Mercury beat Lynx to pull within 1 game of 1st in West | The Boneyard

Mercury beat Lynx to pull within 1 game of 1st in West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maya and Aija had good games but not good enough.

DeWanna Bonner's consecutive free throw streak ends at 59.

Griner's 5 blocks make her all-time blocks leader for Mercury just midway through her 3rd season, passing previous all-time Mercury blocks leader............... Diana Taurasi (but of course)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner's block of Whalen's layup attempt and subsequent layup on the other end of the court was the sequence of the game. I wish she would play with that sort of physical dominance more often as it is beautiful to watch. There was also an incredible play where Syl was going for a shot right at the rim and BG blocked that shot. It was pretty spectacular.

Jones played some good defense on Griner, moving her off the block. But I still get so frustrated that the Mercury players are hesitant to feed the ball to Griner, but I have to remember that it is almost an entirely new group of guards (Mitchell, Currie, Xargay, Harden, Quinn) since last season so they are still adjusting to playing with a player like BG.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
ETT is right about the key sequence. Minny was within 2, Lindsay got a loose ball, and drove the floor, looking to tie the game. But by the time she got to the basket, a full-speed Britney just got her hand on the ball for a nice block. A few seconds later, Brit made a nice hoop for a 4-point lead. Minny lost the momentum.

Minnesota appears to really miss Seimone. Their offense struggles without her. Maya gets hot for a while, but can go 10-15 minutes without even a single shot.

The teams playing the best now may be NY and LA.

Reaction Score
Griner's block of Whalen's layup attempt and subsequent layup on the other end of the court was the sequence of the game. I wish she would play with that sort of physical dominance more often as it is beautiful to watch. There was also an incredible play where Syl was going for a shot right at the rim and BG blocked that shot. It was pretty spectacular.

Jones played some good defense on Griner, moving her off the block. But I still get so frustrated that the Mercury players are hesitant to feed the ball to Griner, but I have to remember that it is almost an entirely new group of guards (Mitchell, Currie, Xargay, Harden, Quinn) since last season so they are still adjusting to playing with a player like BG.
BG had some awesome rebounds too - physically dominant like you say, and very aggressive. But it seemed like this was only when they really needed it (I guess that IS the best time, but I wish it was more of the time). I was thinking they should get her the ball down low on offense more too, but it doesn't look like she's working that hard to get open. When she does aggressively go to the hoop there's really not a matchup in the whole league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom