Marquette/Kansas | The Boneyard

Marquette/Kansas

Reaction Score
Marquette looks good up 15 on Kansas in the second half. Kansas only scored 28 in the first half.

Reaction Score
Yea Marquette playing scrappy tough nosed big east basketball, offense has been stalling though

Reaction Score
Yea Marquette playing scrappy tough nosed big east basketball, offense has been stalling though
I'm impressed with Marquette. KU not used to intense in your face Big East D. The Jayhawks seemed to have lost their composure and kept on taking quick shots and cheating too much on D.

Neither team shot the ball well in the latter part of second half, though KU sucked more so.

I think both teams will be near the top come March, but KU has work to do improving their execution, shooting, defending and decision making. Hum... I think they're better than what they showed tonight. Definitely not #1 worthy at this point in the season.

Reaction Score
Smart gets it. Shot selection is key in being a great team. Kansas wasted so many baseline shots and turned the ball over a bunch.

1700633082979.png

Reaction Score
I'm impressed with Marquette. KU not used to intense in your face Big East D. The Jayhawks seemed to have lost their composure and kept on taking quick shots and cheating too much on D.

Neither team shot the ball well in the latter part of second half, though KU sucked more so.

I think both teams will be near the top come March, but KU has work to do improving their execution, shooting, defending and decision making. Hum... I think they're better than what they showed tonight. Definitely not #1 worthy at this point in the season.
KU isnt a good shooting team and that spells trouble. Theyre ripe to get picked off early. Marquette is really good. Its going ot be fun playing them this season and it will only make both teams better. We could potentially play Marq and Crayton 6 times this season and im all for it. Steel sharpens steel.

Reaction Score
What a win for the Big East! Unfortunately Kansas won't be #1 when we visit, but now we have at least 2 chances to beat Marquette who will be Top 3-5 all year likely
Does not matter, a road win at Kansas happens almost never. Get it done, they are thin and overated.

Reaction Score
KU not used to intense in your face Big East D. The Jayhawks seemed to have lost their composure and kept on taking quick shots.
This.

Immediately, I noticed KU looking flustered against Shaka Smart's patented pressure defense. Even DaJuan Harris, a senior point guard who is one of the most composed in the nation, looked rattled.

Kansas is one of the best teams in the nation, clearly, but Marquette is deeper and more balanced.

Few teams have a better top-eight than Marquette and I love their combination of aggressive D w/ their unselfish offense that is both comfortable from three and they've got plenty of weapons that can break down the D and create their own offense.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well now we know that Marquette was not over ranked. Not saying anyone said they were, they remind me of us. They play connected the sum of the parts is way better that just the parts alone. Two things I was thinking. UConn defends the paint way better than Kansas imo, Samson has the quickness and athleticism to make Ighodaro work for his shots. The Marquette big is better than he was last year and he gave us fits. To big for Sanogo to quick for Clingan. I have no idea how anyone is going to stay in front of Jones but as noted we defend the basket better than Kansas so hopefully we can discourage that penetration with the shot blocking ability of Clingan and Samson. I have not watched Creighton but after watching the two games Marquette has played in HI, we have at least two of the top three teams in the country in our conference. Kansas will be a different team in Allen FH wish we could have played them and Gonzaga on a more neutral court. But both games will sharpen us for the BE.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This.

Immediately, I noticed KU looking flustered against Shaka Smart's patented pressure defense. Even DaJuan Harris, a senior point guard who is one of the most composed in the nation, looked rattled.

Kansas is one of the best teams in the nation, clearly, but Marquette is deeper and more balanced.

Few teams have a better top-eight than Marquette and I love their combination of aggressive D w/ their unselfish offense that is both comfortable from three and they've got plenty of weapons that can break down the D and create their own offense.
Bullies don’t like getting bullied. Love watching Self in the second half. His team made a few runs but you could tell pretty early in the second half how the game was going to play out and you could see that Self came to that conclusion as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom