Media availibilty today for some players | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Media availibilty today for some players

Reaction Score
The bottom line is Bueckers decided to often to not play the way the coach asked her to play, which was to be aggressive looking for her own shot; that eventually was PART of the reason they lost to Arizona. It certainly would be very unfair to put the loss all on that but, objectively, IMO it most certainly was a very obvious contributing factor.

Geno talked about that game in his interview with Amore. He said that UConn had matchup advantages but that those advantages were not the things they normally do or use. He didn't get specific. Then he said that Ariz. doubled Bueckers every time she touched the ball, limiting her scoring. He also said that no one could guard MacDonald.
ME: UConn could have responded because doubling Bueckers left people open. Unfortunately they couldn't hit bunnies.

I'm not sure what Geno meant but I'm positive he doesn't want her to become another Mitchell (tOSU).

Reaction Score
The bottom line is Bueckers decided to often to not play the way the coach asked her to play, which was to be aggressive looking for her own shot; that eventually was PART of the reason they lost to Arizona. It certainly would be very unfair to put the loss all on that but, objectively, IMO it most certainly was a very obvious contributing factor.
Oh so it was Paige fault.How many chip shots did Liv miss.

Reaction Score
No, it wasn't Paige's fault. The team came out flat, and they did UConn no favors by not including Arizona in the Final Four promotion. That had Arizona fired up before the game started. Just like I knew Kansas City wouldn't win the Super Bowl when I heard about the accident And Reid's son was in, I knew UConn wouldn't win because of how the NCAA treated Arizona.

Reaction Score
Last year we were debating whether Paige would start and would we have enough 3 point shooting? Now its will Azzi start or will Dorkha win the starting center job? Some questions have been answered like do we have enough 3 point shooting this year? The answer is absolutely we do. Do we have front court depth? Absolutely we do. The only thing I am not sure of is a defensive stopper on an extremely quick point guard. We might have some candidates in Mir and Aubrey. Another thing lacking was good steady competition. Hopefully our competitive non conference games will not be canceled. Our practices should be as competitive as most any game. Final 4 here we come!

Reaction Score
Again, to some Bueckers is way beyond criticism, but not for me; frankly I wouldn’t even call my view criticism, it’s how I saw the game live and even more so on replay. She is obviously an outstanding player but I made it very plain my point about her was nothing more than a contributing factor to the loss but you extrapolate it out to something I never said or even inferred. I would prefer you just ignored my post rather than reply to something I never said.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Again, to some Bueckers is way beyond criticism, but not for me; frankly I wouldn’t even call my view criticism, it’s how I saw the game live and even more so on replay. She is obviously an outstanding player but I made it very plain my point about her was nothing more than a contributing factor to the loss but you extrapolate it out to something I never said or even inferred. I would prefer you just ignored my post rather than reply to something I never said.
Well, Paige agrees she must improve in many areas

More maturity, aggression, leadership and a national title: What Paige Bueckers wants out of her sophomore season - Hartford Courant

Bueckers is already focused on areas to improve.

Chief among them in Auriemma’s eyes is that she too often waited for the game to come to her, something he especially harped on after the team’s sole regular-season loss to Arkansas.

“I definitely see what he’s talking about,” Bueckers said. “I watched a lot of film on last year. I’m definitely coming out with a more aggressive approach. Instead of sort of letting it come to me, I have to go take it myself.”

Bueckers mentioned other ways she wants to elevate her game: be a better defender, a better cutter, be better moving off the ball. Last season’s abrupt end taught her that intangibles will be just as, if not even more, critical in trying to win a championship this season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hot off the press

Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers patiently waiting to play together as UConn teammates - The UConn Blog

It is quite remarkable that the Azzi-Paige friendship seems a bit asymmetric with an older sister - younger sister vibe

This quote from Azzi is pretty telling

So what exactly makes them such a great fit?

“I think we complement each other in different ways just because we both have such high basketball IQs, especially Paige,” Fudd said. “You can’t label us like she’s a point guard, I’m a point guard, she’s a two, I’m the two. We kind of just do whatever is necessary for each other and the team.”

Also a video putting the visual cues to the interviews

Paige Bueckers Made a Passing Video To Help Recruit Azzi Fudd - YouTube

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1625775441644.png

Talk about teamwork, i bet with Paige, Azzi, and Nika Uconn will set their all time record for steals and the way this particular group plays as a team will be very enjoyable to watch. Poetry in motion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I think we complement each other in different ways just because we both have such high basketball IQs, especially Paige,” Fudd said. “You can’t label us like she’s a point guard, I’m a point guard, she’s a two, I’m the two. We kind of just do whatever is necessary for each other and the team.”
:):):)

I like the 2 point guard approach. It worked out great with Kemba and Shabazz, Bazz and Boatright.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hot off the press

Azzi Fudd and Paige Bueckers patiently waiting to play together as UConn teammates - The UConn Blog

It is quite remarkable that the Azzi-Paige friendship seems a bit asymmetric with an older sister - younger sister vibe

This quote from Azzi is pretty telling

So what exactly makes them such a great fit?

Also a video putting the visual cues to the interviews

Paige Bueckers Made a Passing Video To Help Recruit Azzi Fudd - YouTube
Well, after seeing Azzi go after Paige hard in this mock interview, Azzi can hold her own but Paige may have discovered her first endorsement effort. :cool:

Reaction Score
Well, after seeing Azzi go after Paige hard in this mock interview, Azzi can hold her own but Paige may have discovered her first endorsement effort. :cool:

loved this. kind of surprised paige is way taller

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azzi will have a big future in media after her playing days. She has a really good voice and enunciation.
and very expressive facial features as well as a left hook. ;)

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score

I still think peanut butter fits Paige better :D

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I thought the word was that Azzi was "shy"? She didn't seem too shy watching that mutual interview the did on TV!

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I thought the word was that Azzi was "shy"? She didn't seem too shy watching that mutual interview the did on TV!
That just goes to show how comfortable she is with Paige. Can't wait to see that translate on the court!

Reaction Score
It wasn’t Liv fault either. I’ll say they underestimate a team who wasn’t missing at all, hitting big shots as we threaten to come back. Also we looked a little fatigue. The point is they didn’t play UConn basketball

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits