Marquette Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Marquette Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
We had 4 points the last 8 minutes of the game. The stall strategy does nothing but let teams back in the game.
Yet less than half of that time was in whatever people here think is a prevent offense. The issue was nobody was making shots, and that includes they got an open shot early and just missed it

Reaction Score
He needs to get rid of the ball rather than hold the ball and hope for the foul, which is what he was doing. Spencer and Karaban are both excellent free throw shooters, and Castle has been really good lately too, so Newton can pass to them. I'm sure the coaches will talk to him about that.
Knowing the refs needed to see blood before calling a foul on Marquette should have resulted in changing the usual strategy of trying to draw a foul. Spreading the floor, and/or running their motion and not getting trapped along a boundary line would have been a good adjustment. I'm sure Hurley will have them do things differently next time in this type of game.

Reaction Score
Is it me or these networks only list and speak to negative UConn stats?
We have not beaten a ranked team on the road since 2014. Not understanding how going to Seattle to beat Gonzaga is not considered a road game.
They never list any negatives about our opponents. When was the last time Marquette won a national title?
Just us.
It's just you, the last 4 months have been a 2 hour promo for UConn every game. It's amazing

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
It's unreal. I'm curious what percentage of Yarders get the reference. He's drinking sake on a Sazuki in Osaka Bay.
I don't get the reference, and don't know who that person is. But I see the two rings and that's the important part

Reaction Score
Shaky at the end but great overall play and win.

AK snapped out of it big time and Cam lives for this stuff.

Clingan was getting fouled the entire game while Oso was allowed to push off for his scores.

He must have swung his elbow more than 500 times at Clingan. I bet he doesn't get away with that in the NCAA tourney.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
It's unreal. I'm curious what percentage of Yarders get the reference. He's drinking sake on a Sazuki in Osaka Bay.
I haven't a clue, but if you ask my teenage son that's par for the course.

I guess I'm officially old and out of touch.

Reaction Score
It's just you, the last 4 months have been a 2 hour promo for UConn every game. It's amazing
They absolutely do love to point out anything negative about Uconn . Most likely a way to draw interest in viewers for FS1. How many times did they flash the stat about the road wins? The stats they don’t convey is #1 in overall scoring margin +17.3, #4 in scoring margin on the road. The conclusion can be drawn that none of those outcomes in the past have any barring on the current game. Chalk it up to a fluke and shut up about it. Looking forward to a Friar beat down Saturday..

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He needs to get rid of the ball rather than hold the ball and hope for the foul, which is what he was doing. Spencer and Karaban are both excellent free throw shooters, and Castle has been really good lately too, so Newton can pass to them. I'm sure the coaches will talk to him about that.
Lots of learning can (and will) come from everything we witnessed during the final 7 minutes, after Cam's restraint in NOT throwing his fist after 'sealing the win' on that 2x-speed 3-ball resulted in the T that UConn MBB nonetheless added as video to complement the leading by-the-numbers Instagram that touted his unprecedented 3-1 A-to-TO ratio on top of the current 50-40-90 in progress.

Bonus: there will be a workshop opportunity to apply the lessons on Saturday night, in a hostile environment, against another 'desperate' team.

But first, a note of admiration for Marquette's use of hands and arms and bodies to draw 13 fouls on Castle, Diarra, Karaban, Newton, and Spencer, while limiting that same quintet to 4-4 from the line. Until those tense closing minutes, nobody on Marquette had more than 2 fouls called on them. Very impressive.

If not mentioned already,
KenPom Defense now at 14

Reaction Score
Rock fight at the Dunk.

Yeah @uconnfan68 it will be worst. Last night made the refs look awful, that’s nothing compared to what we’ll see Saturday night. PC needs it, they will be bumping and holding everywhere and there will be very few calls. Key again is DC staying out of foul trouble but with Oduro who is a nice player but a hack, this will be tough to do. Get ready!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I want Stewie near the rim more when he gets run. His shot is obviously off right now. As I always say, Hurley will never punish you for attacking the rim.

I agree but if the flow of the offense has him catching the ball squared up at the 3 point line and defense isn't rotating to him, he has to shoot it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like Slamson but hes still making the same mistakes he was making in November. Like dude do you not yet know how to set a pick without fouling? Seriously?!!!

Johnson still shows so many characteristics of a player who isn't used to playing games. As fluid as he can be, he's also very mechanical in much of what he does.

And few things piss me off more than bigs wasting fouls on moving Screens and picks. Your job is to literally stand still. Your highest win probability is to stand still and do nothing. And any movement you make instantly increases the chance of failure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom