Marquette/Kansas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Marquette/Kansas

Reaction Score
Bullies don’t like getting bullied. Love watching Self in the second half. His team made a few runs but you could tell pretty early in the second half how the game was going to play out and you could see that Self came to that conclusion as well.
Yeah, gotta love his meltdown when he realizes resistance was futile

Reaction Score
Nick T would’ve been a better player here more than likely but not close to the overall impact Cam has and will continue to have. Luck is a wonderful thing at times.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I mean, it's absolutely silly in that we really, really wanted Timberlake. Did we talk to Cam before he hit the Portal? My guess: Yes. I don't think he even leaves Rutgers otherwise. So maybe true, but highly misleading.
One of the all time great movie lines was from The Sting when after losing a big poker hand that he had fixed in his favor, Robert Shaw said " What was I supposed to do, accuse him of cheating better than me?".

Kansas has recruited on the wrong side of the rules for so long that their fan base assumes that anyone with any success is also cheating and, those who have been more successful must be cheating better than they are.

The irony here was that Timberlake was very likely headed here until Kansas out bid us for his services and that is what opened the door for Spencer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Shaka is a damned good coach who made a horrible decision going to a football state. Fun game to watch
He had other choices including one very close to our hearts:cool::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Got this from a Kansas board.

Posted on 20 hrs, , User Since 8 months ago, User Post Count: 41

No. UConn Tampered with spencer and committed to UConn before he even hit the portal.
Hahaha. Thanks for sharing. So much sour grapes and their big bag of cash for Timberlake was a waste. What infuriates me about Kansas and Duke is that they believe if they want a player, it’s a done deal. So entitled. Maybe they need to understand is everyone doesn’t aspire to go to those schools.

Reaction Score
A little lack of awareness....lol. Kansas with Self has broken more recruiting rules than anyone. If DH "tampered" :rolleyes: good for him....you can be sure whatever DH did (or didn't do) pales in comparison to the stench level of Self.
Most kids lknow where they are going before they hit the portal. I assume Spencer picked uconn. It was no secret uconn needed a shooter

Reaction Score
Which, by the way, is exactly the problem we face. Clingan couldn't handle Gold last year.

I'm more interested in the steals. Purdue is going to be ready for the overplay on the passing lanes, and that aggressiveness does open lanes to the rim. It's a risky, gambling defense.

We have Samson and they don’t!

Reaction Score
I mean, it's absolutely silly in that we really, really wanted Timberlake. Did we talk to Cam before he hit the Portal? My guess: Yes. I don't think he even leaves Rutgers otherwise. So maybe true, but highly misleading.
I'm not so sure about that. Was there any previous relationship between someone on the UConn coaching staff and Spencer? I don't know of any. Murray maybe? Don't think Spencer looked at UConn before when he transferred to Rutgers. So do you think the UConn coaches were looking all around the country at who was a good fit and pinpointed Spencer and reached out to him? Seems kind of far fetched unless they had some previous relationship.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm not so sure about that. Was there any previous relationship between someone on the UConn coaching staff and Spencer? I don't know of any. Murray maybe? Don't think Spencer looked at UConn before when he transferred to Rutgers. So do you think the UConn coaches were looking all around the country at who was a good fit and pinpointed Spencer and reached out to him? Seems kind of far fetched unless they had some previous relationship.
I'm not saying we initiated it. I'm simply saying a discussion likely occurred. Some kids know they have no role or will find a take at a higher level, and enter the portal. Timberlake for example. Newton too. Some kids are already pretty well set and will enter the portal for a better situation. But they aren't going into the portal until they know that better situation is pretty solid and agreed. Spencer is the latter.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Most kids lknow where they are going before they hit the portal. I assume Spencer picked uconn. It was no secret uconn needed a shooter
Plus the Pikeil connection. He still bleeds blue, I mean I remember when he was playing with such a bad shoulder he shot his free throws left handed.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Smart gets it. Shot selection is key in being a great team. Kansas wasted so many baseline shots and turned the ball over a bunch.

View attachment 93295

You only see a shot chart like Marquette’s when the other team is playing poor interior defense. It should be easy to defend a team that is only shooting 3’s and layups/dunks, unless your center doesn’t care about defense.

Reaction Score
Not that we didn't already know this....

But should Kansas fans be concerned? In short: Yes.

There are two glaring issues with Kansas at this point in the season. First and foremost, the Jayhawks lack shooting. Secondly, there is a shortage of depth.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying we initiated it. I'm simply saying a discussion likely occurred. Some kids know they have no role or will find a take at a higher level, and enter the portal. Timberlake for example. Newton too. Some kids are already pretty well set and will enter the portal for a better situation. But they aren't going into the portal until they know that better situation is pretty solid and agreed. Spencer is the latter.
O.K. that could definitely be the case. Is it tampering if the player reached out to a school before entering the portal?

Reaction Score
And flop. Can’t wait for the over/under on Dickinson flopping near Clingan.

Yeah huh. Big boy loves to instigate then fall down and whine to the stripes. Dislike him.

Reaction Score
Got this from a Kansas board.

Posted on 20 hrs, , User Since 8 months ago, User Post Count: 41

No. UConn Tampered with spencer and committed to UConn before he even hit the portal.
From what I remember, Georgetown was considered the early favorite for Spencer. In fact, Cooley was accused of tampering on Twitter (I know, I know, Twitter noise doesn’t mean a thing). Still, even the infamous Trilly Donovan suggested the Hoyas led initially. He probably knows more than a random Kansas message board poster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom