Matthew Wood #4 in Final NHL Central Scouting NA Skater Rankings | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Matthew Wood #4 in Final NHL Central Scouting NA Skater Rankings

Reaction Score

-> 14. Pittsburgh Penguins: Matthew Wood, RW, UConn

With Kyle Dubas at the helm and the Penguins pool in desperate need of an injection of talent, I think there are five names to hone in on here: Perreault, Honzek, Wood, Yager, and Barlow. Perreault would represent the biggest swing and a bet on the player’s offensive IQ, but I wonder if they lean toward someone who is a little further down their development path because of Sid and Gino’s window. Barlow’s got a pro-style game and shot, but I wonder if lessons learned from the challenge Samuel Poulin’s lack of pace has posed make them pause. That would leave Wood, who has already been a point-per-game player in college and could conceivably factor in as a scoring top-nine winger before the Crosby-Malkin era finishes, Honzek, whose projectability and size may be appealing, and Yager, a natural centre who plays the game with the smarts and three-zone commitment that Duabs covets, while also having legit skill. <-

Reaction Score
He looks like it will be close to beating Hawkins. Lots of mocks have him btween 9-14.

Reaction Score
He looks like it will be close to beating Hawkins. Lots of mocks have him btween 9-14.
I bet he wishes he got Hawkins $$$$ LOL.
I am just glad he is coming back to UConn for at least another year.

Reaction Score
Matthew Wood makes UConn history! #15 overall!!! Gets to hangs in Nashville to boot!!! Nice interview - Makes UConn proud!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom