Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People are way too down on Samson. He's had some good moments. He fouls too much, but he also really didn't get regular minutes much until this year. Next year he'll be a very good starting center. He'll be a downgrade from the last two...but because Sanogo and Clingan were that good. But I expect something like 11 and 7 with fewer fouls.
Nobody is trying to dump on Samson, he's just not the level of our top 6(7?), and that's ok. He's good enough to be a rotation guy on the best team in the country, that's not bad.

Reaction Score
When we talk about Hurley and whether he needs to cool it with the fans. Nah, he needs to keep doing what he's doing. These kids freaking love him. We talk about identity, our identity is Hurley. Dude, has created an insane culture and he's coaching circles around college basketball right now.
IMG_20240316_220631.jpg

Reaction Score
Seriously. Keep them away from us. Teams that have never actually played us are at a huge disadvantage. And Shaka's a good coach. Give them Kolek and another shot, and while I still think we'll win, it's going to be much more challenging than the last two.
We wont play unless its at the final 4. No way they put the two best teams in the conference in the same bracket.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When we talk about Hurley and whether he needs to cool it with the fans. Nah, he needs to keep doing what he's doing. These kids freaking love him. We talk about identity, our identity is Hurley. Dude, has created an insane culture and he's coaching circles around college basketball right now. View attachment 97760
I don't think the fighting with fans is why they love him.

Reaction Score
I bailed on the chat after a few minutes. Actually made for a much better experience.
I only look during breaks. I don't look while the game is going on

Reaction Score
People are way too down on Samson. He's had some good moments. He fouls too much, but he also really didn't get regular minutes much until this year. Next year he'll be a very good starting center. He'll be a downgrade from the last two...but because Sanogo and Clingan were that good. But I expect something like 11 and 7 with fewer fouls.
People got way too spoiled by the Sanogo/Clingan rotation last year. Samson obviously has his flaws but not alot of teams have legit backup Cs and certainly not one like Samson who has changed the flow of a game in our favor multiple games this year as soon as he checked in .

Reaction Score
Nobody is trying to dump on Samson, he's just not the level of our top 6(7?), and that's ok. He's good enough to be a rotation guy on the best team in the country, that's not bad.
It has only been a game or two since his play changed the entire flow of the game.

Reaction Score
The TV people will be looking for a new monkey. Uconn hasn't beaten a ranked team on Wednesdays before noon.
It is really nice having obliterated all the "bad records."

We beat a ranked team on the road.
We won the conference regular season.
We won the conference tournament.
We're going to be a #1 seed (haven't in 15 years).
We're probably going to be the #1 overall seed for the first time ever.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It has only been a game or two since his play changed the entire flow of the game.
He's had great games. He's really talented. I'm looking forward to his improvements next season. I really wasn't trying to dump on him, the point was to highlight Stewarts breakout.

Reaction Score
And ESPN leads with:

UConn wins 8th Big East tournament title, first since 2011​

Hard to win it when you're not in the conference for several years. Guess it's more notoable than winning two National Championships since 2011. Finally acknowledges that we just achieved most Big East championships in conference history. Right, despite not being in the conference for several years.

Reaction Score
SJ will continue to improve in a jerky jerky fashion and contribute significantly to our run at a repeat. Kid wants to be good.

Reaction Score
Amazing job finishing an amazing Big East season. Clingan was awesome. Another nice showing by Stewie who is gaining confidence at the right time. I have no idea what was going on in the first half, by either team, but second half they killed it. Really looking forward to next week and the start of hopefully another strong run.

Reaction Score
And ESPN leads with:

UConn wins 8th Big East tournament title, first since 2011​

Hard to win it when you're not in the conference for several years. Guess it's more notoable than winning two National Championships since 2011. Finally acknowledges that we just achieved most Big East championships in conference history. Right, despite not being in the conference for several years.
Agree how ridiculous it is folks keep saying that. It's like sending an email on Friday afternoon and complaining that it took 3 days to get a response on Monday...I mean, technically it's true, but context is important

Reaction Score
The intros to the BET Finals remain goosebumps stuff. A uniquely BE thing for a NYC tournament. I was ready to run thru a wall when the Hypnotize beat came on.
I was confused by them playing California Love, was glad when it switched but didn't make sense during Marquette's intro

Reaction Score
I was confused by them playing California Love, was glad when it switched but didn't make sense during Marquette's intro

If I was Marquette I would have been much angrier if they kept the Van Halen on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom