Mark Sears | The Boneyard

Mark Sears

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Wil be a much more difficult assignment than we are used to as he shoots out to 35 feet

I got about 45 seconds and stopped after I saw about 6 layups in a row that would have been swatted by our guys. Layups like that where there are defenders in and around the paint and don't even try to alter the shot just don't happen.

He can definitely shoot but, like @tzznandrew said, if we're gonna lose because he turns into prime Steph Curry, then it just wasn't meant to be.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Form what I’ve watched he is like a combination of Steph Curry and Ray Allen. Castle is a great defender but I just don’t believe Sears can be stopped. He’s on a mission.
We might be having to try some twists on D . Maybe a triangle and 2 defense with Castle and Diarra both face guarding him at same time. We can only hope to slow him and with the lightning pace they play at it is a tall order.

Reaction Score
I’m sure the defensive game plan will be to be in Sears jock the whole game and stop him from creating space so he could take 3’s. He only scored 8 points last year in 35 minutes. Yes, Miller was option one and the focus of our defense then but Sears will be the focus of Castle/Diarra for Saturday. I also don't see Nelson doing much against Clingan nor Estrada against our defense and we shouldn’t have much of a problem controlling the boards.

My only worry is foul trouble. We can’t afford getting 2 early fouls from anyone, especially Clingan and Johnson. Bama has a good team FT percentage. There were 49 total free throws last year.

Reaction Score
Just wait till he has Steph Castle in his face for 40 mins…he will be lucky to get a shot off from half court

Reaction Score
He reminds me a bit of jalen Brunson
I agree with a poster on selected double teams. Force someone else to make plays. Take the ball out of his hands

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Form what I’ve watched he is like a combination of Steph Curry and Ray Allen. Castle is a great defender but I just don’t believe Sears can be stopped. He’s on a mission.
We might be having to try some twists on D . Maybe a triangle and 2 defense with Castle and Diarra both face guarding him at same time. We can only hope to slow him and with the lightning pace they play at it is a tall order.
Bama-2.jpg

Doom2.jpg

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Sears worse than that junior dude from Illinois. Incoming 3-20 shooting for Sears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom