Maryland loses starting PG | The Boneyard

Maryland loses starting PG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brene Mosley the starting PG for Maryland tore her ACL, and is gone for the year. The only other true PG is freshman Chloe Pavlech.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dara Taylor former MD PG is now practicing nicely at PSU as a Red Shirt junior.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Dara Taylor former MD PG is now practicing nicely at PSU as a Red Shirt junior.

I guess she found the old PSU locker room to be adequate, preferable to the fancy new one at Maryland.

Reaction Score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! The Terps will definitely have to figure out a plan to work without a strong guard corps.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I look for Lauren Mincy to slide over in the beginning of the season and maybe the freshman will gather her wings as the season progresses.

Always hate to hear about an ACL injury!
Speedy Recovery Brene!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes, Brene!

My guess is that the Terps will have some struggles. This may knock them down 5 spots or more in the mid-season and final polls.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Best wishes, Brene!

My guess is that the Terps will have some struggles. This may knock them down 5 spots or more in the mid-season and final polls.
Makes sense. She was expected to be the starting PG? I'm really looking forward to seeing UCONN play them - not just because I expect a smackdown, but because they are a solid fixture in the top 25, and recently the top 10, and we've never really played them before (at least not recently that i can recall)...

Reaction Score
Makes sense. She was expected to be the starting PG? I'm really looking forward to seeing UCONN play them - not just because I expect a smackdown, but because they are a solid fixture in the top 25, and recently the top 10, and we've never really played them before (at least not recently that i can recall)...
1st response is that is really tough for Brene and MD! I dont wish that on anyone:eek: I wish her the very best and for a full recovery! 2nd you hear this and cant help,but hope/pray for everyone to be healthy for us throughout the season! 3rd concerns me re Bria getting 100% healthy and she is not right now! #4 I was and am looking forward to playing MD,Duke,Wake Forest current ACC members and playing/whipping future ACC members Syracuse,Pitt, and ND at least twice! That is 7 games during the reg season of current and future ACC members!

Do we win the ACC???;) We also have business to take care with ND #2;) in the Athlon poll! wish we knew who the 2<other than Geno> voted ND #1 in the BE Poll:rolleyes:
Ira

Reaction Score
It's unfortunate, all around. Do you really want to beat up on Maryland in their currently reduced state? No satisfaction there.

"You can't have too many (point) guards."

Let the Quotation Police begin their cavilling.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Wonk, turtle soup is always a delicacy, as is snapper gumbo.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate, all around. Do you really want to beat up on Maryland in their currently reduced state? No satisfaction there.

"You can't have too many (point) guards."

Let the Quotation Police begin their cavilling.
Well obviously it's unfortunate. Totally agree with that - you never want to see anyone injured, and of course as sports fans, and WCBB fans specifically, it always hurts to see a kid go down for any reason. But personally, the greater the ass-whoopin, the higher my level of satisfaction will be... ;)

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Well obviously it's unfortunate. Totally agree with that - you never want to see anyone injured, and of course as sports fans, and WCBB fans specifically, it always hurts to see a kid go down for any reason. But personally, the greater the ass-whoopin, the higher my level of satisfaction will be... ;)

Eric, I certainly credit you for being a totally honest person. I'll have to say that I do have regrets, namely because I believe we will beat them by about the same margin in either case, as Auriemma will choose to work the ball control half court offense earlier in the game now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's unfortunate, all around. Do you really want to beat up on Maryland in their currently reduced state?
Yes.

ericsandiego said:
.Totally agree with that - you never want to see anyone injured, and of course as sports fans, and WCBB fans specifically, it always hurts to see a kid go down for any reason. But personally, the greater the ass-whoopin, the higher my level of satisfaction will be... ;)
Agreed.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
1st response is that is really tough for Brene and MD! I dont wish that on anyone:eek: I wish her the very best and for a full recovery! 2nd you hear this and cant help,but hope/pray for everyone to be healthy for us throughout the season! 3rd concerns me re Bria getting 100% healthy and she is not right now! #4 I was and am looking forward to playing MD,Duke,Wake Forest current ACC members and playing/whipping future ACC members Syracuse,Pitt, and ND at least twice! That is 7 games during the reg season of current and future ACC members!

Do we win the ACC???;) We also have business to take care with ND #2;) in the Athlon poll! wish we knew who the 2<other than Geno> voted ND #1 in the BE Poll:rolleyes:
Ira

Greetings, Ira. I've always liked your contributions and particularly that you sign your name. I have good intentions of including my name but I almost always am too lazy to add that little extra at the end (or even making it a signature line). What I particularly like about this one though, is that you did not use that bold font. :)
Kirk Sinclair
Norfolk, CT

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
It is hard to recover from 2 ACL injuries. Who's idea was it to put a redshirt on her? Whitney Bays was a talented player coming out of HS who Brenda and her stff ran out after she blew her knee out again last year vs ND. This kid is going to get recruited over because of her injury and probably get run out of town by Brenda.

Maryland will quit by the first TV timeout when we play. We are going to do that to a lot of teams we play this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we are up by 25 at half. It's embarrassing Frese gets 900,000+ a year with bonuses. Her teams are very talented but poorly coached.

Reaction Score
I hate this part of sports...injuries! Hope she is well and wish her the best of luck and to a speedy recovery

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I am fortunate enough that my work allows me to follow my two favorite programs- MD being the other. I am a huge Brenda fan. She has been remarkably kind and admire the way she has dealt with having a child with cancer and sustaining a high level program for a while now. I think she is a great coach. I also got to see quite a bit of Moseley as she developed into a key player last season. Impossible not to like when you meet her. I was crushed when I heard the news. She just wrote this for fans, which is really nice to see.

Initially, writing this I questioned if making a blog was necessary, but I think it is important that anyone who is interested understands that I am mentally, spiritually, and emotionally doing great. The past few days I have received several phone calls, voicemails, emails, and text messages from a lot of people and I just want to stress how thankful I am to be surrounded by such amazing people. What I found interesting about any love or support I received from anyone was the amount of sympathy and regret some people had for me. I think people are taking this harder than I am, but I just look at how much I grew my last surgery and I am ready to attack the task at hand. A lot of people feel sorry for me and honestly, I did the same when it first happened. I gave myself all of Sunday to get out all my tears, frustration, and anger. I asked myself the typical, “Why me?” questions, and at a point I wondered if I could do this again. I knew I was going to have to fight this obstacle in front of me, but to an extent I have been fighting my whole life. I know how far I’ve come and refuse to give up now, especially when I know I still have so much to look forward to!

I know this may sound a little weird in a way I am kind of excited because I thought I had already been through enough in my life and I guess God is saying I have so much more to learn. I already know I am going to struggle and have my days, but I am going to see if I can decrease those days more than I did my last ACL surgery. I have cried my tears, got out all my frustration and now it’s time to move forward. I am focusing on getting my body back and helping my team get another ACC championship. I may not be on the court, but I sure will be on the bench acting a complete fool.

I appreciate all the love and support from my family, friends, and Terp Nation. I am redshirting my sophomore year, but I will be back next year ready to go. If you think this team is a point guard short, you are sadly mistaken. What makes this team so special is our reaction to adversity and I can’t imagine being surrounded by a better group of women. You can go ahead and doubt this team if you want, but I guarantee you will regret it. We have been getting it done all summer, preseason, and I am too excited to see them get it done this season. Regardless of who is on the court, we are going to compete and in my opinion with our relentless work ethic, positions on the floor don’t matter.

I wrote this to show everyone that I really am in a good place. I know it’s a lot to take in, but my grandma has always taught me not to hang my head. The things I can control, I will control and the rest will be left in God’s hands. I know what is in front of me and now I just have to have enough fight and will power to get it done. I call this chapter in my life, “Courage!”

Reaction Score
I am fortunate enough that my work allows me to follow my two favorite programs- MD being the other. I am a huge Brenda fan. She has been remarkably kind and admire the way she has dealt with having a child with cancer and sustaining a high level program for a while now. I think she is a great coach. I also got to see quite a bit of Moseley as she developed into a key player last season. Impossible not to like when you meet her. I was crushed when I heard the news. She just wrote this for fans, which is really nice to see.

Initially, writing this I questioned if making a blog was necessary, but I think it is important that anyone who is interested understands that I am mentally, spiritually, and emotionally doing great. The past few days I have received several phone calls, voicemails, emails, and text messages from a lot of people and I just want to stress how thankful I am to be surrounded by such amazing people. What I found interesting about any love or support I received from anyone was the amount of sympathy and regret some people had for me. I think people are taking this harder than I am, but I just look at how much I grew my last surgery and I am ready to attack the task at hand. A lot of people feel sorry for me and honestly, I did the same when it first happened. I gave myself all of Sunday to get out all my tears, frustration, and anger. I asked myself the typical, “Why me?” questions, and at a point I wondered if I could do this again. I knew I was going to have to fight this obstacle in front of me, but to an extent I have been fighting my whole life. I know how far I’ve come and refuse to give up now, especially when I know I still have so much to look forward to!

I know this may sound a little weird in a way I am kind of excited because I thought I had already been through enough in my life and I guess God is saying I have so much more to learn. I already know I am going to struggle and have my days, but I am going to see if I can decrease those days more than I did my last ACL surgery. I have cried my tears, got out all my frustration and now it’s time to move forward. I am focusing on getting my body back and helping my team get another ACC championship. I may not be on the court, but I sure will be on the bench acting a complete fool.

I appreciate all the love and support from my family, friends, and Terp Nation. I am redshirting my sophomore year, but I will be back next year ready to go. If you think this team is a point guard short, you are sadly mistaken. What makes this team so special is our reaction to adversity and I can’t imagine being surrounded by a better group of women. You can go ahead and doubt this team if you want, but I guarantee you will regret it. We have been getting it done all summer, preseason, and I am too excited to see them get it done this season. Regardless of who is on the court, we are going to compete and in my opinion with our relentless work ethic, positions on the floor don’t matter.

I wrote this to show everyone that I really am in a good place. I know it’s a lot to take in, but my grandma has always taught me not to hang my head. The things I can control, I will control and the rest will be left in God’s hands. I know what is in front of me and now I just have to have enough fight and will power to get it done. I call this chapter in my life, “Courage!”

Props for the post! Great to see this kid's attitude:) "Courage" appropriate and wonderful how she is referring to this chapter in her life! I want to take no prisoners against MD and everyone we play!

I WILL BE ROOTING FOR HER!
IRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member