Marketing department email? | The Boneyard

Marketing department email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
He actually isn't. The marketing and coverage of UConn football is very minor league. The premise behind having "UConn people" in these positions has a bit of legs. I don't know if coverage of UConn football would be better if, let's say, the beat writer for our state's flagship paper wasn't a Fruit fan and was, instead a UConn fan. But it would probably lead to less bickering/fighting with the fanbase.

Reaction Score
It can't be that hard.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372209284.192421.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
It can't be that hard. View attachment 3150

That is exactly what UConn should be doing on the rails. West Point really isn't that far and is a beautiful stadium/area. Really enjoyed my trip when UConn played there a few years ago.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Yeah. And I took a piss in a bar the other day and there was Charger signs up.

Why have we allowed the Chargers to dominate the San Diego urinal market???

BTW, it takes more than watching Mad Men to understand marketing. And there is more to it than what color tie you wear.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
We've proven multiple times that we all don't agree on much but have always stepped up when we have a common charitable goal.

I give as much to various charities as my family and my business can afford but am always looking to give back a little more than I thought I could.

I would only participate if someone smarter than me can figure out the logistics, but how do we start a BY fund to buy a month of billboard space somewhere along 95? There would have to be a defined benefit for a certain charity but could also include great exposure for UConn Football.

I say we pick a charity we all agree upon and offer some sort of twitter shoutout to anyone who donates or re-tweets. I know NOTHING about social media so I look to the rest of you jackasses to polish this idea for me.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah. And I took a piss in a bar the other day and there was Charger signs up.

Why have we allowed the Chargers to dominate the San Diego urinal market???

BTW, it takes more than watching Mad Men to understand marketing. And there is more to it than what color tie you wear.

I blame Philip Rivers.

HFD is out of his mind, but UConn is actually more clueless on marketing than he is.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I blame Philip Rivers.

HFD is out of his mind, but UConn is actually more clueless on marketing than he is.

It's kind of incredible when you think about it.

UConn is a flagship state university, located in between NYC and Boston that has had as much success as UNC and Duke (who I think are the two biggest national hoop brands) in hoops the past 20 years or so, but it still seems like were an a notch below other programs in national perception.

I almost feel like UConn basketball has the same national cache as the San Antonio Spurs. Where the Spurs have won 4 titles since 1999 and have had as much success as anybody, but they just aren't on the national conscience like they should be.

UConn Football? Forget about it.

How Hathaway didn't capitalize on this success and subsequently how he wasn't fired is honestly like just downright puzzling and infuriating.

U

UConn9604

I would only participate if someone smarter than me can figure out the logistics, but how do we start a BY fund to buy a month of billboard space somewhere along 95? There would have to be a defined benefit for a certain charity but could also include great exposure for UConn Football.

During the heart of the recession, a single Mom bought prime Fairfield County billboard space along I-95 for $2,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/19/nyregion/connecticut/19billboardct.html?_r=0

Reaction Score
Dan isn't completely crazy. I'm sitting on the train looking at posters for Army football.

Who can I email at UConn about this?

IMG COLLEGE/UCONN SPORTS MARKETING
Phone: (860) 904-7740/Fax: (860) 904-7751
Mailing Address: IMG College, 100 Allyn Street, 2nd Floor, Hartford, CT 06103
Tom Murphy General Manager tom.murphy@imgworld.com
Erik Antico Account Executive erik.antico@imgworld.com
Bill Datre Senior Account Executive bill.datre@imgworld.com
Scott Dolch Senior Account Executive scott.dolch@imgworld.com
Kevin Hickey Senior Account Executive kevin.hickey@imgworld.com
Greg Ferrara Partner Services Coordinator gregory.ferrara@imgworld.com
Libby McCormick Partner Services Coordinator libby.mccormick@imgworld.com

MARKETING & CORPORATE RELATIONS
Phone: (860) 486-2387/Fax: (860) 486-3831
Mailing Address: 2111 Hillside Road Unit 1078 Storrs, CT 06269
Dave Evan Associate Director of Athletics/External Operations david.evan@uconn.edu
Phil Dwire Director of Digital Media philip.dwire@uconn.edu
John Seagrave Assistant Director of Marketing/Tickets and Fan Development
john.seagrave@uconn.edu

Casey Doyle Marketing Assistant casey.doyle@uconn.edu

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html#img

The fact that UCONN has a whole department, that has the label IMG College/UCONN Sports Marketing as well as a department label Marketing & Corporate Relations? Interesting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG COLLEGE/UCONN SPORTS MARKETING
Phone: (860) 904-7740/Fax: (860) 904-7751
Mailing Address: IMG College, 100 Allyn Street, 2nd Floor, Hartford, CT 06103
Tom Murphy General Manager tom.murphy@imgworld.com
Erik Antico Account Executive erik.antico@imgworld.com
Bill Datre Senior Account Executive bill.datre@imgworld.com
Scott Dolch Senior Account Executive scott.dolch@imgworld.com
Kevin Hickey Senior Account Executive kevin.hickey@imgworld.com
Greg Ferrara Partner Services Coordinator gregory.ferrara@imgworld.com
Libby McCormick Partner Services Coordinator libby.mccormick@imgworld.com

MARKETING & CORPORATE RELATIONS
Phone: (860) 486-2387/Fax: (860) 486-3831
Mailing Address: 2111 Hillside Road Unit 1078 Storrs, CT 06269
Dave Evan Associate Director of Athletics/External Operations david.evan@uconn.edu
Phil Dwire Director of Digital Media philip.dwire@uconn.edu
John Seagrave Assistant Director of Marketing/Tickets and Fan Development
john.seagrave@uconn.edu

Casey Doyle Marketing Assistant casey.doyle@uconn.edu

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/school-bio/staff-directory.html#img

The fact that UCONN has a whole department, that has the label IMG College/UCONN Sports Marketing as well as a department label Marketing & Corporate Relations? Interesting.
cc Herbst on it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Maybe we should make some prototype posters and send them to marketing. I know it's not our job but come on. Attach some posters we've seen from other schools, like the Army one, and ask what the heck is going on. Seriously, this is why it's frustrating to believe we're (UConn) doing all we can.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I will. Just need to write something thoughtful. I've been invited to her box for the Maryland game along with some of the other NYC Chapter members. So at least SHE cares about NYC.

Tell her the following
-I say hi.
- this sport is called football, its very aggressive at times.
- fire everyone in the ath dept.

Thanks

Hfd

Reaction Score
Jmoney - IDK. Going to the president with questions like this is asking for micromanagement. Tread lightly.

I saw your comment/question about the Army posters on the Metro North New Haven Line (on the Hudson Line - fine - but the NH line is UCONN territory, 100% without a doubt!!! )

I didn't know the answer myself, so I went to the athletic department website and clicked on staff directory. I posted what I found. Truthfully, I'm more confused as to who to contact now, and what the best answer is to your question now - after looking at the actually staff directory, and perhaps that would be a good way to broach the subject, with the university president and not be coming across as looking for the micromanaging. Just my thoughts.

My best guess as to who to contact with your questions/comments about the Army posters on the New Haven line, would be the Seagrave or Evan guy in the Marketing and Corportate dept based in Storrs, but it's only a guess, and a poor one at that. Because what the hell is all that IMG staff for in Hartford? What do they do? What do they have control / authority over regarding marketing and what kinds of marketing we can do and how? What did Hathaway get us into with IMG? I really know nothing about IMG other than the contract involves a lot of money, and was for a long term, and now what I know today - that we've got an entire staff in Hartford apparently being paid by UCONN, as they are listed on the staff directory, but apparently have emails based with IMG, which suggest that they work for IMG?

Is this how IMG works with all of their intercollegiate products? Do they have separate offices set up for their own needs within each school athletic department? If so - fine - what what do they do?

These are things that I have no answers for, and have encountered in trying to answer your simple question.

I would keep it very simple though, and ask her the same question you asked here - Who at UCONN can I email about this?

P.S. FInd out about all the IMG stuff when your at the game in Sept!

Reaction Score
I made 2 or 3 sets of those U-C-O-N-N letters at my own expense and hand delivered them to the cheerleaders. The players started the Husky Walk. Skibbs came up with the great idea to send a few young fans to the Fiesta Bowl. Lurker wants to rent billboard space on I-95! These are all fantastic ideas with modest effort from fans ... and I'm sure there are a lot more ideas that I don't know about or forgot.

The crazy part is ... imagine if a paid professional spent full time hours marketing UCONN???

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I made 2 or 3 sets of those U-C-O-N-N letters at my own expense and hand delivered them to the cheerleaders. The players started the Husky Walk. Skibbs came up with the great idea to send a few young fans to the Fiesta Bowl. Lurker wants to rent billboard space on I-95! These are all fantastic ideas with modest effort from fans ... and I'm sure there are a lot more ideas that I don't know about or forgot.

The crazy part is ... imagine if a paid professional spent full time hours marketing UCONN???

A paid professional? Seriously? Do you even know what a paid professional maketing person does?

These threads are pathetic. Put a billboard up on the 95 now we have marketing?

Seriously, its like saying let's have a bake sale to make up the difference between the AAC and the B1G.

Making letters for the cheerleaders is very cool. Fun. I applaude you for it.

But don't pretend it solves anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22