Marinatto's asst (from Providence) named BE Commish. | The Boneyard

Marinatto's asst (from Providence) named BE Commish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just kidding. Aaakkk.

Just waiting for my total lack of confidence in the Providence morons to be justified once again.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is what I'd like to do to you. No offense. :)

Reaction Score
Todd_Headlock.jpg
:D

Reaction Score
I deserve that kick. Sorry.

It worked because it was in the realm of belief because out faith in the BE is so low.

Reaction Score
No apology necessary. I thought it was actually a humorous way to break up a dreary Wednesday afternnoon with no meaningful football news.

Reaction Score
You got me. I thought for a split second, were fugged !!!

Reaction Score
I never flinched Pal. Susan Herbst would never let that happen.

Reaction Score
Just kidding. Aaakkk.

Just waiting for my total lack of confidence in the Providence morons to be justified once again.

See, I just don't get this. You understand, don't you, that neither the recently deposed Commissioner nor his predecessors get to appoint the new Commissioner? That only a vote of the members can do that?

So the only "morons" in whom you might have a "total lack of confidence" that would justify this post is the Big East members institutions themselves. Which would, of course, have nothing to do with anything relating to Providence (except to the extent that Providence College is entitled to one vote).

Reaction Score
See, I just don't get this. You understand, don't you, that neither the recently deposed Commissioner nor his predecessors get to appoint the new Commissioner? That only a vote of the members can do that?

So the only "morons" in whom you might have a "total lack of confidence" that would justify this post is the Big East members institutions themselves. Which would, of course, have nothing to do with anything relating to Providence (except to the extent that Providence College is entitled to one vote).

Don't be silly. The commish job has been handed from Providence guy to Providence guy to Providence guy. The Presidents thought they were in good hands. They were wrong and have paid dearly for that misjudgement. They were misled by the morons, yes morons, from Providence.

Reaction Score
Right. They made three straight bad hires and it's not on them but the guys they hired. I pray you aren't managing a business with someone elses money.

Reaction Score
I will guarantee you that a basketball only school will never lead this conference, unless there is a split. I must admit, the title of this thread really bothered me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I saw the title my eyes openned wide and in my head I was hearing "No, No, NO, NO."

CL82

Reaction Score
I saw the title my eyes openned wide and in my head I was hearing "No, No, NO, NO."

I too much a gentleman to call you a dick...but I'm thinking it.

CL82

Reaction Score
I am too much of a gentleman to call you a dick on the board...but I'm thinking it.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Can't we puhleeeese have a hanging for this one. Makes me ashamed to live near the District.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I think we should let this thread fall down the page by not responding to it.

Wait, what do you mean I just bumped it?!?

Reaction Score
Right. They made three straight bad hires and it's not on them but the guys they hired. I pray you aren't managing a business with someone elses money.
They didn't hire Gavitt, he created the league and hand picked his successor. They deferred to Providence in the hiring of Marinatto. While they are not blameless, they the advice of the pros. Unfortunately the pros turned out to be morons from Providence.

I can fault them for not asking me. I have been complaining about these guys for 20 years.

Reaction Score
I'll admit - I had to look. I didn't believe it, but I still had to look. Would not have shocked me if true.

Reaction Score

This is true. Although I don't think every hire was a bad hire. But look, the Catholics are the Catholics for a reason - they don't believe much in change, or proactivity. In fact, they probably define conservative values and outlook. They are the bastion of resistance to modernization and change. The priests exercised a lot of control over this conference, not exclusive, but enough that they could influence movement. We were a sailboat with the anchor out: we could still move, just not as fast as the other boats with the anchors on board. I still don't blame Marinatto. He had zero chance with these competing factions. He is funny looking though, and that never helps anything. I speak from experience . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom