Matthews Decommits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Matthews Decommits

Reaction Score
I said it before KO was canned and I'll say it again now:

- who of the potential returnees or recruits was irreplaceable?
- who would we really fight to keep?

pj

Reaction Score
I do think Matthews is underrated, I think he's top 100 caliber and I hope Hurley can re-recruit him. But I fully understand exploring options, especially while you are getting to know the new coach. You want to make sure you are wanted and have a good relationship with the coach. With time so short before June classes, you have to look at all options in parallel.

Reaction Score
You have to expect decommits and transfers when you have a coaching change. I'm not even phased by this. Gives Hurley a chance to start bringing in guys he sees fitting into his system sooner rather than later.
Exactly my sentiments. Bye bye & good luck.

Reaction Score
With guys committed to URI? Outside of that, there can't be many available players, right? I'd imagine we'd be filling with grad transfers as a stop gap for one year
A rebuild takes time. Phase 1 is getting the existing guys to buy in. Anyone who doesn't you say goodbye to. Let's give our new coach more than 5 days on the job to rebuild this roster. Every day forward is a step in the right direction.

Reaction Score
Yeah this, it can't be that some would underrate a couple of the recruits.

This kid was a good fit say what you will.

(certainly not implying we should have kept KO just saying this one hurts despite what some think)
This class looked a lot like Ollie's last class on paper. You may be happy with a bunch of 3 stars but Hurley sure won't be.

Reaction Score
How about Europe? Plenty of good players here. I hope JC shares his contacts with Hurley ( I'm sure he will). No big deal Matthews is gone. We have a bright future. Hurley may not even want this guy.

Reaction Score
Shooting and point guard are huge gaps right now that need to be filled. We can’t rely on gilbert’s health and definitely can’t rely on Polley becoming a good starter by next season.
Nor can we reliy on a 3 star freshman.

Reaction Score
This class looked a lot like Ollie's last class on paper. You may be happy with a bunch of 3 stars but Hurley sure won't be.

Ever hear of underrated? I'm not sure and you aren't either but besides the number this kid had some game for sure, things we need. This would be the first ever 3* who was really a 4 I am sure. I would expect you to just brush it off for obvious reasons but others see some nice potential.

And I am fully aware Hurley "won't". Now let's see what happens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He was a nice, under the rader type player. Nothing to lose sleep over.

Based on his comments, I would assume Dan called him yesterday, and basically said he's not sure if he has a role on this team.

Remember, he didn't close the door on UConn either.

Reaction Score
Ever hear of underrated? I'm not sure and you aren't either but besides the number this kid had some game for sure, things we need. This would be the first ever 3* who was really a 4 I am sure. I would expect you to just brush for obvious reasons it off others see some nice potential.

And I am fully aware Hurley "won't". Now let's see what happens.
Sure, maybe. But we all talked ourselves into last year's group being underrated, and while there's stuff to work with them there, none of them struck me as significantly better than their rating. I assume the same here.

Reaction Score
6a00d83451b80969e200e55067bb678833-640wi.jpg

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Sure, maybe. But we all talked ourselves into last year's group being underrated, and while there's stuff to work with them there, none of them struck me as significantly better than their rating. I assume the same here.

None of them looked like Matthews, certainly not Polley. Again what's done is done we will see what he comes up with and I fully expect he has a plan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom