Marquette game now a sellout! | The Boneyard

Marquette game now a sellout!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
303CED13-3E7B-4858-A11C-FBE8F10E7263.jpeg

Reaction Score
If you're going to the game, I heard on the radio that Hartford will be extra congested due to the day long festivities and the sold out UConn game. I suspect a good amount of this is just PR. Game over at 3:00? I don't think Hartford will be a wild and crazy place at that hour.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What else is there to do at 1:00 in the afternoon in Connecticut?
Game over at 3:00? I don't think Hartford will be a wild and crazy place at that hour.
I know folks in gated communities like to disparage Hartford but First Night has been a thing for years. And Hartford was pretty crazy for the men's game just a few days ago. 15,000 people is 15,000 people.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I know folks in gated communities like to disparage Hartford but First Night has been a thing for years. And Hartford was pretty crazy for the men's game just a few days ago. 15,000 people is 15,000 people.
Technically the XL Center holds 16,294 for Basketball…:rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I live in the city of Orlando, not in a gated community. I moved down 5 years ago from the state where I was born and lived all but 5 years of my life. But, thanks for the sarcasm

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Actually Kibitzer used to say its the Veterans Memorial Coliseum and should not be called the XL Center

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I live in the city of Orlando, not in a gated community. I moved down 5 years ago from the state where I was born and lived all but 5 years of my life. But, thanks for the sarcasm
So that makes taking shots OK?

Reaction Score
Technically, your information is years out of date. In the words of Jim Calhoun "Why don't you get some facts and get back to us?"
I'm not sure where you're getting your facts but everything I've read, including XL Center website, says it seats 16,294 for basketball (15,600 for hockey).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
JMO folks if UConn wins their next 2 games against Marquette and Creighton both ranked and with some of the teams ranked above us who will be playing ranked/tuff teams and no more cupcakes I would think UConn will move up quite a bit in the polls. The quicker we get the rust off from the holiday layoff the better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
JMO folks if UConn wins their next 2 games against Marquette and Creighton both ranked and with some of the teams ranked above us who will be playing ranked/tuff teams and no more cupcakes I would think UConn will move up quite a bit in the polls. The quicker we get the rust off from the holiday layoff the better.
You'd think so, but I am fine with a slow but steady creep back up the polls, so long as we end up with decent seeding at the end of the season.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
You'd think so, but I am fine with a slow but steady creep back up the polls, so long as we end up with decent seeding at the end of the season.
You realize we really only have 5 games left against opponents who can really help us with our NET ranking right? Creighton (2x), Notre Dame, South Carolina and at Marquette. Beating the likes of PC, Georgetown and SJU, no matter how much they "seem to have improved within the league" helps us with our seeding for the tournament. Our goal has to be top 8 and to garner the Albany region.

Realistically, Texas, Kansas State, Colorado and USC should all fall below us due to their schedules within the NET but we need NC State to come back to earth and suffer a few bad losses so their NET takes a hit. That would leave SC, UCLA, Baylor, Iowa, LSU ahead of us with Stanford and NC State as probable's that we need to have some hiccups. A good game at SC even if a loss, would be ok for us to incur but but we need to keep showing improvement and dominance against the weaker teams.

I like this team but our league is doing us no favors this year. Most likely we are just a 3 bid league this year and despite Geno's statement that the league winner will not go undefeated this year, we need to go undefeated as we should given our talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom