Meet Napheesa Collier | The Boneyard

Meet Napheesa Collier

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Chocolate cake & a 4.0 GPA! How am I going to possible break the news to Maya that she has been surpassed on my adoration meter among UCONN players.

Reaction Score
Wow.

She sounds like a terrific young woman and (of course bball player) that will fit perfectly into the next iteration of THE Huskies.

Funny how UConn manages to luckily find and attract such talented people. N'est-ce pas?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Chocolate cake! Another SEC complaint coming against Geno.

I can see it now: "Chocolate CakeGate."

I can also see a similarity of Napheesa to Swin Cash. If so, I'll take it.

(So will Geno.)

Reaction Score
I was (correctly I think) taken to task on another thread for overrating athleticism and not giving enough due to skill. I said that we will be wowed next season when Moriah, Gabby and Collier are on the court together streaking past opponents, and that this will be our fastest team. It may prove to be correct that I am wrong to think that the number one player in the country (KLS) will be second to Collier on this team in the future, but day by day Napheesa seems more and more like the second coming of Maya. That's blasphemous of course because Maya was the greatest college basketball player I ever saw. (I say that while DT's #3 jersey hangs upstairs on my daughter's bedroom wall, seven years after she went off to college).

Maybe what we will have two years from now is the greatest one-two combo in UCONN history. A "pick your poison" nightly choice for opposing coaches to decide how to defend an extraordinarily well coached, explosive offense.

Oh wait, we have that now already. So maybe what we'll have is the joy of watching the UCONN legend grow in the hands of another group of mature young women.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the 82 point free wings thing to be the subject of an SEC complaint. No, I mean it! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I was (correctly I think) taken to task on another thread for overrating athleticism and not giving enough due to skill. I said that we will be wowed next season when Moriah, Gabby and Collier are on the court together streaking past opponents, and that this will be our fastest team. It may prove to be correct that I am wrong to think that the number one player in the country (KLS) will be second to Collier on this team in the future, but day by day Napheesa seems more and more like the second coming of Maya. That's blasphemous of course because Maya was the greatest college basketball player I ever saw. (I say that while DT's #3 jersey hangs upstairs on my daughter's bedroom wall, seven years after she went off to college).

Maybe what we will have two years from now is the greatest one-two combo in UCONN history. A "pick your poison" nightly choice for opposing coaches to decide how to defend an extraordinarily well coached, explosive offense.

Oh wait, we have that now already. So maybe what we'll have is the joy of watching the UCONN legend grow in the hands of another group of mature young women.
Your first paragraph about "those 3" has my heart thumping. DT, Maya, Lobo, and 100 other Uconn/s were GREAT--some just greater--but it is NEVER blasphemous to select another incoming great and hope for greater--I hope so too..

Reaction Score
It's amazing how many knew immediately the results of a larger size piece of Chocolate cake for a certain college, in a certain league, to a certain national sports organization to against a certain wize cracking philly kid.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chocolate cake & a 4.0 GPA! How am I going to possible break the news to Maya that she has been surpassed on my adoration meter among UCONN players.
Is EVERYONE born in Jefferson City, MO like this?? Recruiting would be much simpler if it were true.

Slightly hyperbolic, but this recruiting class includes De'Janae, Maya, and Elena. :)

Reaction Score

I have no idea who will be better between KLS and NC. But I will say this you are going to love them both- but in regards to KLS think about these past years fastbreaks-- opposing team guards are back on defense, thess past years - ball gets passed to KML- if the guards are close enough they have enough size for KML to not shoot. Now- with KLS if her opposing sf isn't back- these opposing guards better be at least 6 foot with long arms. KLS shoots the ball high and has a quick release. Further, Geno has on one occasion called KLS "a guard." Thus if NC or GW are in playing sf- they'll be able to guard the quicker of the sg/sf.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the 82 point free wings thing to be the subject of an SEC complaint. No, I mean it! :rolleyes:
Game fixing.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure The Pheenom would qualify for any SEC school-Her GPA is too high.
Excuse me.... But was it that you're trying to insinuate? I have an idea but, but I'm really hoping I'm wrong....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's amazing how many knew immediately the results of a larger size piece of Chocolate cake for a certain college, in a certain league, to a certain national sports organization to against a certain wize cracking philly kid.
What???? Can you pleasew explain for the rest of us that did not know immediately?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Excuse me.... But was it that you're trying to insinuate? I have an idea but, but I'm really hoping I'm wrong....
Lighten up- Just having fun at the expense of the entire SEC. Everyone knows there are good schools in the SEC-take Vandy for example. I borrowed that from a T-shirt I saw at Duke which read. " My rejection letter from Duke came with an application to UNC."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom