May recruiting thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
#4. Jordyn Palmer, 6'1 CO2027- 60.9%

Introducing the first Freshman to appear on the leaderboard, Jordyn Palmer plays like she's a graduated senior off to take on the Power 5. She's money around the rim, lights out from the mid-range, and her handle as a 6'1 freshman should not be as polished as it is. Her athleticism is the same way. You just truly would not think she is a freshman after watching her for 30 seconds. Her feel for the game is so advanced, sometimes it looks like she's playing on 0.8x speed. Don't let her lack of 3-point volume think that she's just a back-you-down one move over the shoulder post player. She absolutely plays like a 6'1 point guard. She is a terrific passer, can go left just as well as she can go right, and will gladly take any defender off the dribble. If she gets stuck trying to cross-up a smaller defender, no problem, she'll hit a 15-footer right over them with a really nice shooting form. No doubt that she is the capability to step out and hit a couple (2-5 weekend 1). But her efficiency comes from being able to get any shot that she wants, especially in transition where no one can keep up with her or get up high enough to bother any shot at the rim. She has an array of post moves that involve jump hooks, push floaters, reverses, up-and-unders; she displayed each of these moves already just in the first weekend. Jordyn, combined with her size and athleticism, is one of the most complete players you'll find on the circuit, and she's only just begun her high school career. This percentage may dip a little as she continues to increase shot volume, but do not be surprised if she's above 50% all year. The definition of "get a good shot"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
5. Addison Bjorn, 6’1 CO2026- 60.6%

Addison is becoming a legit unstoppable force inside. She’s averaging 9.8 ppg as the 4th option on All Iowa Attack. They play a very perimeter-heavy style of offense, and she mainly operates down low. But when she gets it from within 7-feet, she’s automatic. She can go over either shoulder, her touch is phenomenal, and she actually has a pretty decent handle. At 6’1, she’s not exactly a 5-man, but her post moves are too smooth to not put her down there. If a bigger defender is put on her, she has the handle to get by them. Guards have to meet her outside the paint to give themselves a chance. If you meet her too low, she will go right over you with perfect touch. Addison is a great example of finesse over bruising. She will back you down, but gets her easy buckets because of her footwork and ability to feel a defender’s weight on her back and attack off that. She also gets a lot of easy buckets because of how hard she crashes the offensive glass. And if she has a guard on her, she does a great job of going right back up after a board. Her percentage right now is no fluke. She gets 3-4 looks right at the rim every game just for crashing the glass hard, and doing her work early down low and getting great positioning.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
8817CE30-D56B-4D8E-9F8C-96CD92E3E7AB.jpeg

Reaction Score

Working out with a certain #5?
*Note: Link will work if you have an Instagram account.
It's video of this player (Ivanna Wilson Manyacka) working out with Paige.
I'll try to find a more accessible version.

Reaction Score
5. Addison Bjorn, 6’1 CO2026- 60.6%

Addison is becoming a legit unstoppable force inside. She’s averaging 9.8 ppg as the 4th option on All Iowa Attack. They play a very perimeter-heavy style of offense, and she mainly operates down low. But when she gets it from within 7-feet, she’s automatic. She can go over either shoulder, her touch is phenomenal, and she actually has a pretty decent handle. At 6’1, she’s not exactly a 5-man, but her post moves are too smooth to not put her down there. If a bigger defender is put on her, she has the handle to get by them. Guards have to meet her outside the paint to give themselves a chance. If you meet her too low, she will go right over you with perfect touch. Addison is a great example of finesse over bruising. She will back you down, but gets her easy buckets because of her footwork and ability to feel a defender’s weight on her back and attack off that. She also gets a lot of easy buckets because of how hard she crashes the offensive glass. And if she has a guard on her, she does a great job of going right back up after a board. Her percentage right now is no fluke. She gets 3-4 looks right at the rim every game just for crashing the glass hard, and doing her work early down low and getting great positioning.

Bjorn looks a lot like McKenna Woliczko both in physical type (long and lanky) and in skill set. I might rate Woliczko a little higher, but what do I know?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bjorn looks a lot like McKenna Woliczko both in physical type (long and lanky) and in skill set. I might rate Woliczko a little higher, but what do I know?

Haven't seen Bjorn play in a game, but my take is that Woliczko has a much more refined, all-around offensive game.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Bjorn play in a game, but my take is that Woliczko has a much more refined, all-around offensive game.
I’ve seen Woliczko in a few games and she is a significant talent. I wonder if her connection to Morgan Cheli would give Geno a recruiting advantage.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I saw Bjorn play against Incarnate Word Academy and she is really good. Unfortunately, her teammates don't give her much help. Has UConn offered her a scholarship?

Reaction Score
I don't think this means that much. She seems to collect the Jerseys.

Check out Login • Instagram for pictures of her in the following Jerseys:
Indiana, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, Mizzou, Creighton, Florida, Iowa in addition to:

That was at a home game on what (I’m assuming) was an unofficial visit. That was just to show that there’s some mutual interest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom