Mechelle V on how A'ja Going to USC is Good for WBB | The Boneyard

Mechelle V on how A'ja Going to USC is Good for WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Nice article - was worried about it from the title, but really a very balanced and thought out piece with a lot of praise for Uconn.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of MV. She has always demonstrated , at least IMHO , a general disdain for Uconn's dominance . Over the years she has not shown that same attitude toward Tenn. To me her attitude seems to be " as long as it's not Uconn ".

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Really good article.

I was thinking, before I read the article, that the real test is what the coach/program does with the high-ranking recruit during their college career. Yes, you have to get them to commit. But then you need to help them maximize their abilities.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of MV. She has always demonstrated , at least IMHO , a general disdain for Uconn's dominance . Over the years she has not shown that same attitude toward Tenn. To me her attitude seems to be " as long as it's not Uconn ".

As someone who knows her personally, I can assure you this is absolutely NOT true.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Are you sure you are thinking of the right person?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Other than the Darth Vader reference, I thought it was a good article.

Reaction Score
Balanced article and accurate with regard to women's basketball improving by spreading the talent. I wish we got Ms. Wilson but SC will now be come a competitive opponent and we all know we need more of those.

Reaction Score
that was a good article?that we should jump for joy that she did not choose uconn?whatever school she picked,it was her decision,i have no opinion on that decision.she wants to stay near home,i'm happy for her,nothing wrong with that. i am just so sad that she will not get any of that wonderful uconn i scream!

Reaction Score
Me too, I've sat with her at the last two years WNBA drafts and this year's AAC tournament. She has a genuine fondness of the program and it's student-athletes.
Hey Dish, and Icebear, I read and listen to your show all the time, and enjoy. Now, I certainly don't know MV personally. I'm just saying in any interview I've seen or heard, I've never seen hear really praise Uconn, except in a rountable where she agrees with say Kara, etc. I've alwys gotten the impression , and perhaps I've misunderstood her, that Uconn is great but to her it's bad for wcbb. Now, that being said, even DB waited until the 2nd half of championship game to admit that Dolson, Stewie and KML were " arguably" the best at their positions. Hey, I'm a life long Knick fan, but Larry Bird was my second favorite after Clyde.

Reaction Score
As a sports fan, and a fan of Uconn, yankees, knicks, USA sports etc., I want my teams to win " All of the time ". Since when do we have to worry about " growing the sport, and parity " as fans ? That's what other coaches, athletic directors are for. To me, it's the responsibilty of these other programs to bring " their " program to another level.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Hey Dish, and Icebear, I read and listen to your show all the time, and enjoy. Now, I certainly don't know MV personally. I'm just saying in any interview I've seen or heard, I've never seen hear really praise Uconn, except in a rountable where she agrees with say Kara, etc. I've alwys gotten the impression , and perhaps I've misunderstood her, that Uconn is great but to her it's bad for wcbb.

I have lost track of how many articles she has written, videos she has produced, and other statements she has made praising UConn. They are countless.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

She and that evil carolyn Peck, who never had a kind word for our players, our coach, our team, or our state. Not to mention that vast striped-shirt conspiracy, led by Dee Kantner, giving our opponents all the calls, night after night. Or that NCAA committee that conspires against UConn annually when doing the seedings for the tournament.

And I forgot that lone coach who gave undefeated Notre Dame one of OUR first place votes.

Being such disrepected underdogs it's a miracle we can eke out an occasional win.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She and that evil carolyn Peck, who never had a kind word for our players, our coach, our team, or our state. Not to mention that vast striped-shirt conspiracy, led by Dee Kantner, giving our opponents all the calls, night after night. Or that NCAA committee that conspires against UConn annually when doing the seedings for the tournament.

And I forgot that lone coach who gave undefeated Notre Dame one of OUR first place votes.

Being such disrepected underdogs it's a miracle we can eke out an occasional win.
Well, I might agree on Carolyn Peck.

Reaction Score
No problem with the Darth Vader deal...WE run the evil empire now.....in the eyes of every program NOT named UCONN (if they want their kids to compete).

Other than the Darth Vader reference, I thought it was a good article.

Reaction Score
Rea

Well, All I know is that I have dozens of video shots showing certain huskies getting clotheslined right in front of Dee Kantner, with no call being made. I guess she just can't see everything.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
BldeIxXCUAAKZ6N.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
LOL, cute pic. ^ Didn't someone ask on here if Dawn Staley ever smiled?

Reaction Score
Balanced article and accurate with regard to women's basketball improving by spreading the talent. I wish we got Ms. Wilson but SC will now be come a competitive opponent and we all know we need more of those.

Yes! Hard fought seasons are good!
Men's team late in the season had me on the edge of my chair. Hard fought!
The women's team, not so much. BUT not because of the huskies, but because of the competition.
Good for USC. Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer