Meghan Gardler is moving on.... | The Boneyard

Meghan Gardler is moving on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't she have a good season playing overseas? I wonder why she would she cut her career short unless there is an injury involved?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Didn't she have a good season playing overseas? I wonder why she would she cut her career short unless there is an injury involved?
She's had numerous injuries... Most recently knee trouble. Assume she just decided it was time.

Reaction Score
After numerous injuries, perhaps she met another person & is serious about marriage & starting a family. She is a attractive girl. There is 'life' after basketball !

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Some good responses already - but also ... exile in Europe can be fun for awhile, but maybe she just wants to get back to the US full time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Where was Meghan playing that she led the league in scoring and was MVP?

Reaction Score
And what's a coup?
I think she meant cup. Reading through more of her tweets it seems the knee injuries were starting to add up. Perhaps at the ripe old age of 26 she wants to preserve what's left of them. Also says that having to work Mondays will suck, but she can't wait to get back to the U.S. where the guys only care about how good you look and how well you can kick a keg.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She certainly made her mark. Congrats not only on a fine career with lots of rings and assorted hardware, but also on getting every last bit out of it that her body would allow. She left it all out there.

Wonder if she has any designs on TV work? As many have noted she certainly has the looks. Over the years, she has struck me as sort of a sports junkie in general (not just as a D1 athlete herself) , so maybe could try sideline reporting or do a couple of guest spots in-studio as a way to test the waters.

Go Meghan! The world is your oyster.

Reaction Score
She certainly made her mark. Congrats not only on a fine career with lots of rings and assorted hardware, but also on getting every last bit out of it that her body would allow. She left it all out there.

Wonder if she has any designs on TV work? As many have noted she certainly has the looks. Over the years, she has struck me as sort of a sports junkie in general (not just as a D1 athlete herself) , so maybe could try sideline reporting or do a couple of guest spots in-studio as a way to test the waters.

Go Meghan! The world is your oyster.
I believe she attempted to land a spot on one of the many reality shows after college, but obviously failed. I believe Caroline put together her casting video submission, and it was out on YouTube a while back under the cdoty5 channel.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
On a prior tweet she mentioned that she hoped "my knee didn't retire before I did..." So injuries may indeed be playing a role in this.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Best of luck to her in whatever her next endeavor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom