May recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

May recruiting thread

Reaction Score
Are we in it for Lacy?
I think she likes us, but she might have been plan B or plan C behind the number one objective which I think is probably Somfai and Leah may have known that. That's very speculative of course, but my best very distant read on it.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Are we in it for Lacy?

UConn is in her final 10.

Reaction Score
I think she likes us, but she might have been plan B or plan C behind the number one objective which I think is probably Somfai and Leah may have known that. That's very speculative of course, but my best very distant read on it.
Somfai seems like a lock. Followed basically everyone after her UCONN visit and has attended some of their games. Not to mention half her Top5 had coaching changes (Tenn, Stanford, VTech). Leaving only us and Duke. Macy, she hasn’t posted much regarding visits since last year so who knows. We made her Top10 with other really good schools. Having both of them would be a good thing, so even if she is “plan b or c” she’s a good catch with PB and Aubrey having to leave next year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Somfai seems like a lock. Followed basically everyone after her UCONN visit and has attended some of their games.

I don't think Somfai has been at UConn save for her visit.

Reaction Score
I’ll say Louisville or ND.

I think Kentucky may be enticing for in-state kids like Leah and Zakiyah Johnson with Kenny Brooks now as the HC.

If she doesn’t choose UConn, that still leaves McGaughy, Somfai and Grace Knox for the Forward position in ‘25 (Grace has been so good, but I’m not sure if she’s still being recruited though).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Davidson's gonna be terrific. Too bad UConn missed out on her. Douglas of course is a unicorn.

Reaction Score

I’m not sure how I feel about Macy.She’s clearly a very good player but I‘ve had my heart set on Brynn McGaughy for awhile and now I’m hearing all this talk about Somfai. I assume they are all three about even but McGaughy impressed me with her hardhat & lunchpail attitude and her declaration that UConn was her dream school. I don’t get the feeling that Macy is coming to UConn so I’d like to see her go to Vanderbilt or Louisville as I like those coaches and would like to see them get a big time player like Macy!

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how I feel about Macy.She’s clearly a very good player but I‘ve had my heart set on Brynn McGaughy for awhile and now I’m hearing all this talk about Somfai. I assume they are all three about even but McGaughy impressed me with her hardhat & lunchpail attitude and her declaration that UConn was her dream school. I don’t get the feeling that Macy is coming to UConn so I’d like to see her go to Vanderbilt or Louisville as I like those coaches and would like to see them get a big time player like Macy!
When did Brynn say that? On social media? Has she visited yet?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She was there for a game in March. Another thing to note is that she follows the UCONN Huskies general account, for students and stuff.

That March game was the weekend of her visit.

Reaction Score
w
well, she is from Florida. Long way up. Either way there’s a 90% chance we get just because more than half her top 5 have new coaches.

Reaction Score
Also her visit was last month according to her post. The one that was posted to her IG story with a photo of her, Azzi, and Jana. So either she took 2 visits, or she waited a month and half to post that photo. Either way, it’s a good sign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom