OT: - Memorial Day Music Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Memorial Day Music Thread

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I added the lyrics and ran out of time before I could fix the typos. It corrected version follows:

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the lake, from the hills; from the sky.
All is well, safely rest, God is nigh.

Fading light, dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky gleaming bright.
From a far, drawing nigh, falls the night.

Thanks and praise, for our days
'Neath the sun, 'neath the stars, 'neath the sky.
Thanks and praise, for our days,
God is nigh.

It really is a beautiful song and knowing the lyrics makes it more meaningful when you hear it played at a funeral service. The military version is slightly different than the above.

Reaction Score
The Caisson Song “(Over hill, over dale, we have hit the dusty trail, as those caissons go rolling along”).

Some might recognize the melody from “The Army Goes Rolling Along”. That is BS. The Army co-opted the melody, and rewrote the lyrics, from my beloved Field Artillery.
It will always be the true anthem of we Redlegs.

Reaction Score
The Caisson Song “(Over hill, over dale, we have hit the dusty trail, as those caissons go rolling along”).

Some might recognize the melody from “The Army Goes Rolling Along”. That is BS. The Army co-opted the melody, and rewrote the lyrics, from my beloved Field Artillery.
It will always be the true anthem of we Redlegs.
THIS?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
George himself served in the U.S. Marine Corps in the '50s, making his song about the Vietnam Veterans Memorial even more meaningful. Whether you've visited the memorial, you'll be able to perfectly picture the engravings while listening to this track.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Does this bring back so many memories. My father fought in WWII, and in the fifties we used to watch this show together. A wonderful score by Richard Rodgers, includes No Other Love ( at the 3:00 mark), a big hit for Perry Como.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom