McCarville won't Play for Lynx this Year | The Boneyard

McCarville won't Play for Lynx this Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know they wanted Anna Cruz via trade, but I still think that Kiah Stokes would have been a good draft choice for Minnesota.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I know they wanted Anna Cruz via trade, but I still think that Kiah Stokes would have been a good draft choice for Minnesota.

Possibly Minny would have appreciated the heads-up from JM *before* the draft, eh?

Assuming she really did wait until after to inform them. It will be interesting to hear (if we ever do) what the back story is.

Reaction Score
Possibly Minny would have appreciated the heads-up from JM *before* the draft, eh?

Assuming she really did wait until after to inform them. It will be interesting to hear (if we ever do) what the back story is.

It is also possible that Minnesota was informed but did not want to tip their hand prior to the draft.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ashja is an upgrade over McCarville in every way. Provided she's healthy, she should be their starting 5 this season (unless I'm missing someone else on their roster).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Ashja is an upgrade over McCarville in every way. Provided she's healthy, she should be their starting 5 this season (unless I'm missing someone else on their roster).

McCarville is/was the best passing center in the league, which is a big plus when you have scoring options like Maya who move so well without the ball. She made a lot of great passing plays last year.

Aside from that, Asjha is an upgrade in most areas as long as her health is there. Certainly she is a bigger threat to score inside and in the midrange.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
McCarville is/was the best passing center in the league, which is a big plus when you have scoring options like Maya who move so well without the ball. She made a lot of great passing plays last year.

Aside from that, Asjha is an upgrade in most areas as long as her health is there. Certainly she is a bigger threat to score inside and in the midrange.
Good point on the passing. Are you sure Maya's good at moving without the ball? I seem to remember Geno making fun of her running everywhere with no purpose! LOL. Kidding - i know she's improved in that area a ton from her freshman year in college!

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score

AND, McCarville and Whalen have been playing together for a long time, which was a definite plus.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I suppose Jones to Minnesota also opens up the possibility of Brunson to Chicago for Fowles?

Reaction Score

We certainly hope so. The key for any Minnesota post player is effectiveness against/ability to neutralize Brittany Griner. Phoenix is still a very good team with Dupree and Griner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom