McCallie mind boggling comment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

McCallie mind boggling comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She really needs to be dumped. Look, I know that on this board we tend to pile on Coach P, but not without very good reason. I think the "spell" to which you refer is really the help she gets in attracting kids to Duke because it's a great academic institution and a beautiful campus. But, in terms of player development, she's a total loss!

I will have to start calling this place The Devils Den North ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't fault Duke for only playing zone on defense, they are way too slow to handle Allen and Loyd man-to-man and zone is a good way to use their length.

Despite all the McDonalds AA recruits this-lack of foot speed- has been the one thing holding back Duke for these last few years. This shows up especially on the defense end of the court. That is why Duke is almost exclusively zone. That Coach P is not creative enough to put in an offensive to overcome this=double whammy.

Reaction Score
Coach P is lost and she always blames her players not her coaching..............Sad Sad

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Do any of you routinely watch the McDonald's High School AA game? I'd like to, but usually forget to tune in. A few years ago, however, by fortuitous happenstance, I caught it while channel surfing. It was Elizabeth Williams' senior year. I vividly remember, given that she was clearly the best player on the entire court, thinking, "Damn....wish she was coming to UConn," and anticipating the future pileup of NPOY awards for her. Wow....it's not as though she's had a terrible career...she's clearly a highly credible player, but can you imagine what the difference for her might have been under Geno's tutelage, or Muffett's, for that matter? I just don't think McCallie has the gift, and I don't think, after all this time, she's in any "danger" of acquiring it!
Bingo Big Petunia- I havnt missed a McDonalds AA game in a long time. And there are usually a number of non UC recruits that dominate and impress. And more often than not, our girls are not the highlight reel. Then what happens in college is amazing.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Not worried about this yr but next when Stewies #4 will be played in Indy a short hop from SB. Remember the last time we played them in the FF in Indy.:(
N Dame was deeper, more experienced and better than us that year. If you don't believe me, Geno has said that the reason he has one every NC game is because he had the best team. And only one time he won w out the best team. I always took that to mean Baylor losing to Louisville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom