Megan is WBCA AA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Megan is WBCA AA

Reaction Score
I am not saying lockstep but given that CC missed 7 games of 30 played, I am surprised she made it over Howard. Personally, I don't why Howard made the AP 5 member team but ok, when was the last time an AP AA did not make the WBCA 10 member team? Odd and like said unusual to have 2 other players from your conference make it and you don't. But hey, she's only a sophomore so she has time.
I think you hit the nail on the head in your last sentence. SOPHOMORE Coaches probably reluctant to vote for the underclassman.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Crystal UConn's biggest miss for AA? Best player who didn't make AA?
Along with Kia Nurse, Kelly Faris, Tiffany Hayes, Ann Strother, Barb Turner, Tamika Williams, Asjha Jones, Jamelle Elliott, and maybe a few others I've forgotten.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is a MEGAN thread. Why do so many threads end up about Oregon here?

Reaction Score
So when does Megan get her banner put up on the wall? Will it go up over the summer so it's in place in time for next season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So when does Megan get her banner put up on the wall? Will it go up over the summer so it's in place in time for next season?
I'm guessing they will have Meg back at a convenient time, perhaps a big game. I think that's what they did for Tuck.

Reaction Score
Along with Kia Nurse, Kelly Faris, Tiffany Hayes, Ann Strother, Barb Turner, Tamika Williams, Asjha Jones, Jamelle Elliott, and maybe a few others I've forgotten.

I can understand Kelly Faris's not making it. She was a fine player, especially defensively, but not AA. Ann Strother had a great freshman season playing understudy to D, but never rose to AA status, IMO. Barb Turner very tough, but a level down. Kia Nurse was very good, but again not AA. But Kia just kept getting better and better and better as a pro...She is vastly improved from her college days. Unbelievable the transformation she's made.

Asjha Jones seems to have been a sure-fire AA who was blocked by other UConn selections. Did she miss because there were already others from UConn? Do I have that right?

Tamika Williams I don't really remember, but could be the same.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I think Crystal is right up there with Kia Nurse as two who were knocking on the door but didn't quite get to walk through it. I remember how stunned many of us were at Kia being named national defensive player of the year, but not a first team All American.

And for what it's worth, I believe that had the Huskies made the Final Four or better this year, it probably would have pushed Crystal over the top. And the way the team was playing late in the season, that well could have happened. Crystal was about as badly impacted as any player other than Sabrina by the stunning events of this sprting, unfortunately.
I think Crystal is right up there with Kia Nurse as two who were knocking on the door but didn't quite get to walk through it. I remember how stunned many of us were at Kia being named national defensive player of the year, but not a first team All American.

Two very good players with similar stats. Nurse was a slightly better shooter (.483/.423 to .445/.388) than CD but Dangerfield had the better assist to turnover ratio (4.6/1.7 to 3.0/1.4). What separates the two for me is that Nurse was far more durable (147 games played, including 144 starts) and was, arguably, the best perimeter defender to ever wear a UConn uniform.

Neither may have a banner on the wall but I think there's room to remember each of them with fondness and appreciation.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Two very good players with similar stats. Nurse was a slightly better shooter (.483/.423 to .445/.388) than CD but Dangerfield had the better assist to turnover ratio (4.6/1.7 to 3.0/1.4). What separates the two for me is that Nurse was far more durable (147 games played, including 144 starts) and was, arguably, the best perimeter defender to ever wear a UConn uniform.

Neither may have a banner on the wall but I think there's room to remember each of them with fondness and appreciation.
Nurse was an incredible defender and very durable. Crystal didn't miss many games and often played hurt. I think she gave as much of her body as anyone, including Tiffany Hayes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom