Margo's Take on Lady Vols vs South Carolina | The Boneyard

Margo's Take on Lady Vols vs South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Game is on ESPNU or streamed on ESPN3 2:30 PM Today.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
This is a big time game for the Lady Vols.
Win big and they can keep their National hopes alive.
Lose and they become irrelevant.

Reaction Score
You hear what Margo says about South Carolina and Dawn Staley. Exactly right, Margo. All of wbb nation needs to take heed, because Margo, despite her obvious bias, knows what she's talking about and she doesn't mince words. Dawn is creating a giant, LVs are likely to be the first big name that's going to lose pride of place to the Gamecocks. But not likely to be the last.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't think South Carolina is in the running for the National Championship this year. I also don't see them making the Final Four. However, next year, they should be considered as one of the favorites to reach the Final Four and a potential National Championship team.

You hear what Margo says about South Carolina and Dawn Staley. Exactly right, Margo. All of wbb nation needs to take heed, because Margo, despite her obvious bias, knows what she's talking about and she doesn't mince words. Dawn is creating a giant, LVs are likely to be the first big name that's going to lose pride of place to the Gamecocks. But not likely to be the last.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am very much looking forward to watching this game. I think it's a big game for both teams. Neither team has defeated a top ranked team this year. Tenn's best win is against No Carolina, a team that beat S Car. S Car's best win is against an up-and-down Kentucky team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have seen Dawn Staley regularly in PA at PSU. I have never been impressed by her as a coach. I think she has benefited from participating in USA Basketball as a coach. I do believe she has significantly raised her game this year BUT she still really hasn't played anyone of note. A win over TN is important but it still isn't a sign SCar and Staley are ready for the big time yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone else think Tennessee wins this one?

For some reason I think the Lady Vols take this one.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I also think the Lady Vols win this game. IMHO the talent is equal between them and the difference will be Lady Vols playing at home in front of a big crowd. Lady Vols do have to hope that Simmons doesn't try to do to much on Senior Day.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Good question. If I'm a SC fan I'd be very disappointed if SC loses this game. Tenn's offense is too reliant on Simmons, not as good without Massengale and the Vols turn the ball over too much.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I wonder if Wilson will be at the game since UT and USC are both on her final list?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Don't think South Carolina is in the running for the National Championship this year. I also don't see them making the Final Four. However, next year, they should be considered as one of the favorites to reach the Final Four and a potential National Championship team.
Even though I'm a South Carolina fan, I have to (partially) agree with you. We don't quite have the experience or firepower this season to win the national championship, but I do think we could get to the Final Four. Next season, we will actually have an experienced team, with a very, very talented freshman class added to the mix. Dawn Staley is building the team that will dominate the SEC in this generation.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I wonder if Wilson will be at the game since UT and USC are both on her final list?
I understand she will be at the game. A'ja has been at nearly every South Carolina home game this season. I know she's been to some football, and maybe MBB games, too. Now that her senior season is over, I wonder when she'll announce her decision.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I am very much looking forward to watching this game. I think it's a big game for both teams. Neither team has defeated a top ranked team this year. Tenn's best win is against No Carolina, a team that beat S Car. S Car's best win is against an up-and-down Kentucky team.
I feel really good about our big wins at LSU and at Kentucky in our last 2 road games. We have no pressure on us today and I think South Carolina will beat Tennessee by 8 in Knoxville today.

Reaction Score
I'd be mildly surprised if TN won this one. I, too, think it depends on how much Simmons tries to overextend herself.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I have seen Dawn Staley regularly in PA at PSU. I have never been impressed by her as a coach. I think she has benefited from participating in USA Basketball as a coach. I do believe she has significantly raised her game this year BUT she still really hasn't played anyone of note. A win over TN is important but it still isn't a sign SCar and Staley are ready for the big time yet.

And if TENN goes on to win this the hyperbole will be awe inspiring. It will be said that SC is over-rated (I doubt that's true) and it will also be said TENN is back on track and is an NC contender again (I'm doubt that's true).

While a loss would hurt, SC is still the best in the SEC although a long way from ND & UCONN
A win for TENN is almost a must but I still don't see them going anywhere in the post season.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
UTenn playing their game
With Carter at the point, much more efficient passes inside
and she scores as well
Up by 11 as I write

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
So Car showing their lack of quality competition. TN offense is giving them fits.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
SC just isn't that good. They lost to UNC in December when UNC's freshmen were still getting their sea legs, and to an average aTm team in OT. The only reason they skyrocketed to #4 is because they really didn't play much else. One of the softest schedules out there, and they backed into the top 10 by default. LSU? Come on. Kentucky? Everyone has seen how average they are. The SEC is deep and solid, but none of those teams are close to final 4 contenders. I would not be surprised to see Tennessee win this game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This would be a really good time for South Carolina to make a run, but they've seemed unable to thus far.

Reaction Score
And if TENN goes on to win this the hyperbole will be awe inspiring. It will be said that SC is over-rated (I doubt that's true) and it will also be said TENN is back on track and is an NC contender again (I'm doubt that's true).

While a loss would hurt, SC is still the best in the SEC although a long way from ND & UCONN
A win for TENN is almost a must but I still don't see them going anywhere in the post season.

You don't think a team with the #4 ranking and ZERO Top 10 wins is overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom