Miami Post Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Miami Post Game Thread

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Other than the phantom moving screen call on Alex I agree. But would still rather not take the chance.
We won’t have to worry about it…

Reaction Score
I am patting myself so let the negative responses fly. First. What a year. Can’t believe we are here again.
It was Adamas game before the Hawkins issue
Karaban would break Miami’s back/hope
Hawk had to give 10pts but we really didn’t need him if-
Joey and alleyne just filled the gap. which happened.
Someone will prob flirt with a triple double( I feel this has been waaaay overlooked as every game someone has a 11-7-9 line) Tristan had that.

Definitely did NOT see

Aj with an empty line…. but his d was legendary.
The line.
I thought Andre had a horrible game tonight early fouls, and bad turnovers. I love him but he has mental lapses at times like fouling a 3 point shooter with 3 minutes left in the game and a 16 point lead. He has had great games but tonight he hurt UConn.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I thought Andre had a horrible game tonight early fouls, and bad turnovers. I love him but he has mental lapses at times like fouling a 3 point shooter with 3 minutes left in the game and a 16 point lead. He has had great games but tonight he hurt UConn.
I wouldn’t say he hurt UConn. He was still a plus, but he could’ve been a bigger plus. He lost focus which led to self inflicted mistakes.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
UConn was about to blow out Miami midway through the first half. His expertly timed moving pick call on Karaban (on an out of bounds play for heaven's sake) started a big Miami run. UConn was about to go up by 14. It was expertly done by Andersen.
And then he called nothing for the rest of the game. That one call did not affect the outcome.

Reaction Score
Play of the Game for me: Adama in the corner, pump fake on the 3, defender bit, baseline drive through 2 more Hurricanes, slices in for a layup. Smooth and shocking.
2 huge underrated plays.

1) They cut lead from 20->12. We got 2 orebs and used most of the clock and Jackson had ball in the paint with shot clock at like 4. He could have shot or panicked but he coolly found Sanogo for a layup. After this play they made 3 more straight shots and the lead would have been 6, but instead it was 8.

And then, up 8:
2) Karaban missed a 3 and Clingan just went up and was too tall and got the oreb and layup. Lead back to 10. Hawkins hit a 3 next trip and it was 13 again and we were back in control. They get that rebound and score in semi-transition and get lead to 6, it could've been a game.

Reaction Score
Way too harsh. 6 pts on 3/4 2 rebs 4 asts 2 stls makes up for 3 fls and 2 TOs. His worst game of the tourney but He was not hurting the team

Reaction Score
And what a difference that makes with the aggressiveness that you are afforded to play with on defense. That was on display most of the game, especially in the second half. Players were able to body up and swarm more knowing that no free throws would be given to Miami on a ticky tack foul.
Yup SDSU is going to try create contact on their drives, where they initiate all the contact, to draw fouls. They will be just like Providence. Hopefully the officials don’t bail them out with BS calls

Reaction Score
He had an off game and yet he still finished with 6 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 2 turnovers and was +9, and was crucial in getting us a ton of easy baskets in transition. Off game sure, but he absolutely did not hurt UConn tonight

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
6th team to win all 5 games to title game by double figures. 4/5 won title.

2000 Mich St.
2001 Duke
2009 UNC
2016 UNC (lost on buzzer beater)
2018 Nova
What the record for total margin of victory in a single tournament?

Reaction Score
Has there been a more dominant tournament run?
I don’t know about more, but the UConn 2004 team and the Villanova 2018 team’s run were dominant. Both of those teams were dynamite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom