Marvelous Maya [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Marvelous Maya [merged thread]

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There was a three-picture group of Maya making a startling move in her Junior year (I think) in the Courant...
I'll try to find it.
The game was in Hartford, we attended that year.
Crowd went bonkers.

Reaction Score
I saw Maya play in person many times as a member of the Lynx. Maya left everything she had on the floor each time she played and I am so lucky so have been able to watch her career. The game winning shot in 2015, game 3 of the finals is something I will never forget!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW: a pretty fair player is one HUGE fan of Maya. Maya will be in the house today watching her play...hugs
already abound. Who is it? Check the general women's basketball board. Hmm...maybe some TV shots
of Maya today...1:00 to 3:00.

Reaction Score
One of my best memories was attending a Big East early round tournament game at the XL center when you could sit anywhere you wanted because of the light attendance. The person 1 or 2 seats to the right of me looked incredibly like Maya Moore. So I asked her about it. It turned out to be Maya's mother, who could have passed for Maya's older sister. We chit-chatted a little bit, but I didn't want to bug her. After a while Maya came by to sit a few minutes with her mother and I got to chit-chat with her a little bit. It was a good day.
San Antonio, Final Four…I was sitting near Maya’s grandparents. They couldn’t have been more gracious and humble. She comes from good people. My all time favorite player and person.

Reaction Score
Lynx fans in Minnesota were treated to 8 years of Maya! She was as great off the court as she was on. Best player I've ever seen in person, period.
Yes, we were. I was a Lynx fan from the jump and would attend games during the down years, when we had Svetlana. But watching Maya play in Minnesota was a great treat.

Reaction Score
BTW: a pretty fair player is one HUGE fan of Maya. Maya will be in the house today watching her play...hugs
already abound. Who is it? Check the general women's basketball board. Hmm...maybe some TV shots
of Maya today...1:00 to 3:00.
ESPN showed a great picture of Maya and that great player. Not gonna lie, got me in the feels department.

Reaction Score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s 9:30 a.m., but the stars are out in Iowa City. <a href="https://twitter.com/MooreMaya?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@MooreMaya</a> x <a href="https://twitter.com/CaitlinClark22?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@CaitlinClark22</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hawkeyes?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Hawkeyes</a> <a href="https://post original url/0tc7xzLeTm">pic.twitter.com/0tc7xzLeTm</a></p>&mdash; Iowa Women&#39;s Basketball (@IowaWBB) <a href="">March 3, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reaction Score
Speaking of Maya ...

She turned that corner and walked in like an Avenger. Caitlin mentions Maya first and singularly on player she admires on inspires her. What a great moment. Maya looks like she could hop on the court and still give everyone a run for their money. Also - she's clearly over 6 foot, cute to see her standing next to Caitlin.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I didn't see this posted here so wanted to share. Delete if someone already shared it. There is video of Maya walking up to Caitlin Clark and CC's starts to fangirl. I would die right there on the spot. It was cool to see a little of CC's unguarded personality. Good for her.

Reaction Score
“How would you react if you saw Maya walking around the corner toward you?“

Answer: “Great game, Maya”

My wife and I and another couple were at the XL Center the night UConn won their record breaking 89th straight game with Maya getting a career high 41 points. After the game we walked over to Jim Calhoun’s bar for a drink. As we got up to leave Maya walked in and straight toward us. When she got close I said, “ great game, Maya” and she replied simply, “thanks”. As soon as we got outside my wife, who had been walking behind me, and had heard me say something to her, asked “who was that”. Turns out she and the couple we were with hadn’t recognized her.

P.S. Once, after a game at Gampel, my wife and I walked over to the parking garage and rode the elevator up with Stef Dolson. My wife never recognized her and was shocked when I told her who it was.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I didn't see this posted here so wanted to share. Delete if someone already shared it. There is video of Maya walking up to Caitlin Clark and CC's starts to fangirl. I would die right there on the spot. It was cool to see a little of CC's unguarded personality. Good for her.

So cool!!!

Reaction Score
How I would I react if I saw Maya walking around the corner towards me?

Black Out Faint GIF by The Ringer

Reaction Score
In 1990 my Mother was in a Manhattan Hospital in NYC and I crashed into Joe DiMaggio coming out and all I could say was "Hi Joe"!
Usually if I encounter someone famous/well-known I give them their space as they usually get the loud attention and are doing private things!

Reaction Score
I'll share my Maya story - it was my first post on the Boneyard years ago. I worked at a public library and I was on the desk for a Saturday, which I rarely worked. Right after we opened, a gentlemen came to the desk and wanted some basketball scores. I directed him to the Reference desk. About 10 minutes later, he was back and asked to speak to me. He pulled a basketball card out of his pocket and put it on the counter, and asked me if I knew who it was. I looked, and said that's Maya Moore, and she's the best player in the country and she's coming to UConn. He was stunned I knew her. It was her grandfather. We chatted for a bit and he was on his way. The reference librarian knew I was a big UConn fan, so he had sent him back to me. He was gracious, so kind - just good people. I'm not surprised that Maya is such a wonderful human being. She comes from great family.

Reaction Score
I'll share my Maya story - it was my first post on the Boneyard years ago. I worked at a public library and I was on the desk for a Saturday, which I rarely worked. Right after we opened, a gentlemen came to the desk and wanted some basketball scores. I directed him to the Reference desk. About 10 minutes later, he was back and asked to speak to me. He pulled a basketball card out of his pocket and put it on the counter, and asked me if I knew who it was. I looked, and said that's Maya Moore, and she's the best player in the country and she's coming to UConn. He was stunned I knew her. It was her grandfather. We chatted for a bit and he was on his way. The reference librarian knew I was a big UConn fan, so he had sent him back to me. He was gracious, so kind - just good people. I'm not surprised that Maya is such a wonderful human being. She comes from great family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom