Megan Walker: Monacan's National Treasure | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker: Monacan's National Treasure

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I also took it as meaning "Maya Moore 'lite' " as in similar but the next notch down. To me this is a compliment, to even have Maya's name invoked at all as a descriptor. Perhaps I have not been using the qualifier "a poor man's" properly to this point :)

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I'm referring to your voluntary original explanation - "which is a huge compliment" - not to your subsequent response to me.
Meant as such perhaps, but not effectively expressed as such. Putting aside the other three definitions, in which the pejorative connotation ranges from mild to severe, let's expand your preferred one to include the usage examples:

"someone or something that is similar to a well-known person or thing but is not as good. He was only ever a mediocre singer - they used to call him 'the poor man's Frank Sinatra'. 'So what did you think of the film?' 'It was just a poor man's 'Pulp Fiction'."

Now the pejorative comes through there too, does it not?
Therein lies the problem, with which I tried (unsuccessfully it seems) to be of assistance. If I wince at an inappropriate choice of words, I'm confident others will too.

As they did in prior threads where they perceived your player comparisons as knocking the "lesser" player or even multiple players ("plays like a walk-on").

It's not a matter of ill intent, maybe just a tonal deaf spot. Perhaps you're doomed to be misunderstood in this regard.

But you do good work. Just excellent in many ways. So what's a little malaprop among friends?

"So what's a little malaprop among friends?" hahaha

"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Very impressive and from a sophomore at that.

She's going to be quite good.

For those clicking on the link, be sure to scan down. There are eight highlight vids in all. From the viewing stats it looks like people may just be seeing the first vid and assuming that's it.

Reaction Score

For those clicking on the link, be sure to scan down. There are eight highlight vids in all. From the viewing stats it looks like people may just be seeing the first vid and assuming that's it.

I watched them all. Even though she has 2 more years of high school remaining, she looks almost college ready now. I can see why some are comparing her to Maya at the same age.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

The assist number 1.3/game strike me as a little low, I realize that is like pointing out that Cindy Crawford has a mole.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The assist number 1.3/game strike me as a little low, I realize that is like pointing out that Cindy Crawford has a mole.

Assist stats in high school are really hard to make much out of. Consider that the terrific Asia Durr averaged exactly 2 per game for her entire high school career, and she played more of a point guard role than Walker does.

Reaction Score
I like the alley oop inbounds play. She is way ahead of her competition on both the physical and skill level in these videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom