Matt Walsh | The Boneyard

Matt Walsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to the Xavier/Hand game last night (ranked 1 and 2). Matt Walsh was impressive in fact clearly the best player on the field. This kid is tough as nails and Uconn will be getting an outstanding linebacker. The Xavier QB who is headed to BC is overrated IMO.
I'm not a fan of either team; just wanted to see a good football game. Hand won 40-20 but Xavier looked to have more overall talent. Walsh and coaching was the difference.

pj

Reaction Score
Very happy to have him. One thing this coaching staff has done well to date has been recruiting.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Walsh is a good player and can play on either side of the ball at the next level.
Boyle is a good quarterback and can make al the throws. The Hand defense had him on the run most of the night.

My disappointment was in how bad the field was. I like to see Middletown re sod the field after baseball season.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Walsh was sitting a few rows ahead of us to witness yesterday's debacle.

He did stay til the end though.

Reaction Score
Walsh is a good player and can play on either side of the ball at the next level.
Boyle is a good quarterback and can make al the throws. The Hand defense had him on the run most of the night.

My disappointment was in how bad the field was. I like to see Middletown re sod the field after baseball season.
Don't see Walsh as an offensive player in college. He is big for a HS kid but would only be of average size in college. Uconn recruited him as a linebacker and that is likely where you see him.
The field didn't look that bad to me but very long and slow and they should have cut it tighter. I was outside of one of end zones and couldn't hear the PA announcer.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Don't see Walsh as an offensive player in college. He is big for a HS kid but would only be of average size in college. Uconn recruited him as a linebacker and that is likely where you see him.
The field didn't look that bad to me but very long and slow and they should have cut it tighter. I was outside of one of end zones and couldn't hear the PA announcer.

They listed him at 6'2" 230 lbs. I thought he could play fullback but like him better at the mike in college. He has good downhill speed and packs a wallop.

Reaction Score

I agree that he is being recruted primarily as a LB but 6-2 230 as a fullback would be significantly more than average size for a D1 fullback. That is also muc larger than our two recent fullbacks who wen onto play in the NFL (Anderson/Sherman).

Reaction Score

Yup, lots of slipping and sliding. And it's not like they have a number of shoes or cleats to try during the game.

pj

Reaction Score
I thought he was recruited as a FB? Happy to have him at any position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom