McMurphy - Edsall "very strong candidate" to return | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McMurphy - Edsall "very strong candidate" to return

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My biggest issue with Edsall is that the program has a ceiling that he has placed on it. Yes, as it has been already mentioned, he would be a better coaching version of Diaco (with far less personality, which has severe positives and negatives) but one who would never be able to get the program beyond where it was, solely because he doesn't believe it can be done.

I will be very underwhelmed if this happens and I will need to think long and hard about my commitment as a fan of the program.

Reaction Score
As someone who thought Edsall did an outstanding job here, that is something that I don't have a handle on, and would want to before considering him this time.

Don't think he ever recovered from having to use a LB as a QB after 4 went down to injury. First year?

Reaction Score
As someone who thought Edsall did an outstanding job here, that is something that I don't have a handle on, and would want to before considering him this time.

Shockingly, he struggled to find good QB play. He also wasn't as much of as a trainwreck as we remember IMO. His intra-conference records at MD would have fit in with his intra-conference records @ UCONN. In better conferences.

Reaction Score
He had a passing game when Frazier and Endres were playing well in his penultimate season with us.

It sounds to me like Edsall is a done deal. He was in Mansfield 4 weeks ago for what it's worth.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Please no. He had one foot out the door beginning in 2007. This is less than "meh" to me. On the other hand, my oldest turns 5 next summer and I would feel perfectly justified in going to his soccer games than merely working practices (what he did as a 4 year old) around the home UConn schedule (i.e. foregoing season tickets).

Reaction Score
Randy Edsall, is Al Groh, Glen Mason esqe.

8-5, is about your ceiling with a chance at 9-3. 5-7, is your floor with a chance at 4-8. You'll almost always be competitive. He will tell fans they have no right to have expectations (he did), he will blame every loss on lack of execution by the players. He will break his arm patting himself on the back and praising the coaches when they win, see the ND on field post game interview.

After the last two coaches, I welcome him back, but I'm not running to renew tickets until I see he has a plan in place for the offense that is different than what he had here last time.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He is a phony, self-serving, jerk. Everyone at Maryland hated him. I would not wish him on my worst enemy .

Donors should let the AD know your money is not coming if he is hired. Maryland spent $$$$$ to get rid of him.

I think if Edsel is coming back it's because a couple big donors wanted him back, no?

Reaction Score
I miss going to bowl games and his team gave me one of the greatest highlights as a fan, being there to watch them beat Norte Dame in their house!
I'm right there with you was at all the same games...but I also hear the same week after week at Rentschler about games, defense, and style of offense played...and I can tell you that what Edsall does is NOT what people want to see...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think if Edsel is coming back it's because a couple big donors wanted him back, no?

And because he is budget friendly vs others (I would think).

And because Edsall probably knew exactly what to say to DB.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Bill Snyder would disagree
If RE accomplished close to what Snyder had during his first run, I would think differently about this possibility. If RE had done close to what Petrino did in his first Louisville run during his first run here I would also view the idea in a more positive manner.

RE is not some game changing hire (unless perpetually finishing between second and fourth in the AAC east is what we want the game changed to).

Reaction Score
If RE accomplished close to what Snyder had during his first run, I would think differently about this possibility. If RE had done close to what Petrino did in his first Louisville run during his first run here I would also view the idea in a more positive manner.

RE is not some game changing hire (unless perpetually finishing between second and fourth in the AAC east is what we want the game changed to).

The one good thing about him coming back, and I'm hoping he doesn't, is he can coach up some talent we have that have not improved in the Diaco era.

Reaction Score

I agree, but he would more than hold his own against these caliber coaches I would think.

Question do they play this at the press conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom