Maybe we'll get a bump in tix sales for Temple | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Maybe we'll get a bump in tix sales for Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wait till that vaunted Memphis/Temple matchup next season. That game may have to be played in secret. $13 million per school my ass......

Leader in the clubhouse right now for this week's best post. Don't get it really. . . I'm mean that big Philly market that made Temple such a good pick (after an abysmal first go round) isn't amounting to all that much . . . again? The New New Big East striving to become what the New Big East had become after scrambling to salvage some sense of positive after the Original Big East was robbed.

Reaction Score
Leader in the clubhouse right now for this week's best post. Don't get it really. . . I'm mean that big Philly market that made Temple such a good pick (after an abysmal first go round) isn't amounting to all that much . . . again? The New New Big East striving to become what the New Big East had become after scrambling to salvage some sense of positive after the Original Big East was robbed.

No kidding. Pay money to get back a school we kicked out? Dumbest idea since the Maginot Line or new Coke.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My God -- moral compass? You're kidding.

The fact that a site is rebroadcasting something illegally doesn't mean I won't watch it. To be honest, I don't think I'm acting in violation of law when I do so.

Yes. Yes, I am. My favorite NFL team is out of market and I don't have Sunday Ticket...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Well, it is the exclusive legal internet broadcast. The other sites that you can watch on are illegally pirating the feed.
Since I pay for the legal broadcast which is available to me through my ISP, I'm not too worried about watching the pirated feed.

Reaction Score
I was not implying anyone should be. Just that I think it's fair to call a broadcast "exclusive" when it's the exclusive legal broadcast but also being pirated.

Reaction Score
ESPN successfully used UConn athletics in the past to drive ESPNU to a lower cost broadcasting tier on most systems - big battle with Comcast. ESPNU, when it was started - was essentially in the same boat, that NBCsports channel is in right now. (actually nbcsports channel is in a much better position right now, than espnu was - not so many years ago.) ESPN internally, was having serious discussions about whether or not they were going to shut ESPNU down or not. They committed to making it grow - and wouldn'tcha know it - just like 1979, when the whole thing started - what market, and product did they go after to start it rolling? UCONN.

Anybody think that NBC sports isn't aware of that? That interest in UCONN is going to drive people to re-evaluate their cable systems in this region.

And on another note, I don't think there's another area of the entire country, where the battling among different broadcasting companies is as deep as it is around here. You've got AT&T, Comcast, Optimum, Direct TV, Dish, and on down the line, and they've all successfully keptverizon FIOS out of most of the densely populated regions, and verizon wants in.

Verizon wants in what? Properties in Connecticut?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Verizon wants in what? Properties in Connecticut?

Yes, about two or three years ago Verizon got into the business of phone cable Internet etc... They had very competitive bundles but only started in major markets such as Boston, NY, Chi etc.... They were going to branch out once established. I'm not sure where CT fits in their expansion process but it's coming.

Reaction Score
Yes, about two or three years ago Verizon got into the business of phone cable Internet etc... They had very competitive bundles but only started in major markets such as Boston, NY, Chi etc.... They were going to branch out once established. I'm not sure where CT fits in their expansion process but it's coming.

I will bet you right now that you will NOT see Verizon FIOS in CT. Verizon announced a few years ago that they were no longer building out their FIOS system in areas which they were already servicing (ex areas of Rhode Island).

I suggest you don't hold your breath awaiting the arrival of FIOS in CT.

Reaction Score
I will bet you right now that you will NOT see Verizon FIOS in CT. Verizon announced a few years ago that they were no longer building out their FIOS system in areas which they were already servicing (ex areas of Rhode Island).

I suggest you don't hold your breath awaiting the arrival of FIOS in CT.

Didn't know that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member