in UCONN History can prove her critics -- of those he Doris Burke's who claim on Nat'l TV and another article I read the myth that "no one is guarding her." She is though 6'3 not 6'5 though a marvelous athlete with long arms but not real "big." On offense can she finish in the lane when a penetrator dumps her the ball and she'll meet some resistance from other bigs with size - when they try to help and recover?

Bottomline is we have two players from UCONN that were part of a team that has been unbelievably dominant in which certain aspects of the game -- the WNBA suppsoeldy doesn't value as much these parts of the game -- yet these particular two were unreal in their specific strengths. In a strange way- its's like--> "can UCONN impose it's will upon the WNBA" which would cause the evaluators to "throw out the stat book" when evaluating UCONN players?

The draft is one thing- then play on the court is the other. Fascinating!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wish I could find tape of Stokes playing against Griner and Williams...more importantly Griner. From what I recall, Kiah comported herself quite nicely against Brittney on D.

And more importantly, Kiah is a UConn product. Knows how to prepare and how to play the game. Most good scouts and coaches understand what they are getting when they draft a UConn player.

Reaction Score
Sam Logic could be the new Lindsay Whalen.

I agree about Kiah being a good fit for Minnesota. Griner abuses McCarville. The Lynx need a stopper, not a scorer.
Griner (6' 8") vs McCarville (6' 0"). Any wonder why?

But I'm hoping Chi-Town picks Kiah in the fifth round (steal of the draft).

Reaction Score
I love it! Great job and Congrats KM!. Great job Seattle!

Can't wait to see the Loyd / KML dynamic!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
But Whalen isn't really near retiring. Couldn't that pick be better suited on a position of need?
They went in a different direction, but Lindsay has about 3-5 years to play. She's 33 or so now.

Reaction Score
Sara Hammond?
I think back to Sara Hammond's final decision, would it be UConn or Louisville ? Supposely, she chose Louisville in order for her parents to watch her play. Can't really fault the parent's. It seems that she had the physique & height to potentially to become a great player. Had she come, I feel that she would have become a much better player & carry several National Championship rings.

Reaction Score
I think back to Sara Hammond's final decision, would it be UConn or Louisville ? Supposely, she chose Louisville in order for her parents to watch her play. Can't really fault the parent's. It seems that she had the physique & height to potentially to become a great player. Had she come, I feel that she would have become a much better player & carry several National Championship rings.

On paper, yes, but then she might not be as happy as she was in Louisville. Uconn is not for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom